The Political Lounge

Hypothetical AMPU Draft of Politicians Active in 1774

vcczar

Hypothetical AMPU Draft of Politicians Active in 1774  

13 members have voted

1. 1. You are playing AMPU at the 1774 start date with 7 other friends. You have the first pick. Who do you draft?

• George Washington, VA
    • John Adams, MA
    • Benjamin Franklin, PA
    • Thomas Jefferson, VA
    • John Rutledge, SC
    • John Jay, NY
    • Patrick Henry, VA
    • Robert Morris, PA
    • Samuel Adams, MA
    • John Hancock, MA
    • George Clinton, NY
    • Benedict Arnold, RI
    • John Dickinson, DE
    • Richard Henry Lee, VA
    • Benjamin Harrison V, VA
    • Roger Sherman, CT
  2. 2. Assuming you resolve the Revolutionary War, and it's almost the year 1788, does your faction intend to....

• Keep the new free and independent government under the Articles of Confederation
    • Push the country towards a US Constitution that is similar to the historical US Constitution since I want a more realistic playthrough.
    • Push the country towards a US Constitution that is future-oriented, free of slavery, and votes and rights for women, blacks, and native Americans.
    • Push the country towards a US Constitution that is more monarchial. Life terms for the President and a Parliament.
  3. 3. Who would you support in the first election for president?

• Whoever I selected in question #1
    • Whoever has George Washington (whether it is me or someone else)
    • Whoever has Benjamin Franklin (whether it is me or someone else)
    • Probably whoever my allied factions want to run.
    • Probably whoever an opposing faction/party wants to run since I expect them to fail badly and allow us to score a run of success off their failure.
  4. 4. What is your drafting strategy?

• Corner the market on politicians with Command ability so that I have more people that can run for president.
    • Corner the market on people with Governing ability + great traits so that I can control the states.
    • Corner the market on people with Legislative ability + great traits so that I can control the legislature.
    • Corner the market on people with Judicial ability + great traits so that I can control the Judiciary.
    • Corner the market on people with military ability + great traits so that I can control military matters.
    • Corner the market on people with admin ability + great traits so that I can control the cabinet.
    • Corner the market on people with the Kingmaker trait so that I can control backroom politics and form the party from behind the scenes.
    • Corner the market on people from key big states so that I can effectively control presidential elections and politics within those states.
    • Corner the market on people from small states so that I can likely control more US Senators.
    • Other

1. I'd pick Franklin just so other players can have the more long-term great players. I know I'll have fun, so I want to make sure others have the younger great players. 

2. I want to see women, black, and native american politicians be able to run for office right away.

3. I'll run Franklin.

4. I'll likely draft the politicians I like the most, regardless of ability. 

My actual first draft pick might be Alexander Hamilton.  Such a fascinating character, for both great and terrible reasons.  Can I manage his potential better than he did in real life?

As for draft strategy, it's been a while since I was a player and not just the moderator, but I think I looked for ideology and then legislative score.

2 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

My actual first draft pick might be Alexander Hamilton.  Such a fascinating character, for both great and terrible reasons.  Can I manage his potential better than he did in real life?

As for draft strategy, it's been a while since I was a player and not just the moderator, but I think I looked for ideology and then legislative score.

Hamilton would be too young to draft in 1774. He's be 19 (or 17, according to some people).

On another note, @MrPotatoTed, have you had a chance to work on the rules some more? I'm still identifying the politicians I need to add to the game based on the new start dates. I've added them all for 30 states. I have 20 states remaining. After this, I have military and cabinet people that I need to identify if they are already in the game or not. @ConservativeElector2 has been filling out all of these politicians. 

Once, you're done with the rules, we could do a 1774 playthrough, if you're up for it. Anthony is still updating PI, but I'm sure the first things he's going to need are the screens and the rules. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cenzonico said:

If I could get him some glory, Benedict Arnold sounds like a fun choice. War hero surge 😎

Yeah, there's a chance the Benedict Arnold event doesn't occur or doesn't involve him. He could end up being the ranking military officer. There's a small chance he could gain an ability via a General Event so that he can run for office, including the presidency.