The Political Lounge

10 Awards: Who Wins Your Steam Awards?

vcczar

I thought I'd create the following awards. See who wins your awards for games that you own on Steam. 

I. Most Played Steam Game

II. Best Steam Game for a Single Playthrough

III. Best Steam Game for Replayability

IV. Best Steam Game for Casual Play

V. Best Steam Game for Challenging Play

VI. Best Steam Game for Narrative

V. Best Steam Game for Visuals

VI. Best Steam Game for Your Unique Interests

VII: Best Steam Game That You're Embarrased to Say that You Like

VIII. Best Steam Game that You Havne't Played in Multuple Years

IX. Best Steam Game You've Played within the Last Year. 

X. Best Steam Game (Hypothetically) Posted on Your Wish List

I. Most Played Steam Game: The Political Process

II. Best Steam Game for a Single Playthrough: Fallout: New Vegas? I know people love to replay Fallout games but I just can't find the motivation.

III. Best Steam Game for Replayability: Any Paradox Game

IV. Best Steam Game for Casual Play: Stardew Valley

V. Best Steam Game for Challenging Play: Death Road to Canada

VI. Best Steam Game for Narrative: Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy X

V. Best Steam Game for Visuals: My computer is not good enough for games w/ visuals.

VI. Best Steam Game for Your Unique Interests: The Political Process and Football Coach: College Dynasty

VII: Best Steam Game That You're Embarrassed to Say that You Like: Not quite sure, Bloons TD 6 maybe?

VIII. Best Steam Game that You Haven't Played in Multiple Years: Fallout: New Vegas

IX. Best Steam Game You've Played within the Last Year: Final Fantasy X

X. Best Steam Game (Hypothetically) Posted on Your Wish List: A More Perfect Union

• Like 1

I. Most Played Steam Game: Crusader Kings III, although Uncharted Waters: Origin might soon surpass it. 

II. Best Steam Game for a Single Playthrough: The Last Express

III. Best Steam Game for Replayability: Tie between the Paradox Games, although Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV isn't far behind. 

IV. Best Steam Game for Casual Play: Uncharted Waters: Origin, which I usually have running in the background as I work. 

V. Best Steam Game for Challenging Play: Perhaps any of the Sherlock Holmes games by Frogwares

VI. Best Steam Game for Narrative: Tie between The Last Express and Pentiment 

V. Best Steam Game for Visuals: I really like the use of Renaissance and Baroque artwork to create visuals in The Procession to Cavalry and Four Last Thingsboth made by the same guy. He has a new game coming up, which is supposed to be the 3rd and last part of this series. 

VI. Best Steam Game for Your Unique Interests: I've always been a huge fan of the book Three Kingdoms by Luo Guanzhong, so I'll say Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV

VII: Best Steam Game That You're Embarrased to Say that You Like: Pro Wrestling Sim

VIII. Best Steam Game that You Haven't Played in Multuple Years: Orbi Universo or Nantucket

IX. Best Steam Game You've Played within the Last Year: Pentiment

X. Best Steam Game (Hypothetically) Posted on Your Wish List: As A More Perfect Union isn't yet on Steam, I'll have to say that the game on my Wish List that I'm most eager to see is The Pope: Power & Sin

• Like 1

I. Most Played Steam Game: Mount and Blade: Warband

II. Best Steam Game for a Single Playthrough: Deus Ex (1999) or Human Revolution

III. Best Steam Game for Replayability: Paradox Games, for a more specific story title: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

IV. Best Steam Game for Casual Play: War Thunder

V. Best Steam Game for Challenging Play: Most recently, Elden Ring. But War Thunder can also fit this as well. (I either play War Thunder when I am bored, but the grinding in the game & multiplayer encounters can be challenging as to be good you have to have knowledge of the vehicle you're playing.) 

VI. Best Steam Game for Narrative: Pentiment, Deus Ex, Witcher 3. 

V. Best Steam Game for Visuals: Cyberpunk 2077 if we're talking raw visuals, but the art style in Pentiment is gorgeous.

VI. Best Steam Game for Your Unique Interests: TPP, Universe Sandbox/Space Engine, Older Historical Total War titles, Paradox games. 

VII: Best Steam Game That You're Embarrassed to Say that You Like: Depends on who I am talking to, but if someone in real life saw me playing TPP they'd likely ask "How can you have fun with that?" 

VIII. Best Steam Game that You Haven't Played in Multiple Years: Skyrim, Half-Life, Mass Effect

IX. Best Steam Game You've Played within the Last Year: Pentiment

X. Best Steam Game (Hypothetically) Posted on Your Wish List: image.png.c8b12e88394edddea527160c0e72a5bf.png

• Like 1

I. Hearts of Iron IV (Most of that is having it run in the background while I multitask)

II. Secret Little Haven - Playing through this game was a very enriching experience for me, especially as someone who can really relate to the main character, but just about every playthrough will be the same.

III. The Paradox Games, My favorites CKII, and Stellaris

IV. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, or any of the Lego games, really.

V. The Age of Decadence

VI. Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines

V. My computer really isn't the best so I usually play games with rather lower-end graphics, but I really like the art-style of Darkest Dungeon

VI. Heaven Will Be Mine - A Queer Science-Fiction/Mecha Visual Novel will never be a bestseller, but it really appeals to me in a way that no other game has.

VII: Nekopara Vol. 3... Hey, at least I'm being honest!

VIII. Total War: Medieval II

IX. Really tough decision, I'll go with VTM:B

X. Disco Elysium (I've heard great things, but I don't think my computer would be able to run it. One of the only games I've gone of my way to avoid spoilers for)

Do I have bad taste? Probably. Regardless, if anyone wants to hear me infodump about anyone of these games in depth, I will do so upon request.

• Like 1

I. Most Played Steam Game: Crusader Kings 2 has the most hours (2,500!), but that's mostly me just letting the game run while I'm doing other things and then I check in to see what's happening.  I especially LOVE the "Game of Thrones" mod for it, which is incredible.

As far as most "actually" played, XCOM 2.  I've beaten the game many times (which is always a real challenge) and I just keep coming back.  I've racked up more than 1,000 hours so far on it -- actual playtime.

II. Best Steam Game for a Single Playthrough:  Dead State Reanimated.  It's got 95% of what I always wish existed in a zombie game.  Manage a group of survivors, each with their own personality and backstory, and anybody can die.  Absolutely loved this game.

III. Best Steam Game for Replayability:  XCOM 2, as mentioned above.

IV. Best Steam Game for Casual Play:  Crusader Kings 2 for hands-off play.  Jackbox Party Pack 3 is a great game for when I'm hanging out with real life friends (virtually, as we've spread out across the country) -- something casual to play where we get to make each other laugh.

V. Best Steam Game for Challenging Play: XCOM 2 and Dead State Reanimated both fit in this category.

VI. Best Steam Game for Narrative: DIsco Elysium.  Holy crap, this was an amazing game narrative.  Unlike anything I'd ever experienced before -- absolutely hilarious, yet full of heart too.  And, yes, a little bit fucking weird.

V. Best Steam Game for Visuals: Not a big visuals guy...some of my favorite games are text-based.  But maybe Cities Skylines, especially with mods?

VI. Best Steam Game for Your Unique Interests:  Project Zomboid.  I love open-world, anyone-can-die zombie games.  

VII: Best Steam Game That You're Embarrased to Say that You Like:  One Night Stand.  You wake up next to a girl with no memory of who she is or how she got there.  You have to quickly try to piece the puzzle together in the few minutes that she leaves you alone, intermittently, without revealing the truth to her or violating her privacy, etc.  Pretty challenging game -- each playthrough is probably only 10 minutes long, but with multiple endings and lots of things to find, I really enjoyed it.  I also felt like it did a great job of capturing that "random hook up" phase of life long after I'd graduated out of it. Ha.

VIII. Best Steam Game that You Havne't Played in Multuple Years: Fallout New Vegas. No other version of Fallout has captured my attention for more than few minutes, but I played this one for months.

IX. Best Steam Game You've Played within the Last Year. XCOM 2.  (Came out many years ago, but I still play it.) 

X. Best Steam Game (Hypothetically) Posted on Your Wish List: Political Arena

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

I. Most Played Steam Game: Crusader Kings 2 has the most hours (2,500!), but that's mostly me just letting the game run while I'm doing other things and then I check in to see what's happening.  I especially LOVE the "Game of Thrones" mod for it, which is incredible.

As far as most "actually" played, XCOM 2.  I've beaten the game many times (which is always a real challenge) and I just keep coming back.  I've racked up more than 1,000 hours so far on it -- actual playtime.

II. Best Steam Game for a Single Playthrough:  Dead State Reanimated.  It's got 95% of what I always wish existed in a zombie game.  Manage a group of survivors, each with their own personality and backstory, and anybody can die.  Absolutely loved this game.

III. Best Steam Game for Replayability:  XCOM 2, as mentioned above.

IV. Best Steam Game for Casual Play:  Crusader Kings 2 for hands-off play.  Jackbox Party Pack 3 is a great game for when I'm hanging out with real life friends (virtually, as we've spread out across the country) -- something casual to play where we get to make each other laugh.

V. Best Steam Game for Challenging Play: XCOM 2 and Dead State Reanimated both fit in this category.

VI. Best Steam Game for Narrative: DIsco Elysium.  Holy crap, this was an amazing game narrative.  Unlike anything I'd ever experienced before -- absolutely hilarious, yet full of heart too.  And, yes, a little bit fucking weird.

V. Best Steam Game for Visuals: Not a big visuals guy...some of my favorite games are text-based.  But maybe Cities Skylines, especially with mods?

VI. Best Steam Game for Your Unique Interests:  Project Zomboid.  I love open-world, anyone-can-die zombie games.  

VII: Best Steam Game That You're Embarrased to Say that You Like:  One Night Stand.  You wake up next to a girl with no memory of who she is or how she got there.  You have to quickly try to piece the puzzle together in the few minutes that she leaves you alone, intermittently, without revealing the truth to her or violating her privacy, etc.  Pretty challenging game -- each playthrough is probably only 10 minutes long, but with multiple endings and lots of things to find, I really enjoyed it.  I also felt like it did a great job of capturing that "random hook up" phase of life long after I'd graduated out of it. Ha.

VIII. Best Steam Game that You Havne't Played in Multuple Years: Fallout New Vegas. No other version of Fallout has captured my attention for more than few minutes, but I played this one for months.

IX. Best Steam Game You've Played within the Last Year. XCOM 2.  (Came out many years ago, but I still play it.) 

X. Best Steam Game (Hypothetically) Posted on Your Wish List: Political Arena

I think you’d like The Last Express. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

I got this to play with a few friends back earlier this winter. Good game, but probably not one suited for me. Everyone else kept trying to level up whatever abilities they had. I would just go to find more knives to stab zombies 😛 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hestia said:

I got this to play with a few friends back earlier this winter. Good game, but probably not one suited for me. Everyone else kept trying to level up whatever abilities they had. I would just go to find more knives to stab zombies 😛 

Multiplayer isn’t my thing, try it single player if you want a different experience at your speed.

I. Most Played Steam Game - Crusader Kings 2 closely beats out  Civ5, but Civil, haven't played either of them in over a year mostly due to ck3  and vic3 taking over. 

II. Best Steam Game for a Single Playthrough - This is the Police 2

III. Best Steam Game for Replayability - Ck3, i can always just sit down and start up a new game, giving myself a random goal or challenge. As in ck2, the possibilities are endless. 

IV. Best Steam Game for Casual Play - Rimworld, love the basebuilding simplicity. 

V. Best Steam Game for Challenging Play - Terra Invicta, I'm still wrapping my head around all the possibilities and while the game is not technically finished, I find it very challenging and interesting

VI. Best Steam Game for Narrative - Papers, Please, such a simple game where I found myself pulled in deeper and deeper even though the game wasn't terribly challenging. Just a good game. 

V. Best Steam Game for Visuals Firewatch, taking a hike in the woods and watching for fires. Just gorgeous. Great Vistas.

VI. Best Steam Game for Your Unique Interests Victoria 3

VII: Best Steam Game That You're Embarrased to Say that You Like -  Jelle's Marble League

VII. Best Steam Game that You Havne't Played in Multuple Years Star Wars: Empire at War

IX. Best Steam Game You've Played within the Last Year. Rimworld

X. Best Steam Game (Hypothetically) Posted on Your Wish List-  Political Arena

11 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

It’s been on my list for a while based on your recommendation alone, but haven’t pulled the trigger on it yet

The narrative is so good--it's almost like watching a movie--that I watched someone playthrough it on Youtube just for fun. It's got replayability because it isn't completely linear. For instance, the clock is always moving, so you can only do so much as each hour passes by. All the NPCs have their own scripts, so they'll be doing different, unique things every moment, so your individiual game is based where you are on the train at any moment. 

I should mention it isn't good for multitask play, unless you're comfortable pausing a lot. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I. Most Played Steam Game: Hearts of Iron IV (Most of it in TNO; yes I'm one of those guys. But I only play the USA)

II. Best Steam Game for a Single Playthrough: Red Dead Redemption 2 (Yes it's technically replayable, but I just think everyone should play it through once. Amazing story and best protagonist in gaming and most writing IMO).

III. Best Steam Game for Replayability: Hearts of Iron IV

IV. Best Steam Game for Casual Play: Left 4 Dead 2

V. Best Steam Game for Challenging Play: Ready or Not

VI. Best Steam Game for Narrative: Disco Elysium (very great humor; and I hate communists)

V. Best Steam Game for Visuals: Forza Horizon 5

VI. Best Steam Game for Your Unique Interests: Victoria 3 / Kerbal Space Program

VII: Best Steam Game That You're Embarrassed to Say that You Like: American Truck Simulator (ayup, it's a badass game liberals)

VIII. Best Steam Game that You Haven't Played in Multiple Years: Rimworld (Definitely been over a year since I've played it, yet I would say it's a top 5 game).

IX. Best Steam Game You've Played within the Last Year: Mount & Blade II: Warband (Not the "best" game but I've never sunk so many hours in a game in such a short time).

X. Best Steam Game (Hypothetically) Posted on Your Wish List: Starfield / Cities: Skylines II (Paranormal Tales and ROUTINE look great conceptually but I'm very skeptical and pessimistic).

• Based 1

I. Most Played Steam Game: Borderlands 2 (I haven't really played it much in years though, so honestly I'd say probably Deep Rock Galactic instead, but BL2 does win out in literal number of hours.)

II. Best Steam Game for a Single Playthrough: Persona 5 Royal (I love it, but it's just soooo long to the point where I don't think that I could do a second actual playthrough.)

III. Best Steam Game for Replayability: Hearts of Iron IV (In all honesty, I've only ever played the vanilla game just to learn the basics. The other 150+ hours are entirely made up of playing just the modern day mod Millennium Dawn and the Fallout total conversion Old World Blues.)

IV. Best Steam Game for Casual Play: Starbound (Honestly, probably my favorite game for building bases in. There's just something so relaxing about it and the early game enemies aren't much of a threat at all.)

V. Best Steam Game for Challenging Play: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (This one might be cheating a bit since there is now a paid version on steam that just acts as a donation to the team and isn't its own version or anything like that. But, regardless though, CDDA has got to be one of the most challenging games that I've ever played. It's also somewhat buggy and very messy and very very complicated, but I can't help but just love it. It's just a really challenging kitchen sink approach to a rouge-like.)

VI. Best Steam Game for Narrative: The Cat Lady (This game...the narrative is so amazing and the voice acting is soooo good, but...this game is really really dark and is such a rough emotional journey.)

V. Best Steam Game for Visuals: Heaven Will Be Mine / We Know the Devil (Both games are made by the same dev and I just couldn't decide between them. Both of their visual styles are really cool in a kind of unique way.)

VI. Best Steam Game for Your Unique Interests: The Political Process (Considering that none of my friends can understand how a political sim game could be 'fun', I think this definitely counts.)

VII: Best Steam Game That You're Embarrassed to Say that You Like: Chaos;Head Noah (Anybody that's played this game or the original will completely understand.)

VIII. Best Steam Game that You Haven't Played in Multiple Years: Saints Row the Third (Just really fond memories of this game. Used to play it again and again with a friend in coop years ago before we sadly drifted apart.)

IX. Best Steam Game You've Played within the Last Year: Fallen Hero: Rebirth / Fallen Hero: Retribution (Okay, again maybe kind of cheating, but the second game is a direct sequel to the first and I played both one after the other. And it's just a really good interactive fiction series about super heroes and villains.)

X. Best Steam Game (Hypothetically) Posted on Your Wish List: Our Life: Now and Forever (This. This game is one that I cannot wait for it to eventually come out. I put sooo many hours in the first Our Life game. And it's going to be even more queer positive and diverse than the first game and I just can't wait to get my hands on the actual game once it comes out.)

• Thanks 1
  • Based 1