The Political Lounge

CE2's 1804 announcement thread

Fellow RPers.

It's 1804 and the 12th amendment was passed.

President Jefferson @Pringles has served for 4 years.

His term is viewed as rather successful by historians, despite some impeachment talks around Vice President @MrPotatoTed Hamilton.

Foreign: 46

Domestic: 86

Economic: 74

Jefferson assembled a strong cabinet incorporating many of his potential political challengers. All of Washington's justices remained on the bench until 1803, when Associate Justice Samuel Adams died. He was replaced by John Randolph of Roanoke. For the next election all eyes are on Associate Justice George Wythe and a potential new seat. 

President Jefferson and Vice President Hamilton are eligible to run again, but will they do?

Will there be new challengers on the horizon? Will old candidates like President Boone @Patine come back again? 

Due to the primary process which will start now after passing of the 12th amendment, please indicate which primary (Federalist or D-R) you are going to compete in!

Please submit your candidacy during the next 24 hours, so we can head to our poll (in which you can take part without being a candidate/player). Maybe the election will start on Wednesday we'll see. Also make up your mind about your potential VP candidate.

@Beetlejuice @Cal @Cenzonico @ConservativeElector2 @DakotaHale @Dobs @Edouard @Entrecampos @Fbarbarossa @Hestia @jnewt @JohnGRobertsJr @Kitten @Magnus Rex @Mishfox @MrPotatoTed @Patine @pilight @Pringles @Rezi @Rodja @Sean F Kennedy @The Blood @themiddlepolitical @Timur @vcczar @WVProgressive @YVDyTaOxlzZr @Zenobiyl @themiddlepolitical @Wiw @jvikings1

1 minute ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

Fellow RPers.

It's 1804 and the 12th amendment was passed.

President Jefferson @Pringles has served for 4 years.

His term is viewed as rather successful by historians, despite some impeachment talks around Vice President @MrPotatoTed Hamilton.

Foreign: 46

Domestic: 86

Economic: 74

Jefferson assembled a strong cabinet incorporating many of his potential political challengers. All of Washington's justices remained on the bench until 1803, when Associate Justice Samuel Adams died. He was replaced by John Randolph of Roanoke. For the next election all eyes are on Associate Justice George Wythe and a potential new seat. 

President Jefferson and Vice President Hamilton are eligible to run again, but will they do?

Will there be new challengers on the horizon? Will old candidates like President Boone @Patine come back again? 

Due to the primary process which will start now after passing of the 12th amendment, please indicate which primary (Federalist or D-R) you are going to compete in!

Please submit your candidacy during the next 24 hours, so we can head to our poll (in which you can take part without being a candidate/player). Maybe the election will start on Wednesday we'll see. Also make up your mind about your potential VP candidate.

@Beetlejuice @Cal @Cenzonico @ConservativeElector2 @DakotaHale @Dobs @Edouard @Entrecampos @Fbarbarossa @Hestia @jnewt @JohnGRobertsJr @Kitten @Magnus Rex @Mishfox @MrPotatoTed @Patine @pilight @Pringles @Rezi @Rodja @Sean F Kennedy @The Blood @themiddlepolitical @Timur @vcczar @WVProgressive @YVDyTaOxlzZr @Zenobiyl @themiddlepolitical @Wiw @jvikings1

President Jefferson announces his re election. Running on his successful term. He chooses none other than James Madison as his running mate.

John Adams, despite his previous switch to being an independent, will announce that he is entering the Federalist primary race to "save the party" from the "deranged" Hamilton. He will paint himself as a principled moderate, calling for industrialization, economic development, and the strengthening of trade with Britain, all while promising to build an Administration "All Americans can be proud of."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pringles said:

President Jefferson announces his re election. Running on his successful term. He chooses none other than James Madison as his running mate.

Oh lol I don't know if someone will claim James Madison to run hahah but yeah if you already want to announce your pick. 

Originally it was intended to be announced after the nomination win 😛 😛 😛

1 minute ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

Oh lol I don't know if someone will claim James Madison to run hahah but yeah if you already want to announce your pick. 

I've made up my mind already. But yeah 😉 😛

9 minutes ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

He's mine, and I'm not running him 😛

Charles C. Pinckney will consider a run, but will instead endorse the candidacy of Lafayette.

Edited by WVProgressive
I'm not running for President

The Federalist Primary is a fucking mess. Two women, one executed and one illiterate? Hamilton barely surviving impeachment, and his wife running by calling for execution? John Adams is alright, sure, but his wife brought scandal to his political career. The signs are clear, Thomas Jefferson will win big unless the Federalists can find someone new.

It’s clear as day that we need a secret weapon
An immigrant, you know and love, who's unafraid to step in
He constantly confused and confounded the British henchmen
Everyone give it up for America's favorite fighting Frenchman

Lafayette!

[Lafayette enters the Federalist Primary as a spiritual successor to Alexander Hamilton, who was tragically killed by Aaron Burr.]

(I’ve been told that my other candidate can’t read so I’m picking someone else)

John Quincy Adams announces a run for president. He condemns his father for letting his mother get executed, and promises to bear the standard for Hamiltonian Progressivism instead of all the FINOS (Federalists In Name Only).

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, Mishfox said:

(I’ve been told that my other candidate can’t read so I’m picking someone else)

John Quincy Adams announces a run for president. He condemns his father for letting his mother get executed, and promises to bear the standard for Hamiltonian Progressivism instead of all the FINOS (Federalists In Name Only).

John Adams will denounce his son, and will declare "I am sad to see what my seed has produced", disowning his own child.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rezi said:

George Jones, new husband of Elizabeth Hamilton, plantation owner and judge from Georgia endorses Jefferson’s re-election 

Lucky for you Hamilton is dead so he can’t do shit 😳

Caleb Strong, Governor of Massachusetts announces his candidacy for the Federalist nomination.

25 minutes ago, Timur said:

Caleb Strong, Governor of Massachusetts announces his candidacy for the Federalist nomination.

Caleb Strong calls for a reasonable debate unlike the ones the Adams family are having.

Rumors have it that a frustrated Caleb Strong is considering a secret meeting with Great Britain if the madness does not stop.

Sec. of War Henry Dearborn asks Pres. Thomas Jefferson for a VP position. @Pringles

Sec. Dearborn was going to run for VP in the old election rules.

Edited by themiddlepolitical

3 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

Sec. of War Henry Dearborn asks Pres. Thomas Jefferson for a VP position. @Pringles

Sec. Dearborn was going to run for VP in the old election rules.

That offer was already extended to Mr. Madison. However, you may replace him as Secretary of State if you wish.

2 minutes ago, Pringles said:

That offer was already extended to Mr. Madison. However, you may replace him as Secretary of State if you wish.

Sec. Dearborn mulls endorsements, as he reached out to Jefferson years ago and did not receive an answer on a VP spot, before Madison was selected

Sec. Dearborn announces that he will accept Jefferson's Sec. of State offer, endorses him

"To another strong 4 years domestically and abroad"

@Pringles

• Thanks 1

Sec. Dearborn does say that he hopes President Boone returns (@Patine) and runs for the Federalist nomination.

"I endorse Pres. Jefferson fully, and will serve to the highest of regards, but I hope the Federalists select former President Boone, just in the case we do unfortunately lose, we will have competent leadership"

"Save that party before it destroys America" he sends in a letter to Former President Boone

Edited by themiddlepolitical

Just now, themiddlepolitical said:

Sec. Dearborn does say that he hopes President Boone returns (@Patine) and runs for the Federalist nomination.

"I endorse Pres. Jefferson fully, and will serve to the highest of regards, but I hope the Federalists select former President Boone, just in the case we do unfortunately lose, we will have competent leadership"

Was Boone a federalist? I thought he was an independent tbh. I would vote for him either way though.

Just now, Zenobiyl said:

Was Boone a federalist? I thought he was an independent tbh. I would vote for him either way though.

Idk but either way it would make sense in this regard to not challenge an incumbent president in his own primary