The Political Lounge

1868: The Gilded Age Playtest

3 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

Its not listed as blue draft vs red draft. It's just the order of draft for all 10 factions. Since nobody seems to understand what he wrote, the draft order is:

1. @dkh64

2. @Blockmon

3. @EYates

4. @Umbrella

5. @Bloot911

6. @pmanBlue

7. @DJBillyShakes

8. @Imperator Taco Cat

9. @Willthescout7

10. @pmanRed

I call shenanigans, clearly biased against me and @pman lol

• Haha 2

Just now, EYates said:

Aren’t you blue 5?

Yeah, I can only draft trads and rw pop and there's about 1-2 in this draft and they stink, lol. Not complaining, just saying draft order doesn't matter for me with that faction.

• Like 1

Oh ha yea he should be dead. I see why that is missed though. His draft date of 1864 is after his real life death date.  So not sure how the game if supposed to handle that. There would never be a what if, if he's dies before his draft date. But V added him to the game. So the choices are pretend he didn't die in the battle OR remove him the game entirely because he'll never ever get drafted if he dies in 1863.

1 minute ago, ebrk85 said:

Oh ha yea he should be dead. I see why that is missed though. His draft date of 1864 is after his real life death date.  So not sure how the game if supposed to handle that. There would never be a what if, if he's dies before his draft date. But V added him to the game. So the choices are pretend he didn't die in the battle OR remove him the game entirely because he'll never ever get drafted if he dies in 1863.

And I don't just mean for this playtest. If the game uses his historical death date he will never show up in any game so why is he even in there.

Edited by ebrk85

5 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

And I don't just mean for this playtest. If the game uses his historical death date he will never show up in any game so why is he even in there.

Yeah, that's a good point.  He died at 25, so I guess there could be a what-if scenario where he survives, but that would mess up the draft date.