The Political Lounge

CE2's 1792 Election

Who would you vote for?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for? (Select only TWO)

• President George Washington - MrPotatoHead
    • Daniel Boone - Patine
    • Vice President Thomas Jefferson - Pringles
  2. 2. Who would you vote for (Senate)?

• Federalists
    • Democratic-Republicans
  3. 3. Who would you vote for (House)?

• Federalists
    • Democratic-Republicans

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/24/2021 at 06:23 PM

2 minutes ago, Pringles said:

I only kid my friend. 🙂 I do not doubt your ability to RP whatsoever, although I must say, it is surprising to see you in one. I think it's good for you!

Roleplaying is something that I have done since I was 11. Never got good at it until I was a teen though. Crazy to think that my main RP legacy will be both Dick Cheney, and Richard Nixon! 😛 

There's also old steam RP's I did... but I usually like to forget about those in a way. Nasty environment. 

Did everyone here start so early? I’ve only become an RPer in the past few months through 270soft and now here.

Edited by Zenobiyl

1 minute ago, Zenobiyl said:

Did everyone here start so early? I’ve only become an RPer in the past few months through 270soft and now here.

I started political RPs in about 2018, so 3 years ago. I was 15 then. So not too early 😛

Just now, Patine said:

When I started RPing in 1988, only a few University nerds, military types, and early hackers were on the text only, IP numeric address-connected, dial-up-access Internet. I was NOT one of them, needless to say.

I note your inclusion of hackers. In 2013-2014 they were quite the occurrence. Eventually Steam RP's died out by around 2018-2019. The ones that exist now are among small communities and are very few in number. Perhaps for the best if I'm being honest. 😄 

7  (-1) @Pringles

10 (+1) Pringles

7 (+1) Jefferson gets a vote from @Rezi accordign to his discord statement

That means @Patine is elected President!!! Jefferson remains VP.

Please name your cabinet (State, Treasury, Defense, Att Gen) Patine

Sorry @MrPotatoTed...

• Haha 1

President Washington gracefully accepts the outcome and welcomes our new President, so as to create a long lasting precedent of peaceful transfer of power and definitely does not recommend storming the Capitol to achieve an insurrection because he is a goddamned grown up.

;c)

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

President Boone thanks all of his supporters for backing the pioneer spirit and unique nationhood and ways of frontier and free life of the United States. He also thanks President Washington for his gracious concession to the will of the voters (and knowing well the Continental Army may have actually followed him if he did decide to storm the halls of government with the precedent of the response to the Whiskey Rebellion).

The following men are being nominated for a Cabinet:

Henry Laurens will be staying on, but moved to Secretary of State where his proven skill as a diplomat can be levied.

Samuel Dexter of Massachusetts will be nominated as Secretary of the Treasury

Brigadier General George Rogers Clark, retired, will be nominated as Secretary of Defense

Morgan Lewis of New York will be nominated as Attorney-General

Hamilton prepares a campaign for president in 1796.

• Like 1

Confirmation Rolls:

All are confirmed, Mr President @Patine

Morgan Lewis had a roll of 13 and was the narrowest, as a die of 10 or lower means the nominee is rejected.

Now on to life rolls:

All people survived your term President Boone. The closest to be retired early were Vice President Jefferson (roll of 9) and Associate Justice Samuel Adams (also a 9). A roll of 5 or lower had meant a new nominee to the court.

The session is adjourned now, until 1796 😄  Please think about running for re-electing Mr. President and Vice President Jefferson @Pringles

The 1796 announcement post will be up soon and I'll tag you all. Thank you!

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

Confirmation Rolls:

All are confirmed, Mr President @Patine

Morgan Lewis had a roll of 13 and was the narrowest, as a die of 10 or lower means the nominee is rejected.

Now on to life rolls:

All people survived your term President Boone. The closest to be retired early were Vice President Jefferson (roll of 9) and Associate Justice Samuel Adams (also a 9). A roll of 5 or lower had meant a new nominee to the court.

The session is adjourned now, until 1796 😄  Please think about running for re-electing Mr. President and Vice President Jefferson @Pringles

The 1796 announcement post will be up soon and I'll tag you all. Thank you!

The hamiltonians put up a hell of a fight to keep Alexander as AG. You may rest now my babies, the real battle has yet to come...