The Political Lounge

AMPU: 1800 Playtest - Era of Republicanism

ebrk85

2 hours ago, jnewt said:

House Assignments:

image.png.57aca1d5b1e6d30eff5a41cc3a721358.png

Gains are posted in the House Leadership tab under column F (Gains)

I am busy most of tomorrow so it might be Wednesday before we move onto picking faction and party leaders.

Edited by ebrk85
  • Like 1

@Murrman104 @dkh64 @ShortKing @pman @DJBillyShakes @WVProgressive @10centjimmy @matthewyoung123 @Pringles @jnewt

2.2.3 Faction Leaders Selected:

• The faction leader must have an Ideology, and either an Interest or Lobby that matches the cards of the faction, since he or she is expected to represent that faction.

• Faction leader must have “Leadership”

• cannot be on the “career track.”

• cannot have “incompetent”

• cannot have the trait “lackey”

• cannot have the “obscure” trait.  

• A non-president, non-incumbent party leader with “passive” has a 25% chance of declining the role, unless they are the only option.

• If no statesmen meet these requirements, then omit the “leadership” and “lackey” requirements.. If they still can’t meet the requirement, omit the interest/lobby requirement.  If they still can’t, void the “career track” and “obscure” trait requirements and settle exclusively for having the right ideology.  If a career track politician ends up as faction leader, they immediately resign from the career track and receive any benefits they’ve earned from the years they served (rounded down).

Red Team also let me know if your faction leader will be running for Party Leader.

Everyone may also select a faction name at this time.

Edited by ebrk85

28 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

@Murrman104 @dkh64 @ShortKing @pman @DJBillyShakes @WVProgressive @10centjimmy @matthewyoung123 @Pringles @jnewt

• The faction leader must have an Ideology, and either an Interest or Lobby that matches the cards of the faction, since he or she is expected to represent that faction.

• A non-president, non-incumbent party leader with “passive” has a 25% chance of declining the role, unless they are the only option.

• If no statesmen meet these requirements, then omit the “leadership” and “lackey” requirements.. If they still can’t meet the requirement, omit the interest/lobby requirement.  If they still can’t, void the “career track” and “obscure” trait requirements and settle exclusively for having the right ideology.  If a career track politician ends up as faction leader, they immediately resign from the career track and receive any benefits they’ve earned from the years they served (rounded down).

Red Team also let me know if your faction leader will be running for Party Leader.

Alexander Hamilton will be our faction leader and will run for Red party leader.

The faction will be named "Conservatives"

22 minutes ago, ShortKing said:

We will be selecting President Pro Tempore of the Senate Abraham Baldwin to lead our faction, henceforth known as the Moderate Patriots. 

Baldwin gains Expansionist, +1 Legis

11 minutes ago, matthewyoung123 said:

Alexander Hamilton will be our faction leader and will run for Red party leader.

The faction will be named "Conservatives"

Hamilton gains nothing (would have gained Easily Overwhelmed but has and keeps Crisis Admin)

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

I'll be going with SecTreas Albert Gallatin and we'll be the Fusion faction

Governor Richard Howell of New Jersey shall be our faction leader, and we shall be known as The Moderate Federalists.

1 hour ago, ebrk85 said:

I do believe I have to omit basically every requirement. (Thank you John Marshall and William H Wells, my only guy with leadership but both have obscure.) 

We will be known as The High Tories.

Marshall will try to run for Party Leader. 

Edited by Pringles
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ebrk85 said:

None of my pols have leadership or are not obscure, so the only requirement is being Mod. Gov. Caleb Strong of MA will take leadership of the Moderates. Strong will run for party leader.

7 hours ago, dkh64 said:

I'll be going with SecTreas Albert Gallatin and we'll be the Fusion faction

You have one non-obscure pol Gov George Clinton of NY and you must go with him.

Clinton gains nothing

6 hours ago, Murrman104 said:

I must keep dusty fossil of a bygone time Samuel Adams. We will be the Radical Democrats

Adams gains +1 Command (his first!), Passive, Kingmaker

6 hours ago, 10centjimmy said:

Assuming that I literally can pick any moderate and that John Adams is ineligible, I'll pick Admiral Isaac Hull and we'll be the Military Whigs.

Hull will run for party leader

Hull gains Disharmonious, Egghead

6 hours ago, DJBillyShakes said:

None of my pols have leadership or are not obscure, so the only requirement is being Mod. Gov. Caleb Strong of MA will take leadership of the Moderates. Strong will run for party leader.

Strong loses obscure, gains +1 Command (his 1st!), Incoherent, Disharmonious

2 hours ago, pman said:

None of my pols have non-obscure and leadership, therefore leadership is the first to be omitted. We'll pick Hugh Lawson White and remove him from private track. We'll go by the Expansionist Democratic Republicans 

White is removed from the career track immediately after being put on. He's really learned a lot in his one day in the private sector.

White loses obscure, gains Passive, Everyman

29 minutes ago, jnewt said:

President Thomas Jefferson will take lead of the Tertium Quids

Jefferson gains RW Activist, Likable

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

You have one non-obscure pol Gov George Clinton of NY and you must go with him.

Clinton gains nothing

Ah, okay. I thought he didn’t have an interest or lobby so the obscure requirement could be voided. I misunderstood.

2 minutes ago, dkh64 said:

Ah, okay. I thought he didn’t have an interest or lobby so the obscure requirement could be voided. I misunderstood.

Yea obscure is the last requirement to get voided so even if that is all he has going for him then he's eligible.