The Political Lounge

1868: The Gilded Age Playtest

26 minutes ago, pman said:

I am curious what the thought process was with ending it after 20 years? I know you couldn't have had it gone on forever without major consequences but I do wonder how long it could have lasted. 

I think the 20 years is there to prevent a one party state but I think it would be that the Democrats didn't get a president till 1884 and it gives the 20 year time frame where the Republicans ran America with little to no opposition.

• Based 2

Just now, Bushwa777 said:

Ok all, with erics help we got sheet ready and you should have sheet tonight and we can start tomorrow.  I need to make sure all are ready so please post below if you still want to play 

@Imperator Taco Cat, @pman, @DJBillyShakes, @dkh64, @Umbrella, @Bloot911, @EYates, @Blockmon

Wilterscout has already said yes

I can still play

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

Ok all, with erics help we got sheet ready and you should have sheet tonight and we can start tomorrow.  I need to make sure all are ready so please post below if you still want to play 

@Imperator Taco Cat, @pman, @DJBillyShakes, @dkh64, @Umbrella, @Bloot911, @EYates, @Blockmon

I'm ready!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

Ready.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

ready

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

Ready and willing

• Like 1

@Imperator Taco Cat,, @pman, @DJBillyShakes, @dkh64, @Umbrella, @EYates, @Bloot911, @Blockmon, @Willthescout7 

Ok I just shared the spreadsheet with all of you.  You will find on inspection that Eric and I have randomly taken 3 people from each faction over the last 20 years which we have not played and put them on career track.  You can remove them when we get to that part.  We will start this afternoon!  Love playing with all of you! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Imperator Taco Cat said:

In the cards held tab we all have the same amount of human rights as law and order, also the card holders don't quite add up for these two.

upon further inspection it would seem both are checking the faction's Justice stat.

So do you need this looked at still?  I did not set that up. @ebrk85 was helping me a lot.  Let me know and we can check it out

55 minutes ago, Imperator Taco Cat said:

it's not an emergency, but still this doesn't add up:

2023-03-26.png.33b5f9b5122f10c50b5f8a93d871a2ad.png

It is correct they both are assigned off of Justice exp. There are other examples of this. Public and a Private Education uses Education. Free Trade and Protectionist both use Trade etc. So Law & Order is assigned first then Human Rights ( which obviously can't go to whoever picked up L&O). I'm not in the sheets right now but I believe the reason there is so many L&O, is because several factions ended up with zero lobby cards and L&O was what they had the most of so get assigned that.

Keep in mind after the draft and shifting the cards will be reassigned. So assigning them now gives you an idea of what your faction looks like but they won't start affecting the game until after we do them again.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ebrk85 said:

It is correct they both are assigned off of Justice exp. There are other examples of this. Public and a Private Education uses Education. Free Trade and Protectionist both use Trade etc. So Law & Order is assigned first then Human Rights ( which obviously can't go to whoever picked up L&O). I'm not in the sheets right now but I believe the reason there is so many L&O, is because several factions ended up with zero lobby cards and L&O was what they had the most of so get assigned that.

Keep in mind after the draft and shifting the cards will be reassigned. So assigning them now gives you an idea of what your faction looks like but they won't start affecting the game until after we do them again.

Thank you sir

I hope you have all had a chance to look at the sheet I shared with you.  We begin with the Rookie draft for 1868.  

The following is taken from 2.1 which all of you should have a copy of. 

Every faction (player) will draft potential politicians from the year’s rookie class.  These rookies enter the game around their 25th birthday, and most will need a lot of help to achieve greatness.  It is your task to help develop them into great leaders! 

Each faction can only draft politicians aligned with their own party and ideological restrictions.  Draft order for this one time have been drawn at random.   The draft will continue until all players are drafted. 

Under default settings, a faction can attempt to draft a politician not aligned with one of their three ideologies, but they only have a 30% chance of doing so, if the attempt fails, the faction wastes that draft pick and skips their turn. 

A politician marked as “can party flip” can be drafted by either party at a 50% chance of success, if the attempt fails, the faction wastes that draft pick and skips their turn. 

On the sheet you may find the ones you can draft on the draft class tab which I have outlined in red.  Please PM me your picks

The random order that I will follow is as follows: @dkh64, @Blockmon, @EYates, @Umbrella, @Bloot911, @pman (for the blue section), @DJBillyShakes, @Imperator Taco Cat, @Willthescout7, and @pman (for your red team). 

This is DUE by 5PM CST Monday March 27.  If we get them all in before we could possibly move ahead but no rush. 

Edited by Bushwa777
  • Like 2