The Political Lounge

What's Next? - A 2024 RP

Fbarbarossa

2024 RPs have been attempted in the past and have all failed, I plan to have this be the first completed 2024 RP.

Now that the midterms are over I feel like we have the chance to do a 2024 that's better than the others, now that we have more knowledge on current election trends and know who will be in office for the elections in 2024.

So with that, here commences the first post midterm 2024 RP - Please pick one Democrat and one Republican

Tucker Carlson/Jimmy Dore - @WVProgressive

Tulsi Gabbard/Rashida Tlaib - @Murrman104

George Santos/Richard Ojeda - @Cenzonico

Brian Kemp/Kamala Harris - @The Blood

Ron DeSantis/Merrick Garland - @Cal

Tim Scott/Gina Raimondo - @ShortKing

John Kasich/Bernie Sanders - @Rodja

Alex Jones/Raphael Warnock - @Sean F Kennedy

Joni Ernst/Gretchen Whitmer - @Hestia

Mike Pence/Jared Polis - @Rezi

Edited by Fbarbarossa

As my Republican, I’ll take Tucker Carlson, and as my Democrat I’ll take… Jimmy Dore, why not.

1. Gina Raimondo will hold a campaign rollout in Columbus, Ohio, touting the nearby Intel factory that opened as a result of the CHIPS bill her office helped work to pass.

2. Raimondo will hold a rally in Cedar Rapids on the need to confront China on trade and manufacturing. 

3. Gina will do a local interview in New Hampshire.

Endorsement Request: NH Senator Jeanne Shaheen

1. Tim Scott will hold a campaign rollout in Charleston, South Carolina, focusing on his roots in the state.

2. Scott will hold a rally in Nashua on the need for a new generation of leadership.

3. Tim will do a local Q&A with students at Des Moines University

Endorsement Request: IA Congressman Randy Feenstra

Rep Rashida Tlaib
1: Opens her campaign with a speech in her home city of Detroit, she will speak of the need to bring Unions back to the heart of the Democratic party
2: Let's try for some Interviews with some Beltway reporters, get the word out about her platform

3: Q & A session at Iowa University with students
Endorsement request - AOC

Fmr Rep Tulsi Gabbard

1- Gabbard will give a speech in New Hampshire about the need for a more limited foreign policy, she will accuse the Biden administration of giving Ukraine a "blank check" 

2- Gabbard will try to get appearances on alternative media (e.g Rogan)  to discuss her candidacy and platform. 
3- Gabbard will knock on doors and shake hands in New Hampshire

Endorsement Request- Glenn Youngkin 

@Fbarbarossa I decided to write my Tucker events in a tad unorthodox manner, hope it's alright! Also the views expressed in the below events are not my own... Obviously. 

1. My guest is droning on, and on about god knows what, in the most stilted, boring delivery I've ever seen. Is Fox paying him by the word for this shit? It takes every ounce of energy I can muster to appear half-interested in whatever bullshit the blue collar slobs of America have worked themselves into a frenzy over this week. I can't stop myself from scowling as I look my guest up, and down. He's on the biggest cable news show in the world, and he looks like he hasn't bathed in weeks. He's stopped talking - finally - and he's looking at me like a kid wanting daddy's attention. "That's, uh, really something, thank you." I say to end the segment, and finally I'm rid of him.

I adjust myself in my seat, look down at my notes to see what the next segment is, and smile. Finally, something worth my attention. "To end out our night, I wanted to make a very special announcement. Over the past four years the Biden regime, and the Democrats have set out to destroy everything that makes America, America." I begin, "They've imported millions of immigrants hostile to our culture, shipped thousands of factory jobs over to China, brought the world to the brink of WW3, and dragged our economy into a recession." I continue, knowing the slobs watching me are surely reaching for their blood pressure medication at this point, "But you'd never know it if you watched the mainstream news, there has been a total media blackout on Biden's War on Legacy Americans. Now that the Democratic ring-leaders have made it clear that Joe Biden will not be running for re-election, you can bet that every Democratic candidate will be prostrating themselves to show that they're the fittest puppet to continue these crimes." I continue, "And what about the supposed opposition party, the Republicans? Well when they're not busy going to parties, and dinners with their supposed opponents, they're busy virtue signaling their conservatism... and then not backing that up with any actual legislative achievements." I finish my opening, barely able to contain my excitement.

"That is why, I am glad to announce that I am running for President." I say proudly, unable to conceal my smile at the idea of being elected, "As your President, I will fight against the Washington Establishment, both the left-wing Democrats, and the Democrat-Lite Republican Establishment. I will be the servant of Legacy Americans, and everyday people. I will end our foreign entanglements, and redouble our domestic commitments. I will fight illegal immigration, fight social degeneracy, and fight the finance based economy which fuels both of those problems." I tell all the retirees, lunatics, and idiots watching me, "I've been Tucker Carlson, and I hope I've got your vote." a formality, of course, I already know all the mouth breathers out there will do whatever I tell them, so long as I hit at the right people.

For the first time in decades, I feel alive. I can see it now, Biden, and Kamala staring slack jawed at the podium as I deliver my inauguration speech. Those boring assholes who spent their whole life climbing the Washington ranks fuming that an outsider like me got elected. Those whiney bleeding hearts protesting, and crying as I purge the mentally sick with a flick of the pen. . All I need to do is convince the average slob that I'm on their side, and I've been doing that for years...

2. The sun-burned slob in front of me is droning on about repairing his tractor, or something. I can't help but feel a sense of pity when I talk to people like this. Simpletons who think their mudhole is a little slice of heaven because they've never been to a city - a real city, not that little shithole Des Moines. The bumpkin has finished talking, I savor the reprieve of having to listen to the broken dialect they call English before dryly telling him that I would increase farm subsidies for small farmers like him, and his neighbors. God, I wish these bums would get off their lazy ass, and work, rather than relying on government handouts. They're just like the Black crack addicts in Detroit that their so afraid of...

3. It's 35 degrees out here, and I'm wearing a tan leather jacket, and a checkered button-up to look 'relatable' to the rural bumpkins that decide these elections. I'm standing on the bank of the Potomac, somewhere in rural Virginia in between takes for my most recent ad campaign. I can't remember what it's about. Gun control, abortion, immigrants, something like that. Something that will get the uneducated slobs in Iowa hot under the collar to vote for me. The mangy little director behind this production is motioning for me to hurry up so he can shoot another take. I put my phone back in my pocket, and try to look torn up about whatever I'm supposed to be outraged over. I'm paying my add team way too much...

Endorsement: God, Zach Nunn is such a little wimp. You can tell he believe everything he says. I can hear my hollow, disconnected voice spinning him a yarn about how I much I abhor the evils of abortion. I can't bring myself to care what skank is getting an abortion these days, but I need to win conservatives, and this Nunn guy will help me do it. I'm smiling as he thinks about endorsing me, trying to ignore the little pig-snout he calls a nose...

Dore:

1. Dore will announce that he is running for President at a rally in Los Angeles, promising to take on the Deep State, and fight for true Progressive action, unlike his opponents.

2. Dore will tour Iowa college campuses to convince gullible college kids to vote, and donate to him.

3. He will do the same in New Hampshire 

Endorsement: Dore asks for Nina Turner's endorsement

13 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

1. My guest is droning on, and on about god knows what, in the most stilted, boring delivery I've ever seen. Is Fox paying him by the word for this shit? It takes every ounce of energy I can muster to appear half-interested in whatever bullshit the blue collar slobs of America have worked themselves into a frenzy over this week. I can't stop myself from scowling as I look my guest up, and down. He's on the biggest cable news show in the world, and he looks like he hasn't bathed in weeks. He's stopped talking - finally - and he's looking at me like a kid wanting daddy's attention. "That's, uh, really something, thank you." I say to end the segment, and finally I'm rid of him.

I adjust myself in my seat, look down at my notes to see what the next segment is, and smile. Finally, something worth my attention. "To end out our night, I wanted to make a very special announcement. Over the past four years the Biden regime, and the Democrats have set out to destroy everything that makes America, America." I begin, "They've imported millions of immigrants hostile to our culture, shipped thousands of factory jobs over to China, brought the world to the brink of WW3, and dragged our economy into a recession." I continue, knowing the slobs watching me are surely reaching for their blood pressure medication at this point, "But you'd never know it if you watched the mainstream news, there has been a total media blackout on Biden's War on Legacy Americans. Now that the Democratic ring-leaders have made it clear that Joe Biden will not be running for re-election, you can bet that every Democratic candidate will be prostrating themselves to show that they're the fittest puppet to continue these crimes." I continue, "And what about the supposed opposition party, the Republicans? Well when they're not busy going to parties, and dinners with their supposed opponents, they're busy virtue signaling their conservatism... and then not backing that up with any actual legislative achievements." I finish my opening, barely able to contain my excitement.

"That is why, I am glad to announce that I am running for President." I say proudly, unable to conceal my smile at the idea of being elected, "As your President, I will fight against the Washington Establishment, both the left-wing Democrats, and the Democrat-Lite Republican Establishment. I will be the servant of Legacy Americans, and everyday people. I will end our foreign entanglements, and redouble our domestic commitments. I will fight illegal immigration, fight social degeneracy, and fight the finance based economy which fuels both of those problems." I tell all the retirees, lunatics, and idiots watching me, "I've been Tucker Carlson, and I hope I've got your vote." a formality, of course, I already know all the mouth breathers out there will do whatever I tell them, so long as I hit at the right people.

For the first time in decades, I feel alive. I can see it now, Biden, and Kamala staring slack jawed at the podium as I deliver my inauguration speech. Those boring assholes who spent their whole life climbing the Washington ranks fuming that an outsider like me got elected. Those whiney bleeding hearts protesting, and crying as I purge the mentally sick with a flick of the pen. . All I need to do is convince the average slob that I'm on their side, and I've been doing that for years...

2. The sun-burned slob in front of me is droning on about repairing his tractor, or something. I can't help but feel a sense of pity when I talk to people like this. Simpletons who think their mudhole is a little slice of heaven because they've never been to a city - a real city, not that little shithole Des Moines. The bumpkin has finished talking, I savor the reprieve of having to listen to the broken dialect they call English before dryly telling him that I would increase farm subsidies for small farmers like him, and his neighbors. God, I wish these bums would get off their lazy ass, and work, rather than relying on government handouts. They're just like the Black crack addicts in Detroit that their so afraid of...

3. It's 35 degrees out here, and I'm wearing a tan leather jacket, and a checkered button-up to look 'relatable' to the rural bumpkins that decide these elections. I'm standing on the bank of the Potomac, somewhere in rural Virginia in between takes for my most recent ad campaign. I can't remember what it's about. Gun control, abortion, immigrants, something like that. Something that will get the uneducated slobs in Iowa hot under the collar to vote for me. The mangy little director behind this production is motioning for me to hurry up so he can shoot another take. I put my phone back in my pocket, and try to look torn up about whatever I'm supposed to be outraged over. I'm paying my add team way too much...

Endorsement: God, Zach Nunn is such a little wimp. You can tell he believe everything he says. I can hear my hollow, disconnected voice spinning him a yarn about how I much I abhor the evils of abortion. I can't bring myself to care what skank is getting an abortion these days, but I need to win conservatives, and this Nunn guy will help me do it. I'm smiling as he thinks about endorsing me, trying to ignore the little pig-snout he calls a nose...

Okay Bret Easton Ellis

• Like 1

Santos: 

1. George Santos is just constitutionally eligible to run, and only has a half complete term in congress to his name. That won't phase this boy wonder though! Santos announces his run for president with a video on Twitter, stating that "America needs new leadership. Young, bold, and dynamic leadership. The establishment is old and tired, and the MAGA Trumpians will destroy out party if we nominate one. But I will build a new coalition of voters ready to boot out the Democrats. I will return honor, dignity, and integrity to the White House. So join me and my quest to make a better America for us all."

2. Santos kicks off his campaign with a rally in Brooklyn, where he lays out his ambitious plan for America. "Low taxes, small government, an ardent supporter of democracy abroad, and a America accepting of all!"

3. Santos then flies over to Des Moines, Iowa where he barnstorms the city meeting local voters. 

Endorsement Request: Mike Lawler

Ojeda: 

1. Richard Ojeda is an interesting guy. Populist but not over the top, a long career in the military, and only a single term in the West Virginia senate. He is the true definition of a underdog candidate, but that won't stop him from trying. He announces his run for president on his social media profiles. "Simply put, It's time for a America run by the grassroots. The people. US."

2. Ojeda barnstorms Columbia, South Carolina, where he talks policy, his background, and why he's running. "For the people."

3. Ojeda stays in Columbia, giving a speech on the need for the Democratic party to chart a new course. 

Endorsement Request: Roy Cooper

5 minutes ago, Cenzonico said:

Okay Bret Easton Ellis

You enjoy Bret Easton Ellis? Some of his more recent work is a little too meta-fiction-y for my tastes, but I think Less Than Zero is really his best work, commercially, and artistically. The whole novel has such a clean, crisp style, and a type of dispassionate cynicism that really gives it a big boost - all at the age of only 21 years old! His style's been compared to Joan Didion, but I think Ellis's work is far more bitter, cynical, and even humorous than Didion's! In 1991, Ellis release American Psycho, his undisputed masterpiece in my opinion. It's a work so popular that most people haven't even read it - but they should, because it's not just a critique of mindless consumerism, and the rampant materialism of modern life, it's also a deeply personal statement about Ellis himself!

Hey Cen!

😛

• Based 1

Just now, WVProgressive said:

You enjoy Bret Easton Ellis? Some of his more recent work is a little too meta-fiction-y for my tastes, but I think Less Than Zero is really his best work, commercially, and artistically. The whole novel has such a clean, crisp style, and a type of dispassionate cynicism that really gives it a big boost - all at the age of only 21 years old! His style's been compared to Joan Didion, but I think Ellis's work is far more bitter, cynical, and even humorous than Didion's! In 1991, Ellis release American Psycho, his undisputed masterpiece in my opinion. It's a work so popular that most people haven't even read it - but they should, because it's not just a critique of mindless consumerism, and the rampant materialism of modern life, it's also a deeply personal statement about Ellis himself!

Hey Cen!

😛

I read a bit of American Psycho for a school project (I stopped because I learnt that I was going to get switched out of the class I need to do it for) so I recognize the writing style and thought it would be fun to point it out. 😄

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cenzonico said:

I read a bit of American Psycho for a school project (I stopped because I learnt that I was going to get switched out of the class I need to do it for) so I recognize the writing style and thought it would be fun to point it out. 😄

That’s so based. I wish my school had reading projects like that, the best we got was The Great Gatsby.

I love Ellis, he’s one of my favorite authors, and I own, and have read each of his works (except The Shards, I own it, but haven’t gotten around to reading it yet - I’ve heard very good things!). My favorites would probably be his ‘Yuppie Trilogy’  (Less Than Zero-The Rules of Attraction-American Psycho) as I’ve taken to calling it, and I’ve read all three novels multiple times, my personal favorite is Less Than Zero though they’re all fantastic. This is getting ramble-y, so I guess I’ll end off by telling you that you should keep reading American Psycho, if you can, lmao.

• Based 1

7 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

so I guess I’ll end off by telling you that you should keep reading American Psycho, if you can, lmao.

I've been thinking about continuing, think I'll enjoy it better since I won't be associating it with an essay anymore 🤣. It's just now that school is back I don't feel like I have the time for it.

• Like 1

Polis:

1. Jared Polis does an interview on the Joe Rogan Experience, where he dazzles Joe and his youthful audience with support for drug rights and independent nature.
  2. Polis holds a rally at Iowa State University with a voter registration effort and calls for Governor Reynolds to legalize marijuana.
  3. Polis barnstorms across New Hampshire.

Endorsement Request: Tom Vilsack.

Pence:

1. Pence and his brother Greg open their own Pence-Family Megachurch outside of Indianapolis.
  2. Pence holds a rally in Iowa where he learns how to ride a tractor.
  3. Pence opens a field office in South Carolina and begins to build ground game.

Endorsement Request: Kim Reynolds

Attorney General Merrick Garland Delivers Remarks Announcing Motion to  Unseal Search Warrant | OPA | Department of Justice

Attorney General Merrick Garland announces his candidacy for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States, March 16th, 2023

"Seven years.

Seven years have gone by since the day that President Barrack Obama nominated me to one of the highest honors attainable by a citizen of the United States: serving our beautiful country in its highest court. 

That day, March 16th, 2016, marked a turning point for many in our country and led to the realization that Republicans weren't going to continue to honor the traditions and customs of hundreds of years of American history. Republicans have consistently attacked the institutions and traditions that have made our nation into the greatest nation in the world. Mitch McConnell and his allies have used every trick, every trap, every skullduggery they could to hold onto and expand their power against the will of the American people. And, today, I'm announcing that I am seeking to represent you all as President of the United States and continue the work of President Biden in restoring integrity not only to the White House, but the American political discourse." (Event 1) 

Garland begins his campaign by beginning the lay the groundwork for a large canvassing operation in Iowa, buying out office space to begin training staff and volunteers to go door-to-door to reach out to voters. (Event 2) 

Attorney General Garland finishes out this turn with an interview with NBC news, where he markets himself as a well-respected political moderate with a history of fighting for civil rights. (Event 3)

Endorsement request: Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg.

Edited by Cal