The Political Lounge

"I Think Something's The Matter With Ted," - A 1772 Playthrough

6 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

We still update our own pols right, or do you edit our sheets for us, what's your style?

If I have time, I don't mind doing it myself.  I'll let you guys know if I need you to.  I've gone ahead and updated the faction leaders so far.

8 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Due to my pols, I have no eligible candidates using normal requirements, so I'm down to "just ideo".  I select George Wythe and am honored to have the legend of the original playtest as my faction leader.  We shall be known as the "American Whigs (Lib)"

Also btw Ted you're putting things on the wrong line in the sheet.

Wythe loses obscure, gains +1 Command, Puritan, Kingmaker.  Solid start for Wythe!

• Based 1

1 hour ago, Ich_bin_Tyler said:

For my faction leader I will select the most famous American in the world, Benjamin Franklin. He is my only pol without obscure and has the ideology/lobby match (leadership is waived).

We will be known as the Franklin Patriots.

Franklin gets +1 Command.

• Like 1

Okay, sheets are updated -- can somebody update history tab with our faction leaders, if it isn't done already?  Thank you!

1772 Scripted Events:

GASPEE AFFAIR:  A group of Rhode Islanders, led by Abraham Whipple and John Brown, burn down a grounded British customs ship that had been enforcing the Navigation Act. These acts and taxation are unjust but such violence will only inflame a response. I fear a military response.

@10centjimmy -50
JohnDickinsonCPU -50
PatrickHenryCPU -50

@Ich_bin_Tyler -50
GeorgeWashingtonCPU -50
JohnJayCPU -50
HenryLaurens -50

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN IS RECOGNIZED AS THE MOST FAMOUS AMERICAN:  Benjamin Franklin has long been a leading intellectual and has spent almost as much time in London and Paris as he has in Philadelphia, making Franklin the most recognized name in America. His inventions, scientific experiments, and publications have made his name immortal.

@Ich_bin_Tyler Benjamin Franklin gains celebrity.

COMMITTEES OF CORRESPONDENCE:  Samuel Adams, Joseph Warren, and Mercy Otis Warren of Massachusetts set up a Committee of Correspondence in response to the Gaspee Affair to coordinate colonial opposition to the British Parliament and advocate colonial rights. Similar committees are expected to spring up elsewhere. We can only hope that such committees will be constructive and harmonizing.

@Murrman104 and ThomasJeffersonCPU gain +50

TEA ACT:  In an effort to help the British East India Company, British Parliament has enacted a Tea Act, which is certainly going to hurt the port-city merchants in the American Colonies. Furthermore, those desiring representation in Parliament see this as yet another list of unjust taxation. This does not bode well. Parliament must be tone deaf! Taxation on Sugar, Stamps, and now tea? We don't even get a voice to object or accept this taxation!

HenryLaurenCPU, PatrickHenryCPU, GeorgeWashingtonCPU, @Ich_bin_Tyler -50

BOSTON TEA PARTY: The Sons of Liberty of Massachusetts, led by Samuel Adams, board a merchant ship and dump the entire cargo of British East India tea into Boston harbor. Such marvelous boldness! It's difficult to know if this action by the Sons of Liberty will have been reckless or righteous. We can expect consequences by His Majesty King George III and his Parliament.

@Murrman104 Sammy Adams gets celebrity and loses obscure.

@Murrman104 and ThomasJeffersonCPU +100

@10centjimmy, JohnDickinsonCPU, PatrickHenryCPU, @Ich_bin_Tyler, GeorgeWashingtonCPU, JohnJayCPU, HenryLaurensCPU -100

1 hour ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Okay, sheets are updated -- can somebody update history tab with our faction leaders, if it isn't done already?  Thank you!

1772 Scripted Events:

GASPEE AFFAIR:  A group of Rhode Islanders, led by Abraham Whipple and John Brown, burn down a grounded British customs ship that had been enforcing the Navigation Act. These acts and taxation are unjust but such violence will only inflame a response. I fear a military response.

@10centjimmy -50
JohnDickinsonCPU -50
PatrickHenryCPU -50

@Ich_bin_Tyler -50
GeorgeWashingtonCPU -50
JohnJayCPU -50
HenryLaurens -50

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN IS RECOGNIZED AS THE MOST FAMOUS AMERICAN:  Benjamin Franklin has long been a leading intellectual and has spent almost as much time in London and Paris as he has in Philadelphia, making Franklin the most recognized name in America. His inventions, scientific experiments, and publications have made his name immortal.

@Ich_bin_Tyler Benjamin Franklin gains celebrity.

COMMITTEES OF CORRESPONDENCE:  Samuel Adams, Joseph Warren, and Mercy Otis Warren of Massachusetts set up a Committee of Correspondence in response to the Gaspee Affair to coordinate colonial opposition to the British Parliament and advocate colonial rights. Similar committees are expected to spring up elsewhere. We can only hope that such committees will be constructive and harmonizing.

@Murrman104 and ThomasJeffersonCPU gain +50

TEA ACT:  In an effort to help the British East India Company, British Parliament has enacted a Tea Act, which is certainly going to hurt the port-city merchants in the American Colonies. Furthermore, those desiring representation in Parliament see this as yet another list of unjust taxation. This does not bode well. Parliament must be tone deaf! Taxation on Sugar, Stamps, and now tea? We don't even get a voice to object or accept this taxation!

HenryLaurenCPU, PatrickHenryCPU, GeorgeWashingtonCPU, @Ich_bin_Tyler -50

BOSTON TEA PARTY: The Sons of Liberty of Massachusetts, led by Samuel Adams, board a merchant ship and dump the entire cargo of British East India tea into Boston harbor. Such marvelous boldness! It's difficult to know if this action by the Sons of Liberty will have been reckless or righteous. We can expect consequences by His Majesty King George III and his Parliament.

@Murrman104 Sammy Adams gets celebrity and loses obscure.

@Murrman104 and ThomasJeffersonCPU +100

@10centjimmy, JohnDickinsonCPU, PatrickHenryCPU, @Ich_bin_Tyler, GeorgeWashingtonCPU, JohnJayCPU, HenryLaurensCPU -100

Might be my unfamiliarity with this layout of the history tab, but I don't see room for the faction leaders, just party leaders.

• Like 1

Murrman Moves

Thomas Paine moves from PA to alt State NY
George Bryan from Overcrowded PA to DE
John Smilie from Overcrowded PA to RI

Samuel Adams' Leadership trait allows him to take on another Protege and he chooses James Warren

Hancock PatriotsCPU

Rolls to Move Daniel Hiester from PA to alt State MD

Conservative PatriotsCPU

While they have a newly of age Kingmaker they lack the matching Ideology to take anyone on right now
Traditional PatriotsCPU

-

None of the CPU rolled to Shift Ideology (20% chance each).  While The only people with pliable to have a chance to be converted were all faction leaders and thus immune (Sam Adams and John Hancock) 

Edited by Murrman104
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

I think everything else actually gets skipped during this first round, so we're now in 1774!

@Murrman104 @Ich_bin_Tyler @10centjimmy @OrangeP47:  Time for relocations, ideology shifts, politician conversions, and kingmaker/proteges.  Let me know what the CPU teams are planning to do as well. Thanks!

I need you to roll for flip flopper removal first I think.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Murrman104 said:

Murrman Moves

Thomas Paine moves from PA to alt State NY
George Bryan from Overcrowded PA to DE
John Smilie from Overcrowded PA to RI

Samuel Adams' Leadership trait allows him to take on another Protege and he chooses James Warren

Hancock PatriotsCPU

Rolls to Move Daniel Hiester from PA to alt State MD

Conservative PatriotsCPU

While they have a newly of age Kingmaker they lack the matching Ideology to take anyone on right now
Traditional PatriotsCPU

-

None of the CPU rolled to Shift Ideology (20% chance each).  While The only people with pliable to have a chance to be converted were all faction leaders and thus immune (Sam Adams and John Hancock) 

@Murrman104 Both moves fail (other than Paine).  Paine gains carpet-bagger.

Warren gains +1 Legislative, Reformist, Cosmopolitan.   (Also, I just noticed Sammy Adams somehow has cosmopolitan and provincial, even though you can only have one. I removed his provincial.)

Hiester failed his move.

Orange

Shifts

Charles Willson Peale,  Daniel of St. Thomas Jenifer,  Robert Treat Paine all Lib -> Prog

No Moves

Kingmaker  George Wythe takes  Arthur Lee under his wing

AI Moves

NOW John JayAI has  Samuel Huntington take  Jonathan Trumbull Jr under his wing

Henry LaurensAI attempts to move  Robert Morris from overpop PA to underpop GA

No other moves