The Political Lounge

New Vegas Election

Sean F Kennedy

The Second Battle of Hoover Dam has concluded, The Courier who cheated death in Goodsprings helped the NCR defeat Caesar’s Legion in exchange of creation of full Democracy across the Mojave Wasteland, its own independent nation separate of the NCR just west of this new nation. However now there must be an election. Several candidates throw their hat in the ring to run The Mojave Wasteland. Will the famous Courier make a run as an instant front runner? Only time will tell...

• Like 1

I would do the courier but even I didn't allow anyone to play him back in my Fallout. But I'm down for a run as General Lee Oliver. 😉

• Like 1

I'd like to play as Mr. House. Will this RP be getting as wild as @Pringles's Fallout 69 RP, @Sean F Kennedy?

• Like 1

The Courier definitively announces his intention to not run. Heads to the Capital Wastelands to explore and will return to greet the future winner of the election

The Courier who was by every poll by far the front runner in the race of President of the Mojave Republic has announced his intention to not run stating “I’m not a man of politics, I’m an explorer and a wanderer, I will say there are a few people I think would make fantastic leaders I will as of now keep that to myself.” So far Robert House holds a slight lead over General Lee Oliver, meanwhile Arcade Gannon of the Followers of the Apocalypse has launched a long shot bid. 

Republic of Mojave President Poll

Robert House 29.2%
Lee Oliver 28.8%
Arcade Gannon 7.4%
Jean Crawford 5.2%

Undecided 29.4% 

Currently the leader of the race is Robert House who after a lukewarm launch (11), Lee Oliver who worked alongside the Courier at the Second Battle of Hoover Dam is a close second (15). Arcade Gannon a member of the Followers of the Apocalypse had a good response across Freeside. (15) Finally Jeannie May Crawford had a large reception in her hometown of Novac (19)

@Pringles @WVProgressive @Rezi @The Blood

• Like 2

Mr. House broadcasts an address across all of the City of New Vegas. In the address he talks about the importance for the Mojave to maintain its independence, and promises he won't be an NCR puppet.

Mr. House appeals to the savage tribes in the desert wastelands, offering them protection from the NCR in exchange for their fealty to New Vegas. Now that Caesars Legion has been pushed out of the Mojave, the tribes will either have to be independent, and die, or swear fealty to one of the major powers. Mr. House hopes that the tribes see reason, and help him expand the power of New Vegas

Mr. House appeals to merchants, by increasing the number of securatrons on patrol along the major trade routes to New Vegas.

General Oliver campaigns throughout the NCR territory. Making a show of military parades and flexing his political muscle.

General Oliver orders NCR soldiers into Hoover Dam once more. "Remilitarization of Hoover Dam." Sound familiar? Yeah, it is.

General Oliver campaigns throughout the Hoover Dam area settlements. Championing himself as a protector of the people. 

Easy Pete joins the election

I am "joinin" the election to make New Vegas a safe place for all. I grew up following morals, following family, and following community. We don't need power hungry big "heads" like Mr.House or Gen. Oliver leading the wasteland. I promise to form committees that have representation of each human-like species in the mojave. We will never be at peace until we all have our own land, and we all trade and be friends amongst one another.

image.thumb.png.16b27258505fa90473c125046b1b70b8.png 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, themiddlepolitical said:

Easy Pete joins the election

I am "joinin" the election to make New Vegas a safe place for all. I grew up following morals, following family, and following community. We don't need power hungry big "heads" like Mr.House or Gen. Oliver leading the wasteland. I promise to form committees that have representation of each human-like species in the mojave. We will never be at peace until we all have our own land, and we all trade and be friends amongst one another.

image.thumb.png.16b27258505fa90473c125046b1b70b8.png 

(8) Easy Pete has a below average launch, although he has a strong base in Goodsprings and could potentially appeal to the Boomers.

Easy Pete travels to Jacobstown to garner support from Super Mutants

"Super mutants have far been to looked down upon in the Mojave, I promise equal representation amongst all to stop these unwielding attacks on our fellow living beings."

Easy Pete travels to Primm, preaches community and unity

"I grew up and was raised in parts just like this town here, The sense of community and family we feel amongst each other, we can bring this back- we can bring peace back, we can stop the power hungry, we can be united"

Orion Moreno, who led the Enclave Remnants in the Second Battle of Hoover Dam in the victory against Caesar's Legion, has some thinking to do. 

At first, Orion was aghast when the Courier asked that he put aside his hatred of the NCR and fight with his old enemies. The NCR had hunted him and his friends down for years, and the hatred he harbored was mutual - the NCR would prefer he gunned down by one of their damn firing squads than trust him to watch their back. However, the Courier has a way with words. It was necessary that the Enclave fight on the winning side - and that Orion Moreno become more than a soldier, but a Captain in the honor of Captain Gannon. Kreger had shed that title some time ago, and someone had to take the mantle. 

So, Orion took up arms and led his friends to what could have been their deaths against what many believed was the strongest force in the Mojave. Daisy Whitman, Cannibal Johnson, Doctor Henry, and Captain Kreger all followed his orders. All would serve valiantly and make amends with the New California Republic, however begrudgingly it may have been. 

Now? Captain Orion is considering a run for office. He's an old and anger filled man, but he likes to believe he's tempered his rage and reformed after the victory over Caesar. It may be time for Captain Orion to plant the seeds for a future of the Enclave in the Mojave Wasteland, as futile as it may seem to be now. If there's one thing the Courier taught Orion, it's that his resentment had clouded his judgement for too long. The movement must be built - and the Enclave must return. 

For the time being, Captain Orion will run without any Enclave talk to begin with. He needs followers, and his admirable performance at the Battle for Hoover Dam may be just enough to set the stage for the old soldier to win over those not satisfied with the NCR or Mr. House, those who want a candidate not affiliated with any major faction. The words he'd spoken to the Courier once ring true still; ""Back then, it was war. If we'd been on the winning side, I'd be called a hero." Now, Orion stood on the winning side crowned a hero. Can he be the candidate that the Wasteland desires in the wake of the Courier's decision to not run?

Time will tell. 

• Like 1