Eric Smith Erica Yeun
Andy Wie Christine Choi
Richard Choi Margaret Choi
Ethan Choi Christine Choi
Michael Jung Jen Park
Steve Kang Sandra Kang
Steve Johnson Jennifer Lee
  • Like 1

@vcczar Korea has less than 300 surnames and most of them are uncommon, but here are some of the more common ones I didn't see in your list above. For each of them I probably know a friend, politician or celebrity. Some of them are just other romanization variants of already mentioned surnames.

I could list many first names as well. Traditionally Korean first names contain of two syllables. As there are no real standards for writing your name with Western letters, you might see at least four different possibilities for one first name e.g. Seulgi, Seul-gi, Seul-Gi or Seul Gi. So when I come up with first names, it's up to you to include these names with or without a space or - 

List of surnames:

Rhee, Yi (both are the same as Lee in Korean)

Lim, Im

Jeong, Cheong

Pak (same as Park, even more correct tbh, because the Korean name contains no 'r' here)

Baek, Baik, Paik (all the same in Korean)

Yang

Roh (could more rarely be seen as 'No')

Yoon

Moon

Cho, Jo 

Yoo

Kwon

Ahn

Song

Son

Kyoung

Seo

Heo

Hwang

• Like 1
  • Based 1

1 hour ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

@vcczar Korea has less than 300 surnames and most of them are uncommon, but here are some of the more common ones I didn't see in your list above. For each of them I probably know a friend, politician or celebrity. Some of them are just other romanization variants of already mentioned surnames.

I could list many first names as well. Traditionally Korean first names contain of two syllables. As there are no real standards for writing your name with Western letters, you might see at least four different possibilities for one first name e.g. Seulgi, Seul-gi, Seul-Gi or Seul Gi. So when I come up with first names, it's up to you to include these names with or without a space or - 

List of surnames:

Rhee, Yi (both are the same as Lee in Korean)

Lim, Im

Jeong, Cheong

Pak (same as Park, even more correct tbh, because the Korean name contains no 'r' here)

Baek, Baik, Paik (all the same in Korean)

Yang

Roh (could more rarely be seen as 'No')

Yoon

Moon

Cho, Jo 

Yoo

Kwon

Ahn

Song

Son

Kyoung

Seo

Heo

Hwang

Ok, I've added almost all of these. I didn't add the variants of Park and Lee because I am yet to see a Korean-American that has not converted to Park and Lee. Thanks!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Ok, I've added almost all of these. I didn't add the variants of Park and Lee because I am yet to see a Korean-American that has not converted to Park and Lee. Thanks!

Syngman Rhee is an example

• Thanks 1