The Political Lounge

How Best to Handle Trump's Arrest in AMPU

I would recommend doing it however we do Debs's arrest, if that is inapplicable we could have it give him an election penalty, force set his state and prevent appointment to an office unless the president(or governor depending on crime) pardons him, we could also expand this to all controversial politicians.

Edited by Imperator Taco Cat

Too soon to tell.  Unless it has a real impact on the election -- by which I mean if there ends up being some kind of legal block against him running (not just him choosing not to run), then I could see adding it in some way.

Otherwise, it's just a random "gains controversial" event applied to a candidate who already has controversial.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Too soon to tell.  Unless it has a real impact on the election -- by which I mean if there ends up being some kind of legal block against him running (not just him choosing not to run), then I could see adding it in some way.

Otherwise, it's just a random "gains controversial" event applied to a candidate who already has controversial.

Perhaps it leads to an increase in RW/LW populist enthusiasm for the party of the former president, but a roll for moderate enthusiasm going the other way and also party preference and domestic stability. With a second roll for it giving the former president either a bonus (if acquited) or malus (if convicted) in the next election.

• Like 1