The Political Lounge

The Newest World - Humanity Colonizes the Final Frontier

WVProgressive

The year is 2168, and the last remnants of wild nature have been swallowed up by the ever expanding cityscapes. Everywhere around the word trees, bushes, and grass have been replaced by apartments, factories, and offices. The destruction of nature, and the ensuing ecological catastrophe. also brought with it the collapse of the nation state, and a state of perpetual strife.

No longer are wars fought between differing national groups on ideological bases, instead their fought by AI Robo-soldiers, carrying mass-produced weapons, and using mass produced gear, fight against other AI Robo-soldiers, carrying mass-produced weapons, and using mass produced gear. War, has become a routine series of endless proxy battles, between AI, and the companies that control them.

The entirety of human life has become routine, a persons entire life is determined even before their born, genetic testing able to determine their most efficient course in life, and genetic modification of fetuses is rampant, less than 20% of babies are born with a completely natural genotype, some are so modified that they're barely any different from an adopted child.

Corporate control of society makes change, or even resistance near impossible. Phony companies pushing nearly identical products give citizens the illusion of choice in commerce, just as two phony parties give voters the illusion of choice in politics. Information, genetics, commerce, politics, even emotions, are all under control by the mega-corporations that have replaced the nation state as the primary world powers. Everywhere on Earth, a man's life is laid before him, and he is not even given a inkling of liberty, let alone freedom. The frontier, and its promise of limitless potential, and freedom, is dead...

Or is it? After the last remaining freshwater deposit was declared dry in 2160, the mega-corporations have realized humanities time on Earth is drawing to a close, and have looked to space colonization as an answer. You are one of 500 colonists sponsored by the Cameriga  Corporation to colonize the planet called Osus, aboard the CCCS Morpheus. You are finally arriving at your destination after 5 years in hyper sleep, narrowly beating the rival colony ship the Bluetick chartered by the Genida Corporation.

Now it is the final descent, and the long, and difficult process of building a sustainable colony on a different planet will begin shortly. What will become of you in the new world? Will you rise to fame as a loyal company man? Gain infamy for bucking the established order? Or perhaps you will fail, and your name will forever be forgotten to the dustbin of history. But, first thing first... 

Who Are You? (Please create a character using the below template)

Name:

Sex: M/F/Other

Short Physical Description:

Attributes (Scale of 1-10. Base of 5 points each, with 5 points to spend. You are allowed to decrease certain skills in order to increase other skills.):

Intelligence: 5

Martial: 5

Stewardship: 5

Luck: 5

Guile: 5

Charisma: 5

Skills go from 1-100, skill points are determined by attributes, plus a pool of 50 more that you can spend during character creation. Every skill starts at 25, and you may reduce the number of points in one skill to garner more pool points. Each skill has an associated attribute that increases it, or decreases it by five, determined by the letter in paranthesis, next to the skill name. Finally, you may tag a skill as a focus, giving it an additional 15 points):

Business (25/S)

Proficiency at running a successful business

Animal Handling (25/C)

Proficiency in taming, and caring for animals

Big Guns (25/M)

Proficiency at using unorthodox weaponry

Humanities (25/I)

Proficiency at knowing the social sciences

Energy Weapons (25/M)

Proficiency at using energy-based weapons

Occult (25/I)

Proficiency in the area of occult, and esoteric study

Explosives (25/M)

Proficiency at using explosives

Technical (25/I)

Proficiency at operating specialized technology

Survival (25/G)

Proficiency at caring for one’s self outside of civilized society

Propaganda (25/G)

Proficiency at impersonally swaying groups of people

Medicine (25/I)

Proficiency at treating injury, and affliction

Interrogation (25/M)

Proficiency at questioning, and manipulating a prisoner

Mele(25/M)

Proficiency at fighting unarmed, or with melee weapons

Weird Science (25/I)

Proficiency at developing new, and outlandish breakthroughs in science

Repair (25/I)

Proficiency at repairing items

Magnetism (25/C)

Proficiency at drawing people’s attention

Natural Science (25/I)

Proficiency at knowing the natural sciences

Crafting (25/S)

Proficiency at turning raw materials into finished goods.

Guns (25/M)

Proficiency at using conventional firearms

Legal (25/I)

Proficiency at knowing the law, and its uses

Skullduggery (25/G)

Proficiency at committing underhanded acts, and getting away with it

Oratory (25/C)

Proficiency at speaking publicly

Social (25/C)

Proficiency at navigating social situations

Administration (25/S)

Proficiency at running an organization efficiently

Strategy (25/M)

Proficiency at outmaneuvering the enemy in a military context

Leadership (25/S)

Proficiency at inspiring, and coordinating a group towards a common goal

Backstory: (Why Are You Here? What Did You Do Before You Came Here? Do You Have Any Connections? Why Do You Have The Skill-set That You Do?)

(OOC: This is the first RP I'm running using my new system, so constructive feedback is highly welcome, as that is the only way for me to work out the kinks, and improve this thing.)

• Like 1

Godwin “Ironeyes” Godwinson

Male

6ft Caucasian male (Norwegian to be specific). Mid 50s with greying hair and missing a few teeth. Has two bionic eyes due to an “accident” he refuses to bring up. Quite strong, but slow and clumsy.

Intelligence: 5

Martial: 10 (This is a given for a neo-viking)

Stewardship: 1 (Steward? Is that some kind of weapon?)

Luck: 9 (Beware an old man in a profession where men die young)

Guile: 9 (Excellent liar)

Charisma: 1 (Old, intimidating, unkempt, and missing teeth. It’s like he’s trying to scare people away, which he often is.)

Business: 50 (A lifetime of smuggling and selling stolen goods on the black market has given him a decent grasp of how to get a good deal.)

Big Guns: 1 (What’s a gun?)

Energy Weapons 1 (Energy what now?)

Explosives 10 (has never used one, but it’s a simple concept to grasp)

Survival 90 (Is perfectly able to thrive off the land without any of the fancy gadgets modern people use.)

Medicine 1 (Has no understanding of modern medicine.)

Melee 90 (Is nearly unparalleled in single combat, especially due to his willingness to fight dirty.)

Repair 25 (Is decent at it)

Natural Science 20 (Knows some basic potions)

Guns 1 (What’s a gun?)

Skullduggery 100 (This guy lives for doing shitty things, and has been doing it his whole life.)

Social 5 (Gruff and unfriendly.)

Strategy 25 (Not terrible at it, but lacks any refinement)

Animal Handling 5 (Life in the frozen north doesn’t give one regular contact with many animals)

Humanities 1 (Social science? Is that some kind of joke?)

Occult 20 (This guy is way too cynical to buy into occult stuff. However, the circumstances of his arrival in the future give him an openness to learning more.) 

Technical 5 (Only the most rudimentary technology, like pre-industrial tech, is accessible to this guy.)

Propaganda 50 (He knows what people want, and how to give it to them. Morality be damned.)

Interrogation 100 (Don’t EVER ask what he does to captives behind closed doors.)

Weird Science 1 (Science isn’t this guy’s forte)

Magnetism 1 (This guy is legitimately repulsive)

Crafting 1 (This guy only knows how to steal and haggle for things, not make them himself)

Legal 1 (You really think this kind of guy gives a shit about laws?)

Oratory 25 (He can rally the common masses, but most rational people won’t be swayed.)

Administration 25 (He has experience running small raiding operations and dividing loot up, so he isn’t that bad.)

[FOCUS] Leadership 20 (He’s not totally awful, but his repulsive nature makes it hard for men to follow him out of respect. Most need some money or other goods in return first. Without much of his crew Godwin is focusing extra hard on learning to win over followers, so he can form a new criminal syndicate of his own.)

Godwin Godwinson is from the 9th century in Norway. He spent his days looting churches, when one day a stolen artifact somehow transported him into the future. He spent the next decade becoming a master of the criminal underworld, and became quite rich to boot. Sadly, the people finally got tired of his antics and the cops nailed him on a criminal charge. Facing a lifetime behind bars Godwin used his skills and resources to hitch a ride on the spaceship, smuggling himself on as the 501st passenger. Now, he will be free of the law and able to do whatever the hell he wants. Godwin has connections to the criminal underworld, and these contacts can certainly help smuggles goods or even hitch a ride with him on some of the later colony ships.

Edited by Zenobiyl
  • Like 1

Who Are You? (Please create a character using the below template)

Name: Richard Cheney 

Sex: Male 

Short Physical Description: 5,10.  Average physique. 

Attributes (Scale of 1-10. Base of 5 points each, with 5 points to spend. You are allowed to decrease certain skills in order to increase other skills.):

Intelligence: 7

Martial: 6

Stewardship: 5

Luck: 6

Guile: 8

Charisma: 3

---

Business (35/S)

Animal Handling (5/C)

Big Guns (30/M)

Humanities (15/I)

Energy Weapons (35/M)

Occult (5/I)

Explosives (35/M)

Technical (25/I)

Survival (25/G)

Propaganda (50/G)

Medicine (20/I)

Interrogation (35/M)

Melee (25/M)

Weird Science (5/I)

Repair (25/I)

Magnetism (35/C)

Natural Science (15/I)

Crafting (5/S)

Guns (40/M)

Legal (25/I)

Skullduggery (60/G)

Oratory (25/C)

Social (25/C)

Administration (35/S)

Strategy (25/M)

Leadership (30/S)

Focus on Skullduggery.

Backstory: It's Dick Fucking Cheney. What do you think. 😛 

• Like 1

Name: Joshua "Josh" Macintyre

Sex: Male

Description: 5'8, mainly lanky (some muscle is there), Dixie white male. Commonly called "Butterfingers" due to his clumsiness. 

Intelligence: 1

Martial: 1

Stewardship: 10

Luck: 3

Guile: 10

Charisma: 9

Attributes: 

All weapon attributes, all science attributes, legal, repair, technical, occult, strategy = 1

[Focus] Melee = 15

Skullduggery = 70

Social = 75

Animal Handling = 10

Propaganda = 65

Interrogation = 5

Magnetism = 90

Oratory = 30

Administration = 15

Leadership = 2

Josh by all means was never a popular guy, but boy does he know how to pull in a crowd. By that I mean getting into fights, but he knew how to push peoples buttons. In and out of Juvenile during his school years, he dropped out of High School and decided to become a loanshark. He was very successful at his job, but had a bit too many close-calls with the police (his very low intelligence didn't help either). So his "associates", not wanting to blow cover have "secured" him a place on this supposed space shuttle to "give him a vacation." Joshua knows no better, so he see this as just a break from his life of crime and doesn't actually know where he is going. But no fear, cause Joshua will make the most of it! He just knows it!

"May god help that bastard's soul..."

• Like 1

Name: Joel Wilkers

Sex: M

Short Physical Description: 6'1, white, brown hair, green eyes, scar over the right eye.

Intelligence: 9

Martial: 4

Stewardship: 3

Luck: 4

Charisma: 7

[FOCUS] Business: 85 

Big Guns: 10

Energy Weapons: 10

Explosives:15

Survival: 20

Medicine: 10

Melee: 20

Repair: 25 

Natural Science: 15

Guns: 20

Skullduggery: 25

Social: 20

Strategy: 70

Animal Handling: 20

Humanities: 10

Occult: 10

Technical: 20

Propaganda: 45

Interrogation: 30

Weird Science: 35 

Magnetism: 20

Crafting: 30

Legal: 10

Oratory: 40

Administration: 30

Leadership: 45

Backstory: Joel is quite the interesting fellow. Born to a as nice a life as one could get in this world, he would be one to cast away the chance at success as one would call it normally. He was extremely bright, yet he cared not for education. He took advantage of his privileged upbringing, becoming a crafty businessman from a young age. He knew how to work people and how to get what he wanted. Despite all the odds, he would go toe to toe with the multi-national corporations whose influence on society was unparalleled by any other power in history. This, of course, made him quite the public enemy. Joel became part of a vast underground to the dystopia, as quite a beloved figure among those who sought to rebel against the world. Despite multiple attempts on his life and a world out to get him, he managed to survive using his wits. charm, and intelligence to get ahead of those who sought to destroy him. It would make little sense for Joel to be part of an expedition by the very Corporations which he fought, or so it would seem. He thought it was all a sham, a ploy. However, many of his friends in the underground were able to get him onboard. by convincing the Cameriga Corporation that they needed such a man, one who would never let a rival win. And so he set sail, rather begrudgingly, hoping that maybe he could shape this new world for the better.

8 hours ago, Patine said:

Reminds me of Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, probably, in my opinion, the third greatest nation building strategy game I've played (next to Civ2 and Age of Empires 2 - none of which are even on the polls for, "what's your favourite strategy game," on this or back on 270soft - because their skyrocketing sales, brand recognition, and genre-defining, pioneering qualities mean, 'no one will have heard of them anyways and they'll always be niche - but EVERONE far prefers Paradox Games anyways, and that can just be assumed..." 😬

You may like this RP Pat, are you planning on joining? I understand if you can't commit, but I'd love t have you. You have until Saturday to make a decision, so don't feel like you have to rush to a decision before you are ready.

Reminder to everyone who wants to, to get their characters submitted today. I'll post the first mission around 5PM today, so you still have around four, and a half hours left. I'll also try my best to integrate players who want to join mid-campaign, if you want to wait a bit before committing to another rp.

Edited by WVProgressive

Name: Kieran Poole

Sex: M

Short Physical Description: 6'0", Tan, Dark hair, lanky build, brown eyes

Intelligence: 4

Martial: 6

Stewardship: 7

Luck: 7

Charisma: 3

Skills go from 1-100, skill points are determined by attributes, plus a pool of 50 more that you can spend during character creation. Every skill starts at 25, and you may reduce the number of points in one skill to garner more pool points. Each skill has an associated attribute that increases it, or decreases it by five, determined by the letter in paranthesis, next to the skill name. Finally, you may tag a skill as a focus, giving it an additional 15 points):

Business (40/S)

Animal Handling (50/C)

Big Guns (30/M)

Humanities (20/I)

Energy Weapons (35/M)

**FOCUS** Occult (45/I)

Explosives (15/M)

Technical (10/I)

Survival (40/G)

Propaganda (30/G)

Medicine (30/I)

Interrogation (30/M)

Melee (40/M)

Weird Science (20/I)

Repair (5/I)

Magnetism (15/C)

Natural Science (20/I)

Crafting (45/S)

Guns (30/M)

Legal (15/I)

Skullduggery (30/G)

Oratory (5/C)

Social (15/C)

Administration (25/S)

Strategy (30/M)

Leadership (45/S)

@Hestia@Pringles @Rezi @Zenobiyl @Cenzonico

The Morpheus lands on the landing site that would soon become the first human colony on an extraterrestrial planet. From the windows you can see that the ground outside is a lush green clearing, boxed in by large, purple leaved trees to the South, and East, and bordered by a large river cutting through the land to the west of you. To the north, behind the tall grasslands you can see snow capped mountains in the far distance. You, and the other citizens wait in anticipation for the doors to open, but before that happens, a dinging sound is played. The sound draws your attention to the automated PA system aboard the ship, where a feminine, robotic voice begins speaking.

Congratulations loyal Comerigans! You have all survived the trip to the planet of Osus, and will now be given the dangerous, and heroic task of spreading human civilization to this new world. I am the Comeriga Corporation's Automated Management Operating System, and I’ll be your primary connection to our charter company until we can establish reliable communication back to Earth. You are all likely excited to get to work, but first, we need to establish a provisional government to manage the colony while you take the time to write a proper constitution. Please follow the Comeriga Approved Provisional Government Structure that I have given you, and remember, the guidance of the Shareholders is the only thing keeping us from barbarism.”

Arc 001: Establishment

Mission 001: Forming A Government

Objective: Form a provisional government to govern the colony until a proper constitution can be written.

Provisional Government Structure:

Mayor:

City Council:

Seat 1:

Seat 2:

Seat 3:

Seat 4:

Seat 5:

Sheriff:

Commander of the Colony Militia:

High Judge:

Director of Employment:

Head of Religious Affairs:

Head of Technological & Scientific Affairs:

(Simply copy, and paste this, filling out who you think should occupy each position. After we have everyone's responses I'll roll to see how the rest of the colony population votes. If you'd like to join, but have not done so yet simply make a character, and at me in a post, so that I know to include you in the next mission. You may only nominate a person for one position, and a city council seat. For example, you can nominate someone for High Judge, and City Council, but you can't nominate them for Sheriff, and Mayor)

Edited by WVProgressive

2 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

@Hestia@Pringles @Rezi @Zenobiyl @Cenzonico

The Morpheus lands on the landing site that would soon become the first human colony on an extraterrestrial planet. From the windows you can see that the ground outside is a lush green clearing, boxed in by large, purple leaved trees to the South, and East, and bordered by a large river cutting through the and to the west of you. To the north behind the tall grasslands you can see snow capped mountains in the far distance. You, and the other citizens wait in anticipation for the opening of the doors, but before that happens, a dinging sound is played. The sound draws your attention to the automated PA system aboard the ship, where a feminine, robotic voice begins speaking.

Congratulations loyal Comerigans! You have all survived the trip to the planet of Osus, and will now be given the dangerous, and heroic task of spreading human civilization to this new world. I am the Comeriga Corporation's Automated Management Operating System, and I’ll be your primary connection to our charter company until we can establish reliable communication back to Earth. You are all likely excited to get to work, but first, we need to establish a provisional government to manage the colony while you take the time to write a proper constitution. Please follow the Comeriga Approved Provisional Government Structure that I have given you, and remember, the guidance of the Shareholders is the only thing keeping us from barbarism.”

Mission 001: Forming A Government

Objective: Form a provisional government to govern the colony until a proper constitution can be written.

Mayor:

City Council:

Seat 1:

Seat 2:

Seat 3:

Seat 4:

Seat 5:

Sheriff:

Commander of the Colony Militia:

High Judge:

Director of Employment:

(Simply copy, and paste this, filling out who you think should occupy each position. After we have everyone's responses I'll roll to see how the rest of the colony population votes. If you'd like to join, but have not done so yet simply make a character, and at me in a post, so that I know to include you in the next mission.)

My head canon is the PA is voiced like GLADOS

• Like 1

Provisional Government Structure:

Mayor: [Josh McIntyre] (The perfect choice. He’s just as corrupt and shitty as Godwinson, but also has the looks and charms to fool the stupid passengers into electing him.)

City Council: [Lakceys] (Godwinson will back his lackeys, most of whom snuck on the ship with him or came shortly after.)

Seat 1: [Gerion Grutnick] (Lackey 1)

Seat 2:  [Boris Brundlewid] (Lackey 2)

Seat 3: [Nell Noggart] (Lackey 3)

Seat 4: [Hgrit Ossart] (Lackey 4)

Seat 5: [Nor-delaco Dinesh] (Lackey 5. This particular lackey is a government informant, but Godwinson isn’t aware of this fact yet.)

Sheriff: [Grunt Narvick] (This mysterious fellow kinda just popped up one day. He’s strangely knowledgeable about laws, but not much else is known about him. Could he be a lackey of Godwin’s?)

Commander of the Colony Militia: [Godwin Godwinson] (Godwin declares that the position should go to the man strong enough to take it, and challenges anyone to fight him for the position.)

High Judge: [None] (Godwinson will join the other crooks in trying to convince the people to hold off on electing a judge until a legal constitution can be written. Naturally Godwinson doesnt care about a constitution, but instead wants the position to remain vacant long enough for his criminal friends to arrive.

Director of Employment: [Joel Wilkers] (The only truly qualified candidate. Godwinson also assumes he can be bought, but can he?)

Head of Religious Affairs: Richard Cheney (Godwin senses that Cheney shares his knack for skullduggery, and believes giving him power over the faithful flock will make them both rich and influential.)

Head of Technological & Scientific Affairs: [Kieran Poole] (Godwinson likes Poole’s occult knowledge, and will support him to hopefully gather more intel on the occult.)

• Like 1

Mayor: Josh Macintyre

City Council:

Seat 1: Malcolm Watkins

Seat 2: Lindsey Graham III

Seat 3: Richard Nixon V

Seat 4: George Bush V

Seat 5: Brett Bolton (rando I made up)

Sheriff: Joe Arpaio III (Seems like a good Sheriff back on Earth...)

Commander of the Colony Militia: Donald Rumsfeld (wonder who that is)

High Judge: Richard Cheney (I am the law. 😛)

Director of Employment: Joel Wilkers

Head of Religious Affairs: Godwin Godwinson

Head of Technological & Scientific Affairs: Kieran Poole

• Like 1

Josh is a bit stumped..., but manages anyway. 

Mayor: Josh Macintyre (I'm not very smart 😞 But people seem to listen to me when I speak anyway!)

The City Council: (Josh selects random people that came on the ship because he doesn't know any better.) 

Seat 1: Preston Gravy 

Seat 2: Jonah Hill

Seat 3: Berry Silverwater 

Seat 4: Clinton Westwood 

Seat 5: Jebediah Shrub

Sheriff: Axel Rod (He said he was more than qualified to be a sheriff.)

Commander of the Colony Militia: Godwin Godwinson (Due to his multiple fights and field of work, Josh knows what a scary motherfucker looks like. Godwin just so happens to fit that bill.)

High Judge: Richard Cheney (He looks smart when it comes to this legal stuff.)

Director of Employment: Joel Wilkers (Josh admittedly wouldn't mind this role, but Joel fits the bill.)

Head of Religious Affairs: Jessica "Graham" Cracker (Was next to me on the ship, tried to push something called Mormonism or whatever. Talked about some Zion place a lot too. Seems like she knows her stuff.)

Head of Technological & Scientific Affairs: Kieran Poole (Like others, seems smart enough to assume the role.)

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 4:53 PM, WVProgressive said:

Mayor: Josh McIntyre

City Council: (selects good friends and lackeys of Kieran 😛

Seat 1: Cheyenne Poole (a sister and also very fitting for the job...definitely)

Seat 2: Florian De Bouff (a good friend and also very...qualified)

Seat 3: Beau Devereaux (French names!!)

Seat 4: Danielle Castor (Friends, friends and more friends)

Seat 5: Joshua Jennings (Isn't Joshua better than Josh? We think so.) 

Sheriff: Esmee Sky (Her name is cool!)

Commander of the Colony Militia: Tavia Jade (again, cool name, and we need someone we can *trust* leading the Militia!) 

High Judge: Richard Cheney (The man is weird, but sure?) 

Director of Employment: Joel Wilkers (Sure, we gotta be nice)

Head of Religious Affairs: Godwin Godwinson (He's an...interesting man)

Head of Technological & Scientific Affairs: Kieran Poole!!! Look it's me! 

1 minute ago, Patine said:

"And in the square, the children screamed,

the lovers weeped, and the poets dreams,

but not a word was spoken,

the church bells were all broken,"

"And the three men I admire most

The Father, Son and the Holy Ghost

They caught the last train for the coast

The day the music died"

😛 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

I mostly quoted those lyrics because @Zenobiyl made a blank post quoting a blank quote by @Hestia. I could have just as easily quoted, "the Sound of Silence."

I noticed, but I just caught on and had to reply with the lyrics. Because American Pie is a good song 😄 

Just now, Patine said:

It is. And, the original Don McLean version, not the Madonna one where she cuts more than half the song off.

Madonna sang a version of American Pie? Sounds cringe. I don't like Madonna anyways. 😛 

Mayor: [None] (There is no person here that Joel trusts to be mayor, and chooses to focus on results rather than promises.)c

City Council:

Seat 1: Lo Ahti

Seat 2: Vladana Arnold

Seat 3: Sanjay Aparna

Seat 4: Morna Shukri

Seat 5: Galal Priscilla

Sheriff: Josh Macintyre (Seems like someone with a similar view to the law as Joel).

Commander of the Colony Militia: Godwin Godwinson (Fighter).

High Judge: Paul Wilson (Random Joel met on the trip here, seems like a level-headed guy.)

Director of Employment: Joel Wilkers (Since everyone else is jumping on this train)

Head of Religious Affairs: Richard Cheney (Keep him away from anything important).

Head of Technological & Scientific Affairs: Kieran Poole (Most qualified)

Mayor:

Mr. Josh McIntyre (Z, P, C, H)

City Council:

Seat 1:

Gerion Grutnick (Z) 9

Malcolm Watkins (P) 8

Preston Gravy (Cen) 17

Cheyenne Poole (H) 3

Lo Ahti (R) 10

Seat 2:

Boris Brundlewid (Z) 20

Vladana Arnold (R) 4

Lindsey Graham III (P) 3

Jonah Hill (C) 11

Florian De Bouff (H) 10

Seat 3:

Neil Noggart (Z) 12

Sanjay Aparna (R) 17

Richard Nixon V (P) 19

Berry Silverwater (C) 2

Beau Devereaux (H) 16

Seat 4:

Hgrit Ossart (Z) 5

Morna Shukri (R) 19 Recount: 18

George Bush V (P) 19 Recount: 15

Clinton Westwood (C) 12

Danielle Castor (H) 2

Seat 5:

Nor-delaco Dinesh (Z) 4

Galal Priscilla (R) 7

Brett Bolton (P) 12

Jeb Shrub (C) 8

Joshua Jennings (H) 8

Sheriff:

Josh Macintyre (R) 2

Grunt Narvick (Z) 7

Joe Arpio III (P) 2

Axel Rod (C) 15

Esmee Sky (H) 16

Commander of Colony Militia:

Godwin Godwinson (R, Z, C) 5

Donald Rumsfeld (P) 6

Tavia Jade (H) 7

High Judge:

Paul Wilson (R) 5

Dick Cheney (P, C, H) 15

NOTA (Z) 4

Director of Employment:

Joel Wilkers (R, Z, P, C, H)

Dick Cheney (R, Z,) 12

Godwin Godwinson (P, H) 10

Jessica Cracker (C) 14

Keiran Poole (R, Z, P, C, H)

Positions Held Post Elections

Cen: 3

Pringles: 3

Zen: 1

Hestia: 3

Rezi: 2

@Cenzonico @Pringles @Hestia @Rezi @Zenobiyl

Please Wait, while I write up the next mission.

The doors of the Morpheus opens, and the mass of colonists surge out the door. Even you run out the door in excitement, the sunlight stinging your eyes when you reach the grass. The warmth on your face, the grass under your feet, the feeling of fresh air in your lungs. It all adds to the sensation that no human had experienced for generations. The sensation of being out in the wild nature. You aren't allowed to appreciate the moment however, as your position as a leader among the colonists puts upon you a large responsibility. Each office is now faced with a decision which will have critical repercussions throughout the colony, and help determine the initial course of the colony.

Mission 002: Decisions, Decisions

Objective: See Below

@CenzonicoMayor: Mr. McIntyre, congratulations on your unanimous election to Provisional Mayor! However, the office isn’t all parades, and kissing babies, the people of the Osus colony are looking to you for guidance. Specifically, they want you to think of a name for the new colony, because they don’t want to keep calling themselves the Osus Colony forever.

@HestiaSheriff: Sheriff Sky, congratulations! Your primary responsibility is to crush political dissent to the established order, and ensure the supremacy of the Cameriga Corporation within the colony. Other than that you have a rather large amount of liberty in choosing how to enforce the law… as well as the laws you enforce. What wil be your initial approach to law enforcement, Ms. Sheriff?

@HestiaCommander of the Colony Militia: Ave Commander Jade! Your primary responsibility is to defend the colony, and eliminate any outside threats, whether they be from native populations, or rival corporate colonies. Currently we have no known outside enemies, so what would you have us do? Should we explore the territory, stand guard at the borders of the colony, or do something else?

@PringlesHigh Judge: Justice Cheney, congratulations! As the highest, and only, judge in the colony, you have a high workload of cases coming in, and can only hear the most pressing or interesting ones. You can, if you want to, appoint some trusted colonists to be your clerks, who will settle disputes that aren't important enough for you to hear. If you decide to do this you should also supply a general guideline for how to interpret the laws to you clerks.

@ReziDirector of Employment: Mr. Wilkers, you hold one of the most powerful positions in the young colony, and control the allocation of manpower. The colony is currently totally undeveloped. Where would you like to focus our manpower first? Should we focus on readying some farmland in preparation for the depletion of our prepared foodstuffs? Or on building walls to defend from possible native attacks? Or on building houses for our workers so we can move off the ship? Or should we focus on something else entirely? Of course, all of these projects will need to be completed eventually, but you can still influence the colony by determining which project is the most important to focus on. So, what say you?

@CenzonicoHead of Religious Affairs: Shareholders be praised Minister Cracker! Religion may not be as important these days as it was a century ago, but that does not mean it has lost its use as a means to control others, and further your own power. What will your initial religious policy be? Will it be pluralism, or will you attempt to assert dominance for one religion over another?

@HestiaHead of Technological & Scientific Affairs: Nice work on being unanimously selected the inaugural HoTASA, or if you prefer, the inaugural TASAH. Now you must choose what our best, and brightest minds should focus their research on. There's a lot of things we still don't know, about both this planet, and about our wider universe, but your leadership may help us know a little bit more.

• Like 3