The Political Lounge

What's Next? - A 2024 RP

Fbarbarossa

Kamala:

1. Kamala Harris will kick off her Presidential campaign with a rally in Des Moines, declaring that, "A vote for me is a vote to continue the work of the Biden/Harris Administration! As President, I will fight to fulfill our Administration's promises on healthcare, workers' rights, and social justice. With a continued Democratic Presidency and a restored majority in Congress, we can pass a public option, securing healthcare for all! We can support our workers by defending union rights and raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour! And we can root out the police brutality and institutional neglect facing black and brown communities around the nation! My victory in this campaign will be historic, as the first woman and Asian American to serve as President. But I intend to make my Administration itself even more historic, delivering real victories for core Democratic policies. I ask that you join my campaign, Des Moines, so we can win this election, pass legislation, and make history together!"

2. Kamala will campaign in Nevada, painting herself as the experienced candidate in the race. "You see, out of all these candidates running for President, I'm the only one who can really serve as President efficiently. Being Governor of a state for five years isn't experience to be President, and neither is being a Senator nor a nobody Representative. I've been in the Oval Office working with Joe since we were inaugurated, and I understand the ins-and-outs of the Presidency like no one else in this race. It's either me, who knows how to achieve legislative victories from inside the White House, or any of these other candidates, who will fall flat on their faces if they're elected. We shouldn't forget what happened the last time someone unprepared became President."

3. Kamala will campaign in South Carolina, appealing to black voters with a whirlwind tour of the state. Harris will emphasize her work with Joe and preparation to be President, while also claiming the other candidates are either too extreme or too unknown to win in a general election.

Endorsement: Jim Clyburn

Brian Kemp:

1. Brian Kemp will announce his Presidential campaign in Georgia, calling his candidacy a fight for "real conservatism" in the Republican Party. Kemp will criticize the "wacko faction" of the party for "killing us in the Midterms," while also emphasizing that Republicans can win in 2024 if "we regrow our spines and fight for true conservative positions on abortion, the Second Amendment, and preserving family values." 

2. Kemp will campaign in Iowa, criticizing Tucker Carlson for being little more than a "snake-oil salesman" who "doesn't know the first thing about winning elections or holding public office." Kemp will note that he's "watched Tucker praise Putin on air," and doesn't trust him "anywhere near the nomination or the Presidency."

3. Kemp will visit South Carolina, emphasizing his pro-life record and policies in the state.

Endorsement: Nancy Mace

Edited by The Blood

Ron DeSantis begins his campaign by announcing outside the Governor's mansion that he will be running for President to return "conservative leadership" to America, and that he will "continue the work that President Trump started" (event 1)

DeSantis flies out the Iowa, where he tells voters that he will lower the income tax for all Americans. (Event 2) 

DeSantis finishes out the week with another stop in Iowa, promising that if a bill banning abortion nationwide is put on his desk as President, he will gladly sign it. (Event 3)

Endorsement request: Nikki Haley.

Events 

Gretchen Whitmer (D)

Gretchen Whitmer begins her campaign with an announcement in her home state of Michigan, touting her administration's success at bringing jobs to Michigan and that she would continue to be a job grower nationwide as well.

Whitmer then flies out to New Hampshire to begin her campaign cycle, touting her get-stuff-done mentality that has allowed her to be successful at the state level. She emphasizes that 'moderate' and 'progressive' labels are unnecessary and distract from what politicians should be doing - helping the American people.

Gov. Whitmer ends her week in South Carolina, aiming to begin a rapport with African-American voters to try and put together a winning coalition in the Democratic Party.

Endorsement Request: Fmr. Iowa Gov. and current Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack 

Joni Ernst (R)

Joni Ernst gets to start her campaign in her home state of Iowa, giving her announcement speech in her home town of Red Oak, a small town in southwest Iowa. She touches on the 'Iowa values' that she embodies and hopes to get done once in office.

Ernst goes to a larger rally in Ames, where she speaks at Iowa State University. She highlights her support of the ag industry while in the Senate and pledges to be a fighter for agriculture once in office.

Sen. Ernst leaves her home state for the first time as she takes a flight out to New Hampshire to campaign. She hopes to get in with business-friendly Republicans in the state who are looking for an establishment, but conservative candidate.

Endorsement Request: US Chamber of Commerce

Alex Jones (R)

1. Jones replayed the moment in his head over and over…

”There are a lot of things I loooooove about Hitler” - Ye 

Alex knew the stuff he spouted was completely bullshit, he was already lucky to not be in jail for his comments on Sandy Hook. Jones knew he needed to launch his campaign with a bang in Iowa 

“I’ll say it right now, I hate Nazis! I’d kill baby Hitler, I’d throw him right off a cliff.” 
Jones went on to launch attacks against Ron DeSantis calling him “Dollar General Trump” 

2. Jones once again hits Iowa, telling Iowa farmers about his support or ethanol fuel… and a little bit of Pizzagate.

3. Jones will campaign, in rural parts of South Carolina, creating fears of government, confiscation of all guns.

endorsement request: Jim Jordan

Raphael Warnock (D)

1. Warnock will barnstorm across the south rallying southern black voters to his sermons as he talks a need for “Unifying the American People “ He will start in South Carolina 

2 Warnock will go to Nevada and flex his progressive credentials with former Sanders supporters.

3. Warnock will Campaign once again, in South Carolina Reading and reading people at Myrtle Beach. 
Endorsement request: Jon Ossoff

Edited by Sean F Kennedy

25 minutes ago, Cal said:

I think all that's left is @Rodja and @Murrman104

11 minutes ago, ShortKing said:

Murrman went and I think Rodja is going to be unavailable for a little while

Yeah, @FbarbarossaI'd probably just count Rodja as out for the meantime, rather than waiting for him.

Sanders Events

1.Sen.Sanders will launch his campaign in Burlington,VT focusing on his signature policies of M4A,Green New Deal,getting big money out of politics,etc.He calls for the political revolution and emphasizes that "we made limited progress in the last 4 years with Biden administration but we need to do much much more!"

2.Sen.Sanders barnstorms rural Iowa pledging support for small farms

3.Sen.Sanders tours NH college campuses promising to forgive all student debt

Endorsement Request:

Sen.Elizabeth Warren

Kasich Events

1.John Kasich launchs his campaign with video message on Twitter calling for "the fight for the soul of conservativism against dark forces",blasting Fmr.Pres.Trump for "hijacking the Republican Party"

2.Kasich campaign will host a fundraiser with moderate Republican donors

3.John Kasich will hold a rally in Des Moines,IA focusing on his faith and pro-life abortion policies

Endorsement Request:

Sen.Mitt Romney

• 3 weeks later...

REPUBLICANS

Tim Scott

45 13/-2 - The Senator starts off with a capable enough campaign but starts off with a less than ideal but far from campaign ending week.

Tulsi Gabbard

3 16/+1 - Tulsi's campaign is disastrous, with untrained staff and low donations, still, her first week is stable enough.

Tucker Carlson

12 13/-2 - Tucker is off to a bad start, despite hitting all the right notes there seems to be a level of detachment within him and his campaign.

George Santos

99 22/+7 - The congressman is off to a fantastic start, it seems that having said everything at one point or another has made him speak to every base.

Mike Pence

52 15/0 - While not amazing, the former Vice President is off to a capable and stable start in the run for the nomination.

Brian Kemp

58 11/-4 - Though his campaign is steady Kemp's events didn't go too well. He got too caught up talking about big trucks.

Ron DeSantis

47 11/-4 - The Governor isn't off to the strongest start, especially considering that his campaign was much awaited. Still, he's far from done.

Joni Ernst

57 13/-2 - The Iowa Senator, considering the unexpectedness of her campaign, isn't off to a bad start but she still has much work to do.

Alex Jones

22 11/-4 - Jones is coming from a strange place so a bad start isn't unexpected. Still, he has a low ceiling and a lot to do.

John Kasich

81 19/+4 - Kasich is off to a strong start. He seems to have made a bang among the anti-populist wing of the party.

• Like 2