The Political Lounge

I'm improving the Politician Generator

I'm now working on a big revamp of the politician generator. Given names and surnames will be more regionally specific. The ideologies, interests, and etc will also be generated more regionally and party specific. 

Each generated draft will have 4 politicians for each state 2 per party, each a male or female--how Noah's Ark. At some point I'd like to create something the more realistically captures non-binary or trans generated politicians, as we will certainly have more of them in the future. Currently, they're just lumped under LGBT. I also want to have some non-binary, trans, etc names. This might not happen until after early release, but I could get it done during the summer when I have more time. 

First Name Last Name State Party Gender
Thomas Mitchell AL Blue Male
Debbie Sauthoff AL Blue Female
Aaron Polk AL Red Male
Lily Garcia AL Red Female
James Fenner AK Blue Male
Zeta Iscariot AK Blue Female
Foster DiSalle AK Red Male
Avery Martinez AK Red Female
Bob Wilson AR Blue Male
Betty Sherbondy AR Blue Female
Bernard McKinley AR Red Male
Belva Timberlake AR Red Female
Thomas Ireland CA Blue Male
Ann Wood CA Blue Female
Henry Weyand CA Red Male
Mary Hunter CA Red Female
Justin Civiletti CO Blue Male
Lindsey Roberts CO Blue Female
John Iredell CO Red Male
Christiane Bastinado CO Red Female
William Justin Tomazich CT Blue Male
Riley Franklin CT Blue Female
    CT Red Male
    CT Red Female
  • Like 1

• vcczar changed the title to I'm improving the Politician Generator

Ha, when we created those random names for the database, I entered a ton of people from my old high school yearbook.  First names and last names, to help populate the file.

One of the guys I went to school with was Justin Tomazich, who I apparently put in as just a last name instead of splitting his first and last name into the two separate files. Whoops!

32 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Ha, when we created those random names for the database, I entered a ton of people from my old high school yearbook.  First names and last names, to help populate the file.

One of the guys I went to school with was Justin Tomazich, who I apparently put in as just a last name instead of splitting his first and last name into the two separate files. Whoops!

I'll fix it. 

• Based 1

Finished the Deep South names:

Basically, I use the original database but then add more of the 25 most common surnames, male and female given names. For this region, I also add more black, cuban-american, and creole names and surnames too. 

Charles Levin AL Blue Male
Adda Beveridge AL Blue Female
Rufus Connor AL Red Male
Abby Slappy AL Red Female

It still allows for outliers. For instance, aside from the name Abby, none of the above are the most common for the Deep South. 

I'm not sure how I'm going to link names to race. That might be something I won't be able to figure out how to code in google sheets.