• Glenn Youngkin (R)
  12. 12. WV

• Joe Manchin (D)
    • Jim Justice (R)
  13. 13. WI

• Tammy Baldwin (D)
    • Mike Gallagher (R)

2 hours ago, ShortKing said:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ruben-gallego-jumps-into-arizona-senate-race-may-face-kyrsten-sinema-11674478302

Democratic Congressman Ruben Gallego announces his campaign for the Senate, will be interesting to see if Sinema decides to run for re-election or not. 

I think she runs because she's incredibly self-interested. She isn't a Democrat anymore, so she isn't really invested in helping them. I think what is more likely to happen is that she forced Gallego to endorse her if she can win over more independents than Gallego and enough Democrats. 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

I think she runs because she's incredibly self-interested. She isn't a Democrat anymore, so she isn't really invested in helping them. I think what is more likely to happen is that she forced Gallego to endorse her if she can win over more independents than Gallego and enough Democrats. 

Personally, I think the opposite- I’m guessing she doesn’t run because she’s incredibly self-interested.  Obviously it’s still early, but polls are showing her running a very distant third, and I think she’d consider a crushing defeat harmful to her image and prefer to bow out to save face.  Furthermore, polls are currently showing a competitive race even with Sienna running as an independent, so it’s not clear that she could even hold the seat hostage and try to force Gallego to endorse her.