The Political Lounge

Best/Worst Presidents for Ability to Compromise

vcczar

Best/Worst Presidents for Ability to Compromise  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following presidents do you consider the best at "ability to compromise" (Top 12 from Siena poll below)

2. 2. Which of the following presidents do you consider the worst at "ability to compromise" (Bottom 12 from Siena poll below, from worst to less worse)

Biden is probably the best president for bipartisanship since Bill Clinton.

I am surprised that they had put Obama among the best for compromises because his presidency was good in liberal reforms but not through compromises with republicans obviously. Not to say he could have done compromises actually but he is not the president of bipartisan bills.

Bush senior legacy is underconsidered, he did a lot to compromise and it costed him the election in 1992 over taxs but even his Supreme Court picks were quite moderate.

Edited by Edouard
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Edouard said:

Biden is probably the best president for bipartisanship since Bill Clinton.

I would say Biden is the most devisive president since Obama. His speeches ooze hatred towards those who don't fall on his side. Don't forget what Obama said, "Never underestimate Joe's ability to &$^# things up." 😂 

• Confused 4
  • Based 1

44 minutes ago, lm1145 said:

I would say Biden is the most devisive president since Obama. His speeches ooze hatred towards those who don't fall on his side. Don't forget what Obama said, "Never underestimate Joe's ability to &$^# things up." 😂 

> Roger Stone pfp

Opinion discarded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Based 1

53 minutes ago, lm1145 said:

Devisive indeed. Quite devisive. 

1 hour ago, lm1145 said:

I must concur, Radical Liberal Joseph Biden has done more to divise this country than ever before. 

Poll: Majority of Americans Oppose Biden's Divisive 'Dark MAGA' Speech

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, The Blood said:

> Roger Stone pfp

Opinion discarded.

Haha I like yours. Morgan Wallen is my 98th favorite country singer, or is that butthead from beavis and butthead? No wait, I got it! It's Matt Gaetz 🤣🤣🤣

Attack, Attack, Attack, never defend.- Roger Stone 

6 hours ago, Cenzonico said:

I must concur, Radical Liberal Joseph Biden has done more to divise this country than ever before. 

Poll: Majority of Americans Oppose Biden's Divisive 'Dark MAGA' Speech

They really thought pushing the "Dark Brandon" thing was going to help him with younger people. That's how delusional people in D.C. are. They have no clue about the average American.

11 hours ago, lm1145 said:

That's completely inaccurate. did you hear his State of the Union speech? He only attacks the radicals, such as the insurrectionists. By comparison, Trump's speeches, as far as I remember, never focused on bipartisanship, never said anything respectful towards moderate Democrats. Biden mentions bipartisanship frequently. Most of his key legislation has been bipartisan, which is a reason he brings it up so frequently. He's certainly got hatred towards a faction of the GOP, but so does most of America. He's just reflecting the American temperament of the moment. 

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, vcczar said:

That's completely inaccurate. did you hear his State of the Union speech? He only attacks the radicals, such as the insurrectionists. By comparison, Trump's speeches, as far as I remember, never focused on bipartisanship, never said anything respectful towards moderate Democrats. Biden mentions bipartisanship frequently. Most of his key legislation has been bipartisan, which is a reason he brings it up so frequently. He's certainly got hatred towards a faction of the GOP, but so does most of America. He's just reflecting the American temperament of the moment. 

If you think January 6 was an insurrection, I don't see us having a discussion. Biden is a plagiarist and a senile old warmonger. Trump is a charlatan and a moron. They're 2 sides of the same coin.

Edited by lm1145
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, lm1145 said:

They really thought pushing the "Dark Brandon" thing was going to help him with younger people. That's how delusional people in D.C. are. They have no clue about the average American.

For what it's worth

I fucking loved and still love Dark Brandon.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Based 2

8 minutes ago, lm1145 said:

I see everyone here is a leftist. Lmao

Actually, we got quite a range of people. I think the only thing we mostly have agreement on in this forum is a general dislike of Trump. I'd say the board is probably 40% left, 30% moderate, and 30% conservative. While there are more left-wingers it isn't a majority, only a plurality. I think of the 30% conservatives, no one likes Trump, even if they prefer him over Biden. I know of only one other person here that would probably defend Jan 6th like you do. You're just an outlier, politically and as an American, especially on this forum. 

• Like 1
  • Based 1

10 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Actually, we got quite a range of people. I think the only thing we mostly have agreement on in this forum is a general dislike of Trump. I'd say the board is probably 40% left, 30% moderate, and 30% conservative. While there are more left-wingers it isn't a majority, only a plurality. I think of the 30% conservatives, no one likes Trump, even if they prefer him over Biden. I know of only one other person here that would probably defend Jan 6th like you do. You're just an outlier, politically and as an American, especially on this forum. 

I don't like Trump. And I didn't defend January 6. I said it wasn't an insurrection. Those people fell right into the trap and should have never went inside the capitol. Even if the doors were opened for them by capitol police.

Edited by lm1145
  • Confused 2

39 minutes ago, lm1145 said:

murder of Ashli Babbitt

An insurrectionist died trying to overthrow the government? I'm shocked!

January 6th was a sad day, it is known, but I'm not going to base my views on the day around the natural consequence of a mob overpowering police officers while trying to hang the Vice President and end American democracy.

• Based 3

6 minutes ago, The Blood said:

An insurrectionist died trying to overthrow the government? I'm shocked!

January 6th was a sad day, it is known, but I'm not going to base my views on the day around the natural consequence of a mob overpowering police officers while trying to hang the Vice President and end American democracy.

Whatever you say pal.

Ashli Babbitt fucked around and found out.

I have no moral qualms for telling that like it is. Just as I have no moral qualms for stating what I think should’ve happened to any insurrectionist, rioter, traitor, looter, whatever label we want to call them… I see them for what they did. 

Bust windows. Harm and kill cops. Desecrate the people’s House. Express intent to kill the Vice President and other members of the House and Senate. Wipe out democracy in a sweep…

What’s truly egregious is how the most ardent of MAGA supporters have weaponized her death and exploited her mourning family to become even more loyal and extreme to their cause.

Edited by Pringles
  • Based 3

10 minutes ago, Pringles said:

I have no moral qualms for telling that like it is. Just as I have no moral qualms for stating what I think should’ve happened to any insurrectionist, rioter, traitor, looter, whatever label we want to call them… I see them for what they did. 

Bust windows. Harm and kill cops. Desecrate the people’s House. Express intent to kill the Vice President and other members of the House and Senate. Wipe out democracy in a sweep…

What’s truly egregious is how the most ardent of MAGA supporters have weaponized her death and exploited her mourning family to become even more loyal and extreme to their cause.

I don’t agree. I don’t disagree. But I respect the hot take. 

• Based 1

26 minutes ago, Pringles said:

Ashli Babbitt was unarmed and was the only person "climbing" through a window. She could have been apprehended but was instead executed. You should probably watch the video. 

No cops were killed in the "insurrection". The only person killed was Babbitt. Did people assault police? Yes. Should they be charged with crimes for that? Yes. Did the police mercilessly beat protesters? Yes. I'm not for police brutality.

Were windows busted? I'm sure they were. Should those people be charged? Yes. Did the people desecrate "the people's house" as you call it? I'm not sure what that means. If it means vandalism, then yes I'm sure they did. Should they be charged? Yes, although you called it the people's house, so I'm not sure if vandalizing your own house is a crime but vandalizing a building belonging to the government of the United States is and should be. Anyone who threatened to harm or kill a vice president, a member of congress or anyone else should be charged. That behavior and rhetoric is disgusting. Was democracy wiped out? Not quite. Was it close to happening? Not quite. Was it an insurrection? In my opinion, not quite. 

I have serious questions about why doors were opened for protesters. Who is Ray Epps? There's a lot of things that should be addressed and looked at here instead of just swallowing a narrative. Illegal activity should be punished, but to compare it to 9-11 and say it's the darkest day in American history is a little overboard.

Edited by lm1145
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, lm1145 said:

Ashli Babbitt was unarmed and was the only person "climbing" through a window. She could have been apprehended but was instead executed. You should probably watch the video. 

I’ve seen it many times. There is a barricade with a small opening separating the very few officers on the other side. Further back you can see workers evacuating. She is warned to not climb through the gap multiple times. When she finally does the officer shoots her with his handgun. 

If she had crossed fully, the mob behind her likely would have done the same. There’s no logic as to why they wouldn’t as they would’ve seen her do it and not get shot. 

It’s pretty clear why this ordeal went down the way it did. And it is obvious to most. Even to Kevin McCarthy and others Republicans who admit it in rare moments of them taking their MAGA appeasing masks off. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1