The Political Lounge

Era of Ideologies: Playtest from 1928

10centjimmy

44 minutes ago, 10centjimmy said:

Gains in bold, flagging that you have one more inter-party conversion as one cannot convert congressional officers, in addition to President, VP, or Cabinet officials

Also, please update the kingmaker tab when you can.

Hoover will attempt to convert Kingsley Taft to his faction. (Conservative, Pliable)

In the future, you may want to wait until after Ideology Shifts to ask for conversions since a few people will likely pick up the Pliable trait during shifts.  Not really an issue this time since Hoover is the only one that can do it.

• Agree 1

RedRW

Relocations

Lorna Lockwood moves from AZ -> CT (Alt State)

Ideology Shifts

No shifts

Kingmaker

MI Senator Arthur Vandenberg takes on Charles E Wilson as Kingmaker-Protégé pairing. Wilson gains 1 leg, media, nationalist, debater

BlueRight

Relocations

No relocations

Ideology Shifts

No Shifts

Kingmaker

James S Byrnes takes on Asbury Francis Lever as Kingmaker-Protégé pairing. Lever gains 1 gov, army, nationalist, egghead

Just now, matthewyoung123 said:

Hoover will attempt to convert Kingsley Taft to his faction. (Conservative, Pliable)

In the future, you may want to wait until after Ideology Shifts to ask for conversions since a few people will likely pick up the Pliable trait during shifts.  Not really an issue this time since Hoover is the only one that can do it.

Yeah, that was my thinking too. I figured you were going to go last anyways to watch what folks were doing so no harm/no foul. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, matthewyoung123 said:

You already tried for 2 Red Team statesmen, did you mean to pick a Blue Team pol?

1 hour ago, matthewyoung123 said:

Jesus man. Stay away from my people. We will vote with the democrats so fast that Hoover's head will spin like a finely tuned vacuum cleaner.

Edited by lm1145
  • Haha 2
  • Based 1

12 minutes ago, lm1145 said:

Jesus man. Stay away from my people. We will vote with the democrats so fast that Hoover's head will spin like a finely tuned vacuum cleaner.

It's a part of the game man...chill.  And when you get a faction leader, you can attempt to convert pols from other factions too...

Edited by matthewyoung123
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

2.1.8 Faction Personalities

Wow. So there's a lot. Here we go:

Blue Party

(Ideology - SP Interests - Lobbies)

@jnewt Lib/Prog/LW Pop - Pacifists, LW Activists, Reformists - Big Agriculture, Public Housing, Labor Unions, LW Media, Welfare

@MrPotatoTed Lib - Reformists - Big Agriculture, Environmentalists, Globalists, Public Housing, Human Rights, Labor Unions, Transportation, Welfare

@Umbrella Mod - Expansionists - Public Education, Free Trade, Welfare

BlueRightCPU Cons - RW Activists - Wall Street, Law & Order, Military-Industrial, Transportation

@Largo833Trad/RW Pop - Theocrats, Nationalists, RW Activists - Private Education

Red Party

@ShortKing Lib/Prog/LW Pop - Civil Rights, Pacifists, LW Activists, Reformists - Big Agriculture, Public Healthcare, Labor Unions, LW Media, Welfare, Science 

@ebrk85 Mod - Expansionists - Big Agriculture, Wall Street, Big Oil & Gas, Globalists, Military-Industrial

@matthewyoung123 Cons - Expansionists- Big Agriculture, Big Corporations, Private Education, Big Oil & Gas, Human Rights, Military-Industrial, Free Trade, Transportation

@lm1145 Mod - Pacifists - Big Pharma, Big Tech

RedRWCPU Cons/Trad/RW Pop - Nationalist - Big Corporations, Isolationists, RW Media, Protectionist

We'll now jump into 2.2

Edited by 10centjimmy
Clarifying additional SP Interests and Lobbies
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, 10centjimmy said:

2.1.8 Faction Personalities

Wow. So there's a lot. Here we go:

Blue Party

(Ideology - SP Interests - Lobbies)

@jnewt Lib/Prog/LW Pop - Pacifists, LW Activists, Reformists - Big Agriculture, Public Housing, Labor Unions, LW Media, Welfare

@MrPotatoTed Lib - Reformists - Big Agriculture, Environmentalists, Globalists, Public Housing, Human Rights, Labor Unions, Transportation, Welfare

@Umbrella Mod - Expansionists - Public Education, Free Trade, Welfare

BlueRightCPU Cons - n/a - Wall Street, Law & Order, Military-Industrial, Transportation

@Largo833Trad/RW Pop - Theocrats, Nationalists, RW Activists - Private Education

Red Party

@ShortKing Lib/Prog/LW Pop - Civil Rights, Pacifists, LW Activists, Reformists - Big Agriculture, Public Healthcare, Labor Unions, LW Media, Welfare

@ebrk85 Mod - n/a - Big Agriculture, Wall Street, Big Oil & Gas, Globalists, Military-Industrial

@matthewyoung123 Cons - n/a - Big Agriculture, Big Corporations, Private Education, Big Oil & Gas, Human Rights, Military-Industrial, Free Trade, Transportation

@lm1145 Mod - n/a - Big Pharma, Big Tech

RedRWCPU Cons/Trad/RW Pop - Nationalist - Big Corporations, Isolationists, RW Media, Protectionist

We'll now jump into 2.2

FYI, as a GA I find this particular phase one of the most challenging to process, so kudos to Jimmy!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, matthewyoung123 said:

FYI, as a GA I find this particular phase one of the most challenging to process, so kudos to Jimmy!

Ha I actually kind of enjoy doing this section. More then some other areas. Although yes it can be tricky.

@10centjimmy just one thing and I didn't check them all so you could be right but each faction should be awarded an interest as long as they have an eligible one with 5 pols.

All factions get at least one interest – if after following the instructions above a faction is left without an interest, they will receive the eligible interest that matches the largest number of their politicians, provided that they have at least five politicians with that interest.

Edited by ebrk85
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2.2 Leaders Emerge

Congressional Leadership

Red Team - @matthewyoung123 @ebrk85 @ShortKing @lm1145

Each Faction may submit a nominee for Speaker (current Speaker is RedRW Nicholas Longworth, who does not meet all necessary requirements and from my review, no one does so anyone is eligible)

Each Faction may submit a nominee for House Majority Leader and Majority Whip (Currently @matthewyoung123 John Q Tilson and Albert Vestal, anyone may run)

Each Faction may submit a nominee for Senate Majority Leader and Majority Whip (currently @lm1145 James Eli Watson and @ebrk85 Simeon Fess, but they do not fully qualify according to the rules, in fact only @ShortKing Robert La Follette jr and William Borah, and RedRW Vandenberg have the Leadership trait, but neither have been committee chair so all Red Senators are eligible for this election)

@lm1145 George H Moses is Sen Pres Pro Temp as "longest serving Senator" (and he was the one set for the Era) so @lm1145 gets things started with 100 points!

RedRW Nominates Senator Arthur Vandenberg for Senate Majority Leader and Senate Majority Whip

RedRW nominates "Speaker" Nicholas Longworth for Speaker, House Majority Leader, and House Majority Whip

Blue Team@jnewt @Largo833 @Umbrella @MrPotatoTed

Each Faction may submit a nominee for House Minority Leader and Minority Whip (currently BlueRight John Nance Garner and John McDuffie, but anyone may run as they do not fully qualify)

Each Faction may submit a nominee for Senate Minority Leader and Minority Whip (currently @MrPotatoTed Joseph T Robinson and @Largo833 Morris Sheppard, but they do not fully qualify so all Senators are eligible)

BlueRight nominates Walter F George for Senate Minority Leader and Whip

BlueRight nominates John Nance Garner for House Minority Leader and Whip

Please have your nominees/endorsements ready by 9:30p Eastern, tomorrow! Once I see all members of a party have shared, I will process their votes first.

Flagging that you can nominate the same person for each office, but obviously, they will only be able to hold a single office following a vote.

Edited by 10centjimmy

30 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

Ha I actually kind of enjoy doing this section. More then some other areas. Although yes it can be tricky.

@10centjimmy just one thing and I didn't check them all so you could be right but each faction should be awarded an interest as long as they have an eligible one with 5 pols.

All factions get at least one interest – if after following the instructions above a faction is left without an interest, they will receive the eligible interest that matches the largest number of their politicians, provided that they have at least five politicians with that interest.

Tricky indeed, changes made above!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 10centjimmy said:

2.2 Leaders Emerge

Congressional Leadership

Red Team - @matthewyoung123 @ebrk85 @ShortKing @lm1145

Each Faction may submit a nominee for Speaker (current Speaker is RedRW Nicholas Longworth, who does not meet all necessary requirements and from my review, no one does so anyone is eligible)

Each Faction may submit a nominee for House Majority Leader and Majority Whip (Currently @matthewyoung123 John Q Tilson and Albert Vestal, anyone may run)

Will run Tilson for Majority Leader and Vestal for Majority Whip (their current positions).

In the Senate, Felix Hebert will run for Majority Leader and Francis E Warren will run for Majority Whip.