The Political Lounge

1868: The Gilded Age Playtest

9 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

Ok I just wanted to check as my phone was blowing up while I was gone!  LOL the life of a GM

The only ones I am missing for draft are from @dkh64 and @DJBillyShakes

If one of you did send me something I may have erased it accidently so send it to me again.  If not then while we have time your the only two we need. 

I meant these are the ones I do not have unless they sent them to me and I accidently erased the message. 

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

He's in the game. 

Yeah but the point was that he should not be in the game as he dies in 1863 and his draft date is listed as 1864 

13 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

Ok I just wanted to check as my phone was blowing up while I was gone!  LOL the life of a GM

If one of you did send me something I may have erased it accidently so send it to me again.  If not then while we have time your the only two we need. 

I know the feeling. You disappear and bam 100 missed messages.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

Sent.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

I meant these are the ones I do not have unless they sent them to me and I accidently erased the message. 

Yeah but the point was that he should not be in the game as he dies in 1863 and his draft date is listed as 1864 

There's an event that mentions if he lives or is killed. The live event allows him to be drafted in 1864. 

You're supposed to remove everyone whose death date has arrived before 1868. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

There's an event that mentions if he lives or is killed. The live event allows him to be drafted in 1864. 

You're supposed to remove everyone whose death date has arrived before 1868. 

Me and eric did not catch it so in this playtest i guess he lived. Ty

1 hour ago, Bushwa777 said:

Sent

• Like 1

Ok all Draft 1868 is done! 

They are at the bottom of your pages.  We will do next steps tomorrow since it is so late 

Since @Willthescout7 and @pmanred got last draws their first peeps got random points. 

Wilterscout your first guy William P. Dillingham starts with 2 Adam 

Pmanred your first guy Binger Hermon starts with 1 Judicial 

Random Traits/Alt States given: 

@Blockmon Adna Chafee now has manipulative 

@Bloot911 Francis P. Fleming can move to Maryland 

@DJBillyShakes Alfred Thayer Mahan may move to Iowa 

@dkh64 John A. Bankhead gets disharmonious 

@EYates Charles Fairchild can move to Texas 

@Imperator Taco Cat James Gunn is now a delegator 

@pmanblue John Sparks can move to South Carolina 

@pmanred Dudly Haskell can move to New York 

@Umbrella Frank Morey has provincial

@Willthescout7 William McKinley is controversial 

• Like 3

Speaking of Governors':  President Grant @pman please nominate governors for Louisiana and Texas.  Rules they must be 1) from the Republican party, 2) have Gov ability, 3) be from the state (or they get carpetbagger and 4) did not secede from the union during the late war. You can check the latter by Wikipedia. 

@Bloot911, @Blockmon, @dkh64, @DJBillyShakes, @EYates, @Imperator Taco Cat, @pman, @Umbrella and @Willthescout7

2.1.2 Career Track 

*Done once every four years

All players may enter freshly-drafted rookies into a career track with some exceptions. Rookie politicians of a minority group that have not yet earned the right to vote cannot be placed on the career track.  Each rookie can only be placed on one career track, and each faction can only place one rookie on each career track.  There will usually be more rookies than available career track slots, so this decision requires strategic planning.

The career tracks offer a variety of paths to empower you to develop your rookie politicians, helping them gain skills, experience, and traits for future leadership roles.  However, while they are committing themselves to advancing in their career track, they will be unavailable to run in elections or be appointed to office.  This is a moderate risk, high reward opportunity for your politicians to fully develop into their long term potential.

In addition to placing one rookie in each career track, players will also choose whether to remove any of their politicians previously placed on the career track.  Removed politicians will earn a variety of new skills, traits, and experiences – but the longer a politician remains on the career track, the larger the boost they will receive when they finally leave.  All politicians will be automatically removed from the career track after 20 years (for maximum benefit), unless the player removes them earlier.  

All politicians on career tracks have a 10% chance of gaining a special interest based on their personal ideology whenever they leave the track. If an ideology allows for more than one interest, then roll 10% for each. Here are the allowable interests:

• RW Pop - Nationalist, Reformist, RW Activist, Pacifist

• Trad - RW Activist, Theocrat, Nationalist

• Cons - Expansionist, Nationalist

• Mod - Expansionist

• Lib - Civil Rights

• Prog - Civil Right, LW Activist, Reformist, Pacifist

• LW Pop - LW Activist, Reformist, Pacifist

Any politician with “Overeager” has a 25% chance of being pulled from the Career Track, even if the player wants them to stay with an extra 5% chance of gaining traits/abilities if they are pulled off in this manner. Any politician with “Late Bloomer” has a 25% chance of refusing to leave the career track, locking them in for the entire length of the career track timeline.. Additionally, “Late Bloomers” get an extra 5% chance of gaining all traits/abilities if they make it to the last stage of their career track.

These are the seven career tracks:

• Private Sector: A general catch-all career track, offering a wide variety of skill and experience gains. 

• Military Sector: Representing someone rising through the ranks of the US military -- likely on their way to become a general, admiral, or in an administrative military role in a presidential administration.

• Judicial Track: Someone serving as a local, state, or lower federal-level judge on their way to becoming a short-list candidate for the US Supreme Court.

• Governing Track: Someone working closely with a state governor, serving as a lieutenant governor, or as a mayor with their eyes set on the governorship.

• Legislative Track: A local or state legislator hoping to become a US Senator or US Rep.

• Administrative Track: A local or state policy-wonk, likely serving as a state cabinet member and hoping to become part of a US Presidential cabinet. 

• Backroom Politics Track: Someone compulsive and adept at the strategy of elections who wishes to serve as a kind of monarch in the “smoke-filled rooms” where real politics is conducted. These politicians generally see themselves as unelectable, so they attempt to find some sort of pawn to run for them.

Name them in the forum below and I will put them on the table myself. 

For those who have reached 20 years this afternoon I will remove them and give the traits and so on they earned. 

This is due 5PM CST Tuesday

• Thanks 2

Career Tracks for Blue 4:

Private Sector:  W H F Lee

Military Sector:  Pierce M B Young

Judicial Track:  William Lindsay

Governing Track:  Charles W Jones

Legislative Track:   Albert T Goodwyn

Administrative Track:  Charles Hopper Gibson

Backroom Politics Track:  George Dewey

• Like 1

Career gains part 1:

@Imperator Taco Cat: William Niblack leaves his career at +5 judicial, has expansionist and integrity.

David Broderick leaves with +3 leg and debate (note in real life he died in a duel in 1859 but we will say he survived this timeline).

James Nesmith got +1 admin, kingmaker, expansionist, leadership, manipulative, and master kingmaker

Edited by Bushwa777
  • Based 2

3 hours ago, EYates said:

Career Tracks for Blue 4:

Private Sector:  W H F Lee

Military Sector:  Pierce M B Young

Judicial Track:  William Lindsay

Governing Track:  Charles W Jones

Legislative Track:   Albert T Goodwyn

Administrative Track:  Charles Hopper Gibson

Backroom Politics Track:  George Dewey

Please make sure you put the new titles for above in row c aka current office