The Political Lounge

Republicans I At Least Mildly Respect

vcczar

1 minute ago, Patine said:

No, I'm not strict sci-fi. I just haven't seen that movie. Though Jack Nicholson was the best Joker, in my opinion.

Nicholson is much more... darkly charming... if that makes sense. Ledger is just complete darkness. His humor is a Joker only laughing matter. They're both very good in my opinion.

1 minute ago, DakotaHale said:

Me and the boys think Heath Ledger and Joaquin Phoenix were the best joker here

Joaquin is such a great actor but I can't say he's a good Joker. That movie sucked if I'm being honest. 😛 

Just now, Pringles said:

Joaquin is such a great actor but I can't say he's a good Joker. That movie sucked if I'm being honest. 😛 

them's fightin words around here boah

That and Once Upon a Time In Hollywood were probably my favorite movies of 2019

1 minute ago, DakotaHale said:

them's fightin words around here boah

That and Once Upon a Time In Hollywood were probably my favorite movies of 2019

Now Once Upon a Time In Hollywood... that's an epic movie. Love that.

3 minutes ago, Pringles said:

Only movie I ever walked out of 😛 Though it's because I hate suspense. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pringles said:

Now Once Upon a Time In Hollywood... that's an epic movie. Love that.

Cliff Booth is who every dad thinks they'll be like in their 50s. Also I love any movie where I get to see hippies killed on screen by Brad Pitt

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

The only movie I ever walked out of was Highlander 3: the Sorcerer. Fortunately, I went when it had gone to the dollar theatres after it's full, initial price theatre run... 😛

Every time I hear Highlander or James Bond I think of Sean Connery and become sad. 😞 

3 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Cliff Booth is who every dad thinks they'll be like in their 50s. Also I love any movie where I get to see hippies killed on screen by Brad Pitt

YES LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

• Any any other GOP member I'm forgetting that has consistently opposed Trumpism.

LIke Mona Charen, Charlie Sykes, Jonah Goldberg, John Katko, David French, Bill Kristol, Jeb Bush, Jennifer Rubin, (maybe) Condoleezza Rice, Evan McMullin, Adam Kinzinger, Russell D. Moore, the editors of Christianity Today, etc.

Edited by Timur
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Patine said:

Just opposing Trumpism shouldn't be sufficient in and of itself, as least as I see things, because then George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Henry Kissinger, Condoleeza Rice, Michael Bolton, Lindsay Graham, Donald Rumsfeld, Karl Rove, and others like them would have to have be included, and I hold no more respect for that crowd than for Trump and his cronies, albeit for different reasons.

Michael Bolton?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bolton

I didn't know this guy was a Republican.:classic_tongue:

5 hours ago, Patine said:

Just opposing Trumpism shouldn't be sufficient in and of itself, as least as I see things, because then George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Henry Kissinger, Condoleeza Rice, Michael Bolton, Lindsay Graham, Donald Rumsfeld, Karl Rove, and others like them would have to have be included, and I hold no more respect for that crowd than for Trump and his cronies, albeit for different reasons.

I respect those who remain consistent on these matters. Ironically, Trump has caused neocons to gravity towards the Democratic Party now, thus exposing a lot of hypocrisy on that size on the war issue. Both sides (particularly the Establishments of both) like to use war as a political tool and then do nothing about it once actually in office.

• Thanks 1