The Political Lounge

A Thread for small, low priority changes and errors.

In the legislative proposals, Ban the Teaching of Evolution looks like points for ideology cards are backwards.  Right now, progressives and liberals get points if this passes, and traditionalists and populists lose points.  I believe it should be the other way around.

Edited by Umbrella
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Umbrella said:

In the legislative proposals, Ban the Teaching of Evolution looks like points for ideology cards are backwards.  Right now, progressives and liberals get points if this passes, and traditionalists and populists lose points.  I believe it should be the other way around.

I will argue that opposition to social darwinism drove many leftists to oppose it , however later on most leftists started supporting it, would it be possible to code a bill to have different stats by era?

• Like 1

The scripted event "US conquered by British and Native Forces" -- a gameover event -- references the War of 1812, but also says it expires at the start of the Era of Federalism.

This event should either reference the Revolutionary War, or be able to fire all the way up to the end of the Era of Republicanism, given that that's when the War of 1812 actually took place.

General Napoleon Bonaparte Dominating in Europe -- event requires "Rev War Active."  This is clearly referencing the French Rev War (I assume, given that it can't fire until Era of Federalism and it's not possible for American Rev War to last that long.  Recommend changing requirements from "Rev War Active" to "French Rev War Active."

In 2.91 Presidential Primaries,  there are no CPU rules for attacking rivals, giving major speeches, or adopting local issues. 

There is also a new section allowing for pre- primary focuses on up to 3 states. Explicit CPU rules don't exist, but one can use the regular primary focus action. 

Finally,  in 2.2.4 elected party leaders gain +3 in all Primaries, but in 2.91 the party leader gets a blanket +5 (faction leaders get +3). Recommend the +3 in party Primaries gets clarified to non-presidential Primaries (this is my preference) or the blanket +5 changed to a +6 to reflect the bonus. 

• Like 1

For all of our playtesters:

Has anybody ever actually gotten the Isolationist lobby faction card? 

You can't have Liberal, Moderate, or Conservative cards, which means it's only available to Populists, Progressives, and Traditionalists -- but in all of my playthroughs, the factions with those cards also tend to have a liberal or conservative card because there aren't enough Populist, Progressive, and/or traditionalist politicians in every draft to avoid becoming mostly conservative or mostly liberal.  That alone has wiped out the possibility of using an isolationist card in every one of my playthroughs -- but then there's additional restrictions on top of those, so even if you do somehow manage to get a "just traditionalists" faction, you still might not get the isolationist card due to the other requirements.

It's by far the most restricted card in the game, and I don't think that's intentional.  So I'm interested to see if other playtests in other eras are actually getting to use it, or if we need to adjust the requirements to make it more possible to get.

13 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

You can't have Liberal, Moderate, or Conservative cards, which means it's only available to Populists, Progressives, and Traditionalists -- but in all of my playthroughs, the factions with those cards also tend to have a liberal or conservative card because there aren't enough Populist, Progressive, and/or traditionalist politicians in every draft to avoid becoming mostly conservative or mostly liberal.  That alone has wiped out the possibility of using an isolationist card in every one of my playthroughs -- but then there's additional restrictions on top of those, so even if you do somehow manage to get a "just traditionalists" faction, you still might not get the isolationist card due to the other requirements.

It's by far the most restricted card in the game, and I don't think that's intentional.  So I'm interested to see if other playtests in other eras are actually getting to use it, or if we need to adjust the requirements to make it more possible to get.

Era Ideologies playtest has a faction with Isolationist (trads/rw pop Blue)

• Based 1

6 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

In 1868 Will has it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Imperator Taco Cat said:

Two people named Asher Dreier in 1868 and John Alexander Anderson is 22 years younger than irl.

Sidenote: anybody know how to change a pols name to fix the first one without screwing up the master?

Asher Dreier?  I'm not finding that name at all in V's master "statesmen" list.  Even googling it didn't turn up anyone.  Can you double check the spelling?  Or maybe that's a name that was randomly generated for your game, for some reason.  Either way, it doesn't appear in the main game as far as I can tell.  

John Alexander Anderson's birth year is correctly listed as 1834 in the master, so it may just be something that got messed up in your playthrough's sheet.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Asher Dreier?  I'm not finding that name at all in V's master "statesmen" list.  Even googling it didn't turn up anyone.  Can you double check the spelling?  Or maybe that's a name that was randomly generated for your game, for some reason.  Either way, it doesn't appear in the main game as far as I can tell.  

(your correct, just found the situation humorous and wanted to expand on it) After looking more into this I blame our master tab (one of them has no faction or party, one has the surname Atchinson and a thired new one has no politician value, please help 99% of stats grab from the master.)

Edited by Imperator Taco Cat

2 hours ago, Imperator Taco Cat said:

Sidenote: anybody know how to change a pols name to fix the first one without screwing up the master?

I have 3 John Smith in 1800 and they happen to all be in the same faction ha.

Easiest way is to change their name on their faction tab, column A, by adding their state.

So I have a John Smith (VA), John Smith (OH), etc.

4 minutes ago, Imperator Taco Cat said:

Can you please come over to our sheets? There are now 4 of them in the master (2 in the faction sheets).

Can't now I'm at work. I can look when I get home around 7 edt.

What's the name that duplicated?

• Thanks 1