The Political Lounge

The Political Arena

vcczar

I recommend everyone adding this game to their wishlist, if they haven't already. It's a game being made by a former co-worker of mine when we both worked at the Huffington Post in the 2010s. Neither one of us knew about each other's existance. I think he worked in the DC office and me in the NYC HQ. Anyway, Elliott is also a KS donor for AMPU. We've emailed. His game is set to be released this year. It isn't historical and is a contemporary game, but it sure looks fun. 

https://politicalarena.com/

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

Looks interesting! Hopefully he advertised us in his community as well *looking enviously at you, NY Times review* lol

He has all kinds of connections. He had his KS campaign a month before us. He raked in over $100k (big donors) with about half the # of donors. We had waaaaaaaaaaay more donors, but all small donation. It's like we're Bernie Sanders facing Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden in regards to big donor vs grassroots.  

• Based 1

I'm as anti-Anthony as they come, but I do think it's notable that this game had their kickstarter before ours, seemed like the game was already pretty much made even before the kickstarter, they raised more money, have an actual team of industry professionals developing it...

...and they still haven't even announced a release date yet.

That's the one thing that gives me 1% support for Anthony. Haha.  Apparently these way better funded, more knowledgeable gaming industry people can't get their act together either. ;c)

3 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

I'm as anti-Anthony as they come, but I do think it's notable that this game had their kickstarter before ours, seemed like the game was already pretty much made even before the kickstarter, they raised more money, have an actual team of industry professionals developing it...

...and they still haven't even announced a release date yet.

That's the one thing that gives me 1% support for Anthony. Haha.  Apparently these way better funded, more knowledgeable gaming industry people can't get their act together either. ;c)

Yeah, he had mega donors based on greatly out-fundraising us with like half the number of backers. His team making the game is huge. I remember when I showed Anthony the link, he looked at the number of people on the team, and he said something along the lines, "The number of people on this team is almost laughable. How are they paying all of them?" 

• Like 1