The Political Lounge

Steam Replay 2022

vcczar

I got a Steam email for my 2022 Steam facts:

• I played 33 games, of which 16 were new. 
  • 41% of my time was spent playing Crusader Kings III
  • 15% of my time was spent playing Pro Wrestling Sim
  • 15% of my time was spent playing Ticket to Ride
  • That means 30 games make up the remaining 14%
  • 23% of the games I played were new releases
  • Grand Strategy was clearly my preferred genre
  • Like 1

My top games

1. Hearts of Iron IV (52%)
2. Stellaris (7%)
3. Victoria 3 (7%)
4. Fallout New Vegas (4%)
5. Ready or Not (3%)

Other good games I played: 
Project Zomboid
Kerbal Space Program
Disco Elysium
Rimworld
Insurgency Sandstorm
Brewmaster: Beer Brewing Simulator

Most of my time in Hearts of Iron IV comes from the The New Order: Last Days of Europe (TNO) mod. It's a total conversion mod that basically converts the game into a dark alternate-reality where the Nazis won WW2, and you can play as the United States and attempt to contain the spread of fascism, detente, etc. Many references to real-world events in parallel and a detailed election system with a variety of candidates you can get elected depending on how it plays out. Can also play as other countries but the US and Germany are the stars of the show (But the Russian warlords and England are fun as well). It removes a lot of the warfare elements and plays more like a choose-your-adventure visual novel in some ways with sliders and buttons, so if you want a war scenario like the vanilla game you'll hate the mod.

Other games: 
Ready or Not is such a good game. It's a slow-paced tactical SWAT simulator. Lots of customization and the gunplay is fantastic.
Kerbal Space Program, as a guy who failed math twice this game made me an armchair expert in orbital physics and rocketry.
Disco Elysium is such a good game. Even though it's made by communists I enjoyed it and its political themes. Highly recommended.
Rimworld. Best colony management game ever
Insurgency Sandstorm. My favorite multiplayer shooter. Could never get into COD or Battlefield.
Brewmaster. Very relaxing, chill game. Educational too.

Victoria 3 will be my over 50% game once DLC and good mods come out. It's stale for now, but has a great skeleton for future updates to flesh out.

• Thanks 1

Top Games: 

• Stardew Valley - 25%
  • Fallout: New Vegas - 18%
  • EU4 - 14%
  • The Political Process - 14%
  • Final Fantasy I - 10%

Other notable/good games: Cities Skylines, Final Fantasy II,  Left 4 Dead 2,  Death Road to Canada.

Top Genres:

image.png.260369cc975e585742c463748f0928b5.png

• Thanks 1
  • Based 1

11 minutes ago, Rezi said:

Top Games: 

• Stardew Valley - 25%
  • Fallout: New Vegas - 18%
  • EU4 - 14%
  • The Political Process - 14%
  • Final Fantasy I - 10%

Other notable/good games: Cities Skylines, Final Fantasy II,  Left 4 Dead 2,  Death Road to Canada.

Top Genres:

image.png.260369cc975e585742c463748f0928b5.png

Mega based. Shoutout to cities skylines, l4d2 and death road to canada

9 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Mega based. Shoutout to cities skylines, l4d2 and death road to canada

The fact that Death Road isn't universally seen as the spiritual successor to The Oregon Trail is a sign of the moral decay of society

• Agree 1

On 12/31/2022 at 4:02 PM, DakotaHale said:

My top games

1. Hearts of Iron IV (52%)
2. Stellaris (7%)
3. Victoria 3 (7%)
4. Fallout New Vegas (4%)
5. Ready or Not (3%)

Other good games I played: 
Project Zomboid
Kerbal Space Program
Disco Elysium
Rimworld
Insurgency Sandstorm
Brewmaster: Beer Brewing Simulator

Most of my time in Hearts of Iron IV comes from the The New Order: Last Days of Europe (TNO) mod. It's a total conversion mod that basically converts the game into a dark alternate-reality where the Nazis won WW2, and you can play as the United States and attempt to contain the spread of fascism, detente, etc. Many references to real-world events in parallel and a detailed election system with a variety of candidates you can get elected depending on how it plays out. Can also play as other countries but the US and Germany are the stars of the show (But the Russian warlords and England are fun as well). It removes a lot of the warfare elements and plays more like a choose-your-adventure visual novel in some ways with sliders and buttons, so if you want a war scenario like the vanilla game you'll hate the mod.

Other games: 
Ready or Not is such a good game. It's a slow-paced tactical SWAT simulator. Lots of customization and the gunplay is fantastic.
Kerbal Space Program, as a guy who failed math twice this game made me an armchair expert in orbital physics and rocketry.
Disco Elysium is such a good game. Even though it's made by communists I enjoyed it and its political themes. Highly recommended.
Rimworld. Best colony management game ever
Insurgency Sandstorm. My favorite multiplayer shooter. Could never get into COD or Battlefield.
Brewmaster. Very relaxing, chill game. Educational too.

Victoria 3 will be my over 50% game once DLC and good mods come out. It's stale for now, but has a great skeleton for future updates to flesh out.

I'll second Disco Elysium (one of the funniest games I've ever played, and also surprisingly moving at times!).  I'm also currently addicted to Project Zomboid.

• Thanks 1
  • Based 1

29 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

I'll second Disco Elysium (one of the funniest games I've ever played, and also surprisingly moving at times!).  I'm also currently addicted to Project Zomboid.

Yes, the writing is absolutely hilarious. One of the best written games ever made. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...