The Political Lounge

AMPU Updates

9 hours ago, vcczar said:

Ok. You’d probably have to be owner. I can either unfreeze that and see if that helps or you can tell me what to do. 

Okay.  Unfreeze it if you can -- I'll be at work and then on the road for most of the day but if you can unfreeze it then I should be able to do what I need to do late tonight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Okay.  Unfreeze it if you can -- I'll be at work and then on the road for most of the day but if you can unfreeze it then I should be able to do what I need to do late tonight.

I unfroze the player tabs, although going through the rules is probably the top priority right now since I won't overhaul the rest of the tabs until the rules are "finalized."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Blue team is fixed.

Now I'm going to try to lock the 1st Row and A Column so they move with you when you scroll on each player sheet.

Done!  All players and draft sheet now that have the 1st Row and A Column locked.

Diving back into the rules now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

I've finished reviewing, editing, and leaving notes/questions for @vcczar for the first section, "Faction Realignment" (which is really nine sub-sections).

Hoping to finish one or two more sections before I hit the road today (five hour drive).

Amazing work! I'll take a look. Just as a side note, in addition to work on AMPU. I've been working a lot of hours at my 2nd job, and I've been prepping stuff for teaching again in the Fall. Any time I'm not doing this, I'm having to do a lot of domestic stuff to make up for always working, so if it seems like I'm away from CPU more than often, this is why. I'm also going to keep working my 2nd job while I'm teaching. I'll quit it if I start making money from AMPU. However, after not having classes because of low enrollment in the Spring, I can't really take the risk of letting go of the backup job in the event that happens again.

• Like 1

@MrPotatoTed I got through the cards section and made some changes. You might want to go over it and make sure it makes sense to you. Basically, I want to emphasize that the historical era has restrictions on the ideology cards. I might want to move that part to the front, rather than have it as the last paragraph. 

• Like 1

@MrPotatoTed added a chance that the CPU will resign their politicians if they step down from a congressional leadership position. Prior to 1950, it was more normal for someone to step down but stay in Congress. I mention in the doc comment that John W Martin, a Speaker from the 1950s, served his last 8 years with no leadership position. He's the last Speaker to stay on. After him, I think people just wanted to retire on top. 

• Like 1

@MrPotatoTed Added to the Party Personalities in the rules that one must consult the Historical Era tab to see the total number of allowed ideology, interest, and lobby cards. I had it where I only mentioned this for ideology, but I had made a list in the Historical Era tab for interests as well. I just made one for lobbies. I think this will help keep the historical era flavor and also help them game appear that one is traveling through time. Not every lobby and interest is always available. Sometimes some interest, lobbies, and ideologies are more numerous than in other times. 

• Like 1

Unless we figure out how to get things automated to do work these pages, I'll handle both the History Tab and the Cards Held tabs during the playthrough. I have it so that it calculates who has the most of everything, but I'll manually put the name of player that gets the card based off the combination of factors @MrPotatoTed