The Political Lounge

AMPU: 1800 Playtest - Era of Republicanism

ebrk85

Fun! Andrew Jackson is one of my least favorite historical figures so it'll be a task trying to make him a considerably less odious individual in this version of reality. I am thrilled to be on a team with SK, Murr, DKH and Jnewt. Can't wait!

Edited by pman

5 minutes ago, pman said:

Fun! Andrew Jackson is one of my least favorite historical figures so it'll be a task trying to make him a considerably less odious individual in this version of reality. I am thrilled to be on a team with SK, Murr, DKH and Jnewt. Can't wait!

Or on another hand you could embrace the RP and play as Andrew Jackson just as odious as he was IRL.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, pman said:

Extra fun Andrew Jackson got randomly placed on the Judicial track so you can make him Chief Justice instead of President!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Based 2

2 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

Oh you are the left faction in Ted's test too? That seems to be your faction except when you are playing as the racist Dixiecrats.

yup. Currently have him sitting on the backroom track since he comes with Iron Fist and that seems fun to pass on (assume that gets passed on i didnt check)

3 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

Extra fun Andrew Jackson got randomly placed on the Judicial track so you can make him Chief Justice instead of President!

That’s a profoundly scary thought. He should have never left the military, either irl or this playtest, haha

Edited by pman
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

This is before anybody from AMPU was here (for the most part) but in a very action packed hilarious Roleplay I made Andrew Jackson the Chief Justice and dueled John Quincy Adams to the death. Jackson won. 

• Haha 1
  • Based 2

1 minute ago, Pringles said:

Damn no blue 4. 😔Andrew is my homie. 

I’d trade him for a cup of cheap coffee. But you can enjoy watching me ruin him, haha or turning him into a very different person( I’ll probably accomplish both)

Edited by pman

1 minute ago, pman said:

I’d trade him for a cup of cheap coffee. But you can enjoy watching me ruin him, haha or turning him into a very different person( I’ll probably accomplish both)

Just don’t make him into an unrealistic Uber progressive wet dream which is typically what most people like to do in these alt hists. Whether it’s game or fantasy writings on Reddit. 😛 

22 minutes ago, pman said:

Alternatively you could make him exactly as terrible if not more so than in real life

• Agree 2

Just now, Euri said:

Alternatively you could make him exactly as terrible if not more so than in real life

Or we could just try to keep some semblance of realism. Which actually, is exactly what you just said! 

• Agree 2

Just don’t make him into an unrealistic Uber progressive wet dream which is typically what most people like to do in these alt hists. Whether it’s game or fantasy writings on Reddit. 😛 

No I picture him becoming a moderate- not a progressive 

1 minute ago, Euri said:

No, we should sanitize historical figures, and events while also only maintaining realism when it comes to the minutia of the political process. 😉

• Based 1

Or we could just try to keep some semblance of realism. Which actually, is exactly what you just said! 

No we need civil rights in 1806 

• Like 1
  • Based 1

5 minutes ago, Rezi said:

No we need civil rights in 1806 

I’m going to have to be extra racist just to offset all of the progressivism that’s going to be going on 😫

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

I’m going to have to be extra racist just to offset all of the progressivism that’s going to be going on 😫

I’m going to be Satan on Earth at this point