The Political Lounge

Era of Terra: 2000 - ????

Hi all!  Apologies for my absence lately, as I dealt with moving to a new house and also starting grad school (and parenting and acting and working and health stuff and...ya know...life. Ha.)

But I'm thinking about starting up another playthrough.  For this one, I'm thinking of starting with the Era of Terror, which begins in 2000.  My next semester of grad school doesn't begin until next week, so I've got a few days to set it up.

I don't have a set number of human players I'm aiming for this time, but I will need all applicants to be both experienced players and able/willing to help with sheet updates.  Specifically, I'm looking for players who can help with one or more areas:

1)  Scenario setup (making all the tabs current for 2000)
2) Running drafts (including processing everyone's preferences and moving drafted players to the right sheets)
3) Keeping the Legis Prop/Legis Active/Lingering tabs up to date with what the current laws are
4) Updating Career Track and Protege tabs 
5) Processing elections and updating tabs after election outcomes
6) Updating history tab
7)  Creating new formulas as needed

I think that's about it.  I don't expect every player to help with all 7 areas, but I do need every player to volunteer to help with at least one area.

So, if you're interested in joining a 2000 - ???? playthrough, let me know....

1)  Your experience level with playing AMPU so far.

2)  Which of the 7 areas you can help in

3)  Anything else you want to add.

All players must be approved by V, but given my requirements that people already be experienced with both the game and helpful with the sheets, I don't anticipate any issues there.

Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Based 1

Mr PT, 

While I am a new player I am very smart and learning the rules fast.  I have a BA and MA in History so can pick up things quickly.  If you chose me to help I can help with 4 and 6 and possibly 3 and 5 with help at first but I will pick it up quickly.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

1) I've done a decent bit of playing AMPU, along with a small stint running a playtest. Pretty good at playing too.

2) I can deal with Running Drafts, updating CT & Protege tabs, updating history tabs, and a bit of creating new formulas.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

Mr PT, 

While I am a new player I am very smart and learning the rules fast.  I have a BA and MA in History so can pick up things quickly.  If you chose me to help I can help with 4 and 6 and possibly 3 and 5 with help at first but I will pick it up quickly.  

Also forgot to mention I have been a gm in years past on role playing games

• Like 1

1- Pretty High I think , been in multiple tests by this pointy
2-

1- Ive done a small bit of this b4
3,4,6 I dont think any of this is hard just boring /people sometimes forget untill it comes up lol so im happy to do if needed
5-Ive never ran the elections before but ive updates the tabs with gains before. 

tldr- as long as i dont have to use forumas im happy to help (which is embarrassing, ive had 3 separate college classes with exams on formulas for spreadsheets but i always just googled them and imput manually where possible lol) 

• Like 1

1)  High at this stage. Participated in 2 others before taking over the 2016 test and starting and running the 1948 test.

2)  I can help in any of the 7 areas as needed. Just during the most time-consuming phases for a gm in my other test, I'd have to limit the amount of extra help I can offer.  I can't create all the formulas on my own from scratch but I have gotten very good at fixing broken ones, HA. Or taking an existing formula and updating it to what we need.

3)  Happy to see your return!

• Like 1

1. I'd say I have medium-level experience with playtesting so far. I'm involved in both the 1948 and 2016 playtests.
  2. I can definitely help with formulae (already noticed some inefficiencies here with the other playtests), but definitely cannot help with setup. The other areas I can help with when needed.
  • Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 5:09 AM, MrPotatoTed said:

Hi all!  Apologies for my absence lately, as I dealt with moving to a new house and also starting grad school (and parenting and acting and working and health stuff and...ya know...life. Ha.)

But I'm thinking about starting up another playthrough.  For this one, I'm thinking of starting with the Era of Terror, which begins in 2000.  My next semester of grad school doesn't begin until next week, so I've got a few days to set it up.

I don't have a set number of human players I'm aiming for this time, but I will need all applicants to be both experienced players and able/willing to help with sheet updates.  Specifically, I'm looking for players who can help with one or more areas:

1)  Scenario setup (making all the tabs current for 2000)
2) Running drafts (including processing everyone's preferences and moving drafted players to the right sheets)
3) Keeping the Legis Prop/Legis Active/Lingering tabs up to date with what the current laws are
4) Updating Career Track and Protege tabs 
5) Processing elections and updating tabs after election outcomes
6) Updating history tab
7)  Creating new formulas as needed

I think that's about it.  I don't expect every player to help with all 7 areas, but I do need every player to volunteer to help with at least one area.

So, if you're interested in joining a 2000 - ???? playthrough, let me know....

All players must be approved by V, but given my requirements that people already be experienced with both the game and helpful with the sheets, I don't anticipate any issues there.

Thank you!

Im definetly in if this is still o.

1.My experience is high as i participated in few and led one playtest.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bushwa777 said:

Any update on this?

Same update I pm’ed you a couple days ago.  

But for others seeing this:  I was overly optimistic about my ability to dive back into this right now during the busiest semester of grad school. My apologies for getting anyone’s hopes up.  If anyone feels inspired to run it themselves, I’d be happy to join as a player but I don’t have the available time to set up or run it myself until at least 2024, and god willing my services won’t be needed by then because hopefully the computer game will have come out by then. ;c)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Same update I pm’ed you a couple days ago.  

But for others seeing this:  I was overly optimistic about my ability to dive back into this right now during the busiest semester of grad school. My apologies for getting anyone’s hopes up.  If anyone feels inspired to run it themselves, I’d be happy to join as a player but I don’t have the available time to set up or run it myself until at least 2024, and god willing my services won’t be needed by then because hopefully the computer game will have come out by then. ;c)

If there is old 2000 spreadsheet we did a long time ago,i could get onto updating it and getting this running in next week or so.

• Like 1

@ShortKing @ebrk85

Since you guys marked 1. as area you can help in i have a not-so-easy task for you,if you are willing to help me of course.

Could you fill politicians data for 2000 start?I have politicians sorted by factions but they are all using old AMPU data from waaaay back when first 2000 playtest happened 2020-21 i think.

Its mostly a copy-paste task but it would be very time consuming to do it all by myself.

Id appreciate it!

45 minutes ago, Rodja said:

@ShortKing @ebrk85

Since you guys marked 1. as area you can help in i have a not-so-easy task for you,if you are willing to help me of course.

Could you fill politicians data for 2000 start?I have politicians sorted by factions but they are all using old AMPU data from waaaay back when first 2000 playtest happened 2020-21 i think.

Its mostly a copy-paste task but it would be very time consuming to do it all by myself.

Id appreciate it!

That would be way outdated I'd imagine.  I can but most likely not until this weekend. If you need my email to share the doc, let me know.