The Political Lounge

CE2's 1804 runoff poll

Who would you vote for? (Run-off)  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Fmr Secy of State John Adams - The Blood
    • Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette - Zenobiyl

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/2021 at 01:58 PM

8 minutes ago, Mishfox said:

John Adams didnt respond to my offer so John Quincy Adams will oppose him, just like I said.

What offer? I haven't been checking up on the forum enough to read every thread, lol.

Just now, Mishfox said:

For me to become your Vice President. Too late now, offer cancelled.

Dude, ping me if you want me to see something, lol, I probably could've taken you up on the offer.

14 minutes ago, The Blood said:

Seeing these initial results, Adams will concede the race and endorse Lafayette in the name of party unity. @Zenobiyl

Lafayette personally meets with Adams to thank him for the magnanimous concession, and promises to work with him in the general election and in a potential federalist administration should he win.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

President Jefferson offers his congratulations to Lafayette. Championing him as a worthy opponent rather than the other radicals that were running. (I wonder who.)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pringles said:

President Jefferson offers his congratulations to Lafayette. Championing him as a worthy opponent rather than the other radicals that were running. (I wonder who.)

In light of Jefferson’s kind words Lafayette makes a novel pledge to run a campaign focused on the issues instead of personal attacks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pringles said:

Abigail Adams and John Jay perhaps?:classic_tongue:

BTW,

"In 1800 and other elections, the Federalists targeted infidelity in any form. They repeatedly charged that Republican candidates, especially Jefferson, were atheistic or nonreligious." - Wikipedia

Wow, my roleplaying wasn't so unrealistic at all.

3 minutes ago, Timur said:

BTW,

"In 1800 and other elections, the Federalists targeted infidelity in any form. They repeatedly charged that Republican candidates, especially Jefferson, were atheistic or nonreligious." - Wikipedia

Yep. One of the many other reasons as to why I hate the Federalist Party. Riddled with elitism, nativism, bigotry, and intolerance. 😛 

4 minutes ago, Timur said:

BTW,

Yeah, I know the campaigns were nasty IRL but I’m just sick of the mudslinging after the last two elections where people were accused of rape and being gay etc etc. We need a chill election.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Zenobiyl said:

In light of Jefferson’s kind words Lafayette makes a novel pledge to run a campaign focused on the issues instead of personal attacks.

NY Senator Dewitt Clinton reaches out to Lafayette and asks for the VP spot

"Me and future president Lafayette shall bring this party to a stable future, and we shall bring him NY and beyond"

He proposes the campaign slogan

"Lafayette and Clinton for stable and sustainable leadership"

Edited by themiddlepolitical
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

NY Senator Dewitt Clinton reaches out to Lafayette and asks for the VP spot

"Me and future president Lafayette shall bring this party to a stable future, and we shall bring him NY and beyond"

He proposes the campaign slogan

"Lafayette and Clinton for stable and sustainable leadership"

@Zenobiyl

Edited by themiddlepolitical

Just now, themiddlepolitical said:

Sec. Deerbourn endorses his President, Thomas Jefferson for president

NY Sen. Dewitt Clinton does the same, crossing party lines, after flipping his vote to push LaFayette forward with no compensation. 

@Pringles

President Jefferson thanks Senator Clinton and promises a reward in his cabinet should he win the election.