The Political Lounge

NFL Playtest 2: 1950-present

vcczar

11 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

All crimson home uniforms, almost painfully so but not quite.  Away is white and rusty brown.

My uniform has blue helmets. Red, blue, and lime green uniform at the top. Pants red, except the butt and shoes are blue. Numbers are red. Hideous uniform that only the fans love. 

• Haha 1
  • Based 1

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

My uniform has blue helmets. Red, blue, and lime green uniform at the top. Pants red, except the butt and shoes are blue. Numbers are red. Hideous uniform that only the fans love. 

Reminds me of the animated stick figures in the yearly compliance training videos I had to watch at work today.

• Haha 1

The Boise Sad Clowns wear horizontally striped rainbow unforms and a bright red helmet, but with a little clown nose on the inside and full makeup. Every player has a visor that is see through except there is neon-blue tears near the eyes. 

If that's not acceptable, they'll just wear what the Jags wear. We're all Sad Clowns anyway 😞 

• Haha 2
  • Based 1

Just now, Cal said:

The Boise Sad Clowns wear horizontally striped rainbow unforms and a bright red helmet, but with a little clown nose on the inside and full makeup. Every player has a visor that is see through except there is neon-blue tears near the eyes. 

If that's not acceptable, they'll just wear what the Jags wear. We're all Sad Clowns anyway 😞 

If that can be every uniform, great. 

If not, that's just the home uniform, and the away uniform is the opposite. Rainbow helmets and bright red everything else. 

• Like 1

Black helmet with white numbers on one side,  blue circle on the other with a 🎩 in the middle.  A Triple stripe of royal blue - white - royal blue down the middle of the helmet. 

Home jerseys:  blue with white and black stripes on the sleeves, white numbers. White pants.

Away jerseys: white with blue and black stripes on the sleeves, blue numbers, black pants with a blue -white- blue triple stripe down the side. 

• Like 1

(Since the Viceroys stole the crowns 😛 - the start of our rivalry - we had to adapt and overcome)

Purple helmet 

White home jersey with yellow and purple stripes and trim with purple numbers

Purple away jersey with yellow and white stripes and trim with yellow numbers

Our logo is a lion (sign of regality of course 😛 ) in gold on the purple jerseys and purple on the whites (when used otherwise its yellow on purple) 

• Like 1

Home: Helmet will be green with the head of a moose, with the antlers going back like lightning. Uniforms will be brown with a white moose footprint running up the sides. 

Away: Helmet will be brown with a White moose head, with the same antler designs. We'll have white uniforms with a brown moosetrack going up the side.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, vcczar said:

Uniforms!

Time for everyone to describe their uniforms

Colors: Red, White, and Blue

Helmet: Blue with a white silhouette of Colonel Sanders (wearing a military style hat) with red trim

Home Uniforms: Blue; white numbers with red trim; blue pants with a white stripe on both sides with red trim on both sides

Away: White; blue numbers with red trim; white pants with a blue strip down the outsides with red trim on both sides

Edited by jvikings1

1 minute ago, jvikings1 said:

Colors: Red, White, and Blue

Home Uniforms: Blue; white numbers with red trim; blue pants with a white stripe on both sides with red trim on both sides

Away: White; blue numbers with red trim; white pants with a blue strip down the outsides with red trim on both sides

I thought you were going to go for the KFC Chicken Colonel colors. This reminds me, in 2001 I had Madden 2001 for PC. You could design the uniforms, helmets, and stadiums. I had a team called the KFC Chickens. The helmet hat the logo with the colonel on it. The uniforms were red and white, kind of like your avatar, and the mid-field logo was a KFC bucket. I forget what the endzone logos were, but I'm sure the endzone was red with a white text. 

I was 31 other fictional teams. Best endzone logo was for the composer team, it was just keys of a piano from one end to the other. 

• Haha 1

Think this:  THE YODEL-MYSTER: Premium Mens German Beer Oktoberfest Halloween Fancy Dress CostumeAt home, yellow pants with a red/white checkered top with a yellow strip on both sides of the top to represent the suspenders. While away they will still wear yellow pants but the top will be white instead of checkered.

• Like 2
  • Based 1

Basically the Red Sox uniforms adapted for football. The Sox white home uniforms will be adapted to be the Americans’ away uniforms, and the Sox red alternate home uniforms will be adapted to be the Americans’ home uniforms. 

If you've ever seen the Vegas Golden Knights jerseys of the NHL, it'd be something like that, although adapted more for the NFL look (things like the uniform number on both sides, etc)

23 minutes ago, mark2 said:

If you've ever seen the Vegas Golden Knights jerseys of the NHL, it'd be something like that, although adapted more for the NFL look (things like the uniform number on both sides, etc)

Oh, you're finally awake. Don't forget that you need to abide by the 24-hour rule or you'll have your team taken away. You have two strikes. I'll be lenient if you let me know in advance that you'll  be away for several days. I can't playtest efficiently if someone isn't communicating. I do appreciate you finally posting though. 

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Oh, you're finally awake. Don't forget that you need to abide by the 24-hour rule or you'll have your team taken away. You have two strikes. I'll be lenient if you let me know in advance that you'll  be away for several days. I can't playtest efficiently if someone isn't communicating. I do appreciate you finally posting though. 

The problem is that I keep trying to log on with my phone, but it never recognizes my password. The problem should be fixed shortly, but so far I've had to go on my PC to respond.

1 minute ago, mark2 said:

The problem is that I keep trying to log on with my phone, but it never recognizes my password. The problem should be fixed shortly, but so far I've had to go on my PC to respond.

Funnily enough, it's worked just now. 24 hour rule should be plenty as long as I can answer from my phone now 👍

• Based 1

Here are the Conferences in 1950!

West Conference  
Boise Sad Clowns Cal
Salt Lake City Mustaches Bloot
Kansas City Monarchs Hestia
Chicago Cardinals OrangeP
Los Angeles Yodelers Ebrk
Las Vegas Knights Mark2
Muncie Moose Willthescout
East Conference  
Virginia Beach Viceroys CE2
Washington Top Hats 10centjimmy
Buffalo Pot Smokers Rezi
Boston Americans Jnewt
Atlanta Rebels Matthewyoung
Cambridge Painted Buntings VCCzar
Lexington Colonels JViking
  • Like 2

Instructions: 

• Open up NFL RP 2
  • Go to the "DraftList Tab"
  • Find your owner name. You'll have 200 pts to spend on all of these players. You can give 1 bid pt to 200 players or 1 player all 200 of your points. The player will go to the higher bid point. I'll roll if tied.

You'll have until Tuesday to bid on active draft players. Feel free to research players if you want to find out who is likely to be good, but you aren't required to do that. 

I'll use your email associated with your forum account unless I happen to know your alternate email. Feel free to PM me a better email address. 

On 4/15/2023 at 7:00 PM, vcczar said:

I thought you were going to go for the KFC Chicken Colonel colors. This reminds me, in 2001 I had Madden 2001 for PC. You could design the uniforms, helmets, and stadiums. I had a team called the KFC Chickens. The helmet hat the logo with the colonel on it. The uniforms were red and white, kind of like your avatar, and the mid-field logo was a KFC bucket. I forget what the endzone logos were, but I'm sure the endzone was red with a white text. 

I was 31 other fictional teams. Best endzone logo was for the composer team, it was just keys of a piano from one end to the other. 

That thought crossed my mind at first. However, I thought red being the dominant color might not be the best for a team based in Lexington (right in the middle of the Kentucky fanbase - hates Louisville and their red color)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cal said:

Here's how I see the divisional and cross-conference rivalries: 

West Conference Divisional Rivalries
1. Boise Sad Clowns vs. Salt Lake City Mustaches.
We've got a classic Western rivalry here between the biggest cities in Idaho and Utah. Not to mention, Clowns don't often wear Mustaches so there may be some bitterness from that omission that we see on the field. 

2. Kansas City Monarchs vs. Las Vegas Knights. 
What more can I say other than a king facing off against a knight is pretty badass? 

3.  Los Angeles Yodelers vs. Muncie Moose.
We've got the hillbillies pitted against their natural enemy, the meese. 

4. Chicago Cardinals vs. Muncie Moose.
Indiana against Illinois can go hard. 

East Conference Divisional Rivalries
1. Buffalo Pot Smokers vs. Lexington Colonels. 
Gay communists that smoke a lot of weed versus the US armed forces. Pretty fitting for 1950, no?

2. Cambridge Painted Buntings vs. Boston Americans.
This is a classic inter-Massachusetts rivalry. 

3. Atlanta Rebels vs. Virginia Beach Viceroys.
Rebels against the kingdom? Blasphemy! They probably have some kind of firearm trophy that gets passed between them on win/loss every year.

4. Washington Top Hats vs. Virginia Beach Viceroys
Who wears the better head apparel? This matchup settles it.

Cross-Conference Rivalries
1. Kansas City Monarchs vs. Virginia Beach Viceroys.
This is the most expected here. The Viceroys already stole the crown design for their logo so this is gonna be heated the first time they play. Lots of resentment. 

2. Salt Lake City Mustaches vs. Washington Top Hats.
What makes someone more gentlemanly, a mustache or a top hat?

3. Boise Sad Clowns vs. Buffalo Pot Smokers.
There is no basis for this rivalry outside of two of the most ridiculous names. That being said, I imagine there might be some overlap between the fandoms and the fans might come together for a really sad blunt rotation when both teams are having an off year. 

4. Chicago Cardinals vs. Cambridge Painted Buntings.
Battle of the birds.

5. Las Vegas Knights vs. Atlanta Rebels.
Don't have much here, sadly.

6. Los Angeles Yodelers vs. Boston Americans.
Don't have much here, sadly.

7. Muncie Moose vs. Lexington Colonels.
Reminds me vaguely of the Emu Wars in Australia.

Americans vs Rebels too, since the Atlanta Rebels are probably evoking secessionists. 

• Agree 2