Jump to content
The Political Lounge

NFL 1983-whenever RP


vcczar
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm thinking about running a rather simplistic NFL Draft RP. We will be starting in 1983. This is mainly to test out another game idea. 

The game will focus on the QBs with other position players of note either enhancing the QB or weakening the QB (or the running game). 

The QBs will be the only position with recorded stats. Rosters won't be full. It will be the QBs + other notable players on the roster. I define notable as Hall of Fame, arguably Hall of Famer, or someone that was briefly dominant. 

Players will draft QBs and notable players. 

For this playthrough, the stats will be in round numbers, like 3,500 yards, instead of 3,486 yards, just for simplicities sake. 

Every team will need to be run by players, so we will divide the teams based on the number of volunteers. 

For me to continue with this project, I will need 6 playtesters outside of myself. 

Note: AMPU is a priority, but this playthrough will not be an urgent playthrough as it will take me awhile to set it up. 

Let me know if you are interested. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

How much about football would I need to know? I mean, as I've said a few times, sports management is like one of my top played genres.... but American Football is like one of the sports I know the least about...

It really isn't necessary beyond the basics. It's more important that one doesn't abandon the playtest, at least not until after 1 season is completed. 

It won't be necessary to know who the good players are because you'll see all the rankings for each player. The draft won't have a "fog of war" on it yet so you'll see who is good historically. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, vcczar said:

It really isn't necessary beyond the basics. It's more important that one doesn't abandon the playtest, at least not until after 1 season is completed. 

It won't be necessary to know who the good players are because you'll see all the rankings for each player. The draft won't have a "fog of war" on it yet so you'll see who is good historically. 

Aight, I can chip in.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d be interested and am knowledgeable, however I’d probably have to know more about how it would operate before committing. Is it strictly drafting players and just seeing the results? Or is it more of a thorough general manager experience (i.e. draft + free agency + trades + personnel decisions etc.)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, jnewt said:

I’d be interested and am knowledgeable, however I’d probably have to know more about how it would operate before committing. Is it strictly drafting players and just seeing the results? Or is it more of a thorough general manager experience (i.e. draft + free agency + trades + personnel decisions etc.)?

Draft, trade, free agency, resigning. QB stats, win-loss record, playoffs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awesome! We got enough people. It's going to take me a few days to a few weeks to set up the spreadsheets and finish filling out the players. It depends how much free time I have each day, but I'll post team by team, so you can see the rosters. 

Soon, I'll make a group message and you'll pick teams. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, @matthewyoung123 @Joe303300 @jnewt @Rezi @OrangeP47 and @ebrk85 since we've got the teams set up, we will continue the game on this thread. 

Next Phase: FREE AGENCY

We only have 4 notable free agents: QB Warren Moon, QB Doug Williams, MLB Sam Mills, and K Scott Norwood. 

Look at your teams (you can see which teams are yours in the Standings tab):

  • Feel free to drop any players to the free agency list if you are full at any position and are hoping to draft someone into a vacancy. Thus, if you have 3 QBs, 2 RBs, 1 FB, 3 WRs, 2 TEs, 1 C, 2 Gs, 2 Ts, 2 DEs, 2 DTs, 2 MLBs, 2 OLBs, 3 CBs, 1 FS, 1 SS, 1 K, 1 P, 1 KR, 1 ST and you are hoping to draft someone in one of these positions then let me know here that you're dropping them. 
  • If you wish to make a bid for one of these free agents. Go to the Free Agency tab to see what kind of contract and years they are expecting. You can offer a matched bid or raise the bid. Contracts are A, B, C, D, and F. You are allowed 7 As, & Bs, 3 Cs, 2 Ds, 2 Fs. Make sure you don't exceed this number. I'm trusting you to check. I'll process which team the players join based on contract, playing time, team in need of massive rebuilding, and chance of championship. Contract and playing time will be the priority, with the others as tie-breaking. I'll roll a die if there's a tie.
  • Let me know if you aren't making any changes to your teams. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Ok, @matthewyoung123 @Joe303300 @jnewt @Rezi @OrangeP47 and @ebrk85 since we've got the teams set up, we will continue the game on this thread. 

Next Phase: FREE AGENCY

We only have 4 notable free agents: QB Warren Moon, QB Doug Williams, MLB Sam Mills, and K Scott Norwood. 

Look at your teams (you can see which teams are yours in the Standings tab):

  • Feel free to drop any players to the free agency list if you are full at any position and are hoping to draft someone into a vacancy. Thus, if you have 3 QBs, 2 RBs, 1 FB, 3 WRs, 2 TEs, 1 C, 2 Gs, 2 Ts, 2 DEs, 2 DTs, 2 MLBs, 2 OLBs, 3 CBs, 1 FS, 1 SS, 1 K, 1 P, 1 KR, 1 ST and you are hoping to draft someone in one of these positions then let me know here that you're dropping them. 
  • If you wish to make a bid for one of these free agents. Go to the Free Agency tab to see what kind of contract and years they are expecting. You can offer a matched bid or raise the bid. Contracts are A, B, C, D, and F. You are allowed 7 As, & Bs, 3 Cs, 2 Ds, 2 Fs. Make sure you don't exceed this number. I'm trusting you to check. I'll process which team the players join based on contract, playing time, team in need of massive rebuilding, and chance of championship. Contract and playing time will be the priority, with the others as tie-breaking. I'll roll a die if there's a tie.
  • Let me know if you aren't making any changes to your teams. 

The Packers would like to offer a matched bid contract to MLB Sam Mills.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...