The Political Lounge

How to Join an AMPU Playtest

vcczar

Want to join an AMPU Playtest? 

If all of the below are true, then you're in:

1. Are you a Kickstarter donor for AMPU or have you pre-ordered the game through 270Soft? 

2. Do you consistently engage positively with users in this forum? 

3. Is there a vacancy for a new playtester to join?

4. If you join, can you promise to make a decision or process your moves within a 24-hours of being prompted by the playtest game manager? Keep in mind that some phases can be quite time-consuming. 

5. (Optional) Can you promise to help out the game manager with spreadsheet upkeep?

• Like 3

• vcczar pinned this topic
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just dropping a note that I'd be interested in joining a playtest. I've pre-ordered AMPU and I've been on the 270soft (now 270sim) forums. Some of you here may know me from dynasty writing on other places as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jestor said:

Just dropping a note that I'd be interested in joining a playtest. I've pre-ordered AMPU and I've been on the 270soft (now 270sim) forums. Some of you here may know me from dynasty writing on other places as well.

Just hangout on this forum for awhile, engage with forum users, and then when a vacancy avails itself you can join in. 

5 hours ago, Jestor said:

I'll PM you if I got a vacancy. 

6 hours ago, Jestor said:

30 minutes ago, Arkansas Progressive said:

I'll PM you if I got a vacancy. 

Me 2

17 minutes ago, saka8623 said:

I pre-ordered the game. And I want to participate in a playtest.

Just hangout on this forum for awhile, engage with forum users, and then when a vacancy avails itself you can join in. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/29/2023 at 8:51 AM, matthewyoung123 said:

He's coming to 1856!

Hi Sorry if this is too late I've preorder the game a while back and been looking for a playtest for a while and have plenty of time to dedicate to the playtest. If there is any possible opening I would love to join

24 minutes ago, Connor said:

Hi Sorry if this is too late I've preorder the game a while back and been looking for a playtest for a while and have plenty of time to dedicate to the playtest. If there is any possible opening I would love to join

We already have our 4 human faction players for the 1856 test, but there is room for someone to run a CPU faction (meaning you'll utilize CPU rules and make updates based on rolls rather than what you want to happen in the faction).  If that suits you, let me know.

37 minutes ago, matthewyoung123 said:

We already have our 4 human faction players for the 1856 test, but there is room for someone to run a CPU faction (meaning you'll utilize CPU rules and make updates based on rolls rather than what you want to happen in the faction).  If that suits you, let me know.

100 percent that works thank you 

• 3 months later...
13 hours ago, Entrecampos said:

I bought the game, I would like to be Tester.

You'll have to wait until there's an opening in one of the on-going games. There may be an opening, so I'd post in one of on-going playtests. I know you aren't regularly in the forum, but playtesting requires making a move at least 24 hours, so you'd have to be in the forum every day. Many playtesters check into the forum every single day, so you may be encouraged to make your move much faster. I know you're timezone is different than others, so you'll have to explain that, but it shouldn't be too big of an issue.

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

You'll have to wait until there's an opening in one of the on-going games. There may be an opening, so I'd post in one of on-going playtests. I know you aren't regularly in the forum, but playtesting requires making a move at least 24 hours, so you'd have to be in the forum every day. Many playtesters check into the forum every single day, so you may be encouraged to make your move much faster. I know you're timezone is different than others, so you'll have to explain that, but it shouldn't be too big of an issue.

and to add to the above @Entrecampos. Contact @ebrk85 he has openings in two playtests.

• 2 months later...

Play testers Needed-

I am the GM for the 1856 simulation.  We are now in 1870-72 and are about to go into the election cycle after we are done with legislation and foreign events. 

I need two play testers to come in and take over factions to run CPU on those factions. One Red and one Blue.

I would prefer experienced play testers who know how to run the CPU rules for a faction.  However, if you aren't experienced but are a quick learner and willing to "get into the weeds" a bit with the rules, then feel free to volunteer.

Please message me directly if you are interested and have the time.  We run through a normal two-year election cycle in about a month.  There are FOUR player factions, and the other 6 factions are CPU.  

Thanks!