The Political Lounge

If You Were President Survey

vcczar

I'm curious how you all respond to this. Respond to the questions below. Try to be both specific and concise so you will be read: 

1. What would be your party identification?
  2. In what ways might you reorganize the executive branch, cabinet, etc?
  3. What executive orders would you issue?
  4. What would be your major foreign policy goals with allies and "foes"?
  5. What would be your major goals with the US military, Defense, nuclear weapons, and US intelligence?
  6. What would be your major economic, finance, and trade goals?
  7. What would be your major judicial, civil rights, and civil liberties goals?
  8. What would be your major science, space, exploration, and technology goals?
  9. What would be your major goals in regards to agriculture and rural America?
  10. What would be your major goals in regards to housing, welfare, and urban America?
  11. What would be your major labor and business goals?
  12. What would be your major goals regarding energy, alternate energy, environment, climate, and conservation?
  13. What would be your major healthcare, childcare, abortion, aging, disabilities, and other health-related goals?
  14. What would be your major goals regarding arts, culture, and the media?
  15. What would be your major goals for transportation and infrastructure?
  16. What would be your policy for handling natural disasters and emergencies -- Katrina-like hurricanes, COVID-like pandemics, 9/11-like terrrorist attacks, etc. 
  17. What would be your policy for handling Congress if you possess about 55% control of both Houses?
  18. What would be your policy for handling Congress if you possess only about 45% of both Houses and with the other party in control of both Houses?
  19. What would your policy be if a Jan 6-like insurrection occurs during your presidency, whether conducted by your supporters or the supporters of your opponent?
  20. What would be your communication policy, rhetoric, relations with the opposition party and their voters, etc. 
  21. What are some of your misc policies that cannot be captured in the questions above?
  22. Considering everything that you wrote, do you think you would be a successful president if you were elected for 2024? Will your policies succeed?

@Beetlejuice @Cal @Cenzonico @ConservativeElector2 @DakotaHale @Dobs @Edouard @Entrecampos @Fbarbarossa @Hestia @jnewt @JohnGRobertsJr @Kitten @Magnus Rex @Mishfox @MrPotatoTed @Patine @pilight @Pringles @Rezi @Rodja @Sean F Kennedy @The Blood @themiddlepolitical @Timur @vcczar @WVProgressive @YVDyTaOxlzZr @Zenobiyl @themiddlepolitical @jvikings1 @Wiw

1. What would be your party identification? Republican
  2. In what ways might you reorganize the executive branch, cabinet, etc? Not entirely sure what this is asking, but I'd keep everything largely the same. I would not create any new positions, etc. 
  3. What executive orders would you issue? I'd immediately start off by rescinding the Biden Executive Order that halted construction of the Keystone Pipeline. I'd likely sign executive orders furthering the strength of our alliance with Israel, I'd sign orders tackling racism, anti-semitism especially, etc. I'd sign an executive order reaffirming America's commitment on the global scale, and I'd do whatever it takes to make it extremely hard for people like Trump to leave the WHO, Paris Agreement, NATO, UN, etc. All of these organizations and more I would want to reaffirm America's role, and commit to what I'd call, a new "Internationalism." 
  4. What would be your major foreign policy goals with allies and "foes"? Strengthen our relationships with allies, UN, NATO, and Israel. Be firm on Russia, China, North Korea, Saudi Arabia. Announce a clear distinction that the days of Trump sucking up to our enemies rather than our allies, are over.
  5. What would be your major goals with the US military, Defense, nuclear weapons, and US intelligence? Re-appropriate or allocate funding towards new technology in our military and focus more on our firepower, and less on manpower. We need plenty of manpower for sure, but drone strikes and other means should always be the first option before risking an American life. US intelligence should monitor China and Russia more, but more importantly on any potential meddling in our elections. 
  6. What would be your major economic, finance, and trade goals? Less of a hawk on trade than Trump, so more free, but fair free trade deals. Ensure workers rights are protected. Stop the useless trade wars, unless we REALLY need to send China a message. Lower taxes on the middle class, generally encourage "New Federalism." Economic and Government power should flow from the national government to the states. Keep social security as is, allow private investment, but no cuts to social security, no privatization. 
  7. What would be your major judicial, civil rights, and civil liberties goals? In the event of Supreme Court nominees: I would appoint Conservatives in the mold of John Roberts, and Neil Gorsuch but also moderates such as Anthony Kennedy. Civil rights and civil liberties movements should have confidence restored in their Government and our justice system. Biden is trying to do this with people like Garland as Attorney General. I generally think this is a good idea. I'd be more lax on drug crimes, legalize marijuana at the federal level and slap a 100% tax on it. 
  8. What would be your major science, space, exploration, and technology goals? More space funding, more space exploration, work with SpaceX and our allies on peaceful exploration of Space, hope for a Space Hotel/Moon Base, and maybe even a Mars colony in the next 50+ years. 
  9. What would be your major goals in regards to agriculture and rural America? Stop useless trade wars that hurt our farmers. Protect their benefits, however, keep the government off their backs and ensure they are left to the job in their most effective way. Farmers are a lifeblood of our society, treat em like it. 
  10. What would be your major goals in regards to housing, welfare, and urban America? Urban America is struggling due to extremely high prices, many examples of bad living conditions, crime, and all of the above. They need more economic incentive. Crack down on abusers of the welfare system, but protect those who are on it responsibly. 
  11. What would be your major labor and business goals? Middle class tax cuts will allow increased consumer spending and will hopefully give our businesses the kick they need. Pro-Small Business, decrease regulations on small business that hinder their ability to grow. Concerning labor, labor unions are fine as they ensure the needs of the workers are heard. However, many labor unions are corrupt, and many states require you to join a labor union before you get a job. (Teacher Unions as an example.) Seek to encourage the removal of the requirement to join labor unions. Labor Unions should be an optional thing, always. 
  12. What would be your major goals regarding energy, alternate energy, environment, climate, and conservation? Support the Paris Agreement, and support moderate measures to combat climate change. However, total opposition to Green New Deal, and extreme regulations on cars, oil, airplanes, etc. 
  13. What would be your major healthcare, childcare, abortion, aging, disabilities, and other health-related goals? Pro Life, except in the health of a mother. Encourage the support of heartbeat bills. Unrestricted abortion is not only a moral evil, but it is also in violation of the Constitution (14th Amendment). Repeal and replace is not a good idea, generally keep healthcare as is and focus on ensuring there is competition between health insurance companies so people can get the low rates they need. 
  14. What would be your major goals regarding arts, culture, and the media? Media culture needs to be improved, considering bringing back the Fairness Doctrine. 
  15. What would be your major goals for transportation and infrastructure? Both rural and urban areas need improved infrastructure. Prioritize areas that (in my opinion) are left behind, like Iowa and South Carolina roads which are a complete disaster. Cities have much more funding to allocate to this sort of thing. 
  16. What would be your policy for handling natural disasters and emergencies -- Katrina-like hurricanes, COVID-like pandemics, 9/11-like terrrorist attacks, etc. Strong response to any natural disaster or crisis. Ensure states get the funding they need in the event of a disaster (if they are struggling that is. Don't want them to take advantage of the Government now would we?) I completely support President Bush's 9/11 response, so that should say a lot about what I'd do. 
  17. What would be your policy for handling Congress if you possess about 55% control of both Houses? With 55% control I think we can push our agenda through without major hiccups, however, I always believe in extending an olive branch to the other side. It's up to them to join us. 
  18. What would be your policy for handling Congress if you possess only about 45% of both Houses and with the other party in control of both Houses? McCain approach similar to above. Can't really say entirely because it depends on the situation, what they opposition is oppposing, etc. 
  19. What would your policy be if a Jan 6-like insurrection occurs during your presidency, whether conducted by your supporters or the supporters of your opponent? Absolute condemnation of an insurrection, denounce my supporters for doing so if that is the case, denounce my opponents supporters (Trump) and call for investigation. January 6th was a complete, utter, attack on our Democracy and our Government. The people who participated in the rioting, attacking of police officers, and damaging of our Capitol should be held in account to the absolute extent of the law. They are domestic terrorists. They are borderline traitors. 
  20. What would be your communication policy, rhetoric, relations with the opposition party and their voters, etc. Strong in my beliefs, but respecting of one another. McCain approach, Reagan approach, Bush approach, literally everyone before Trump are good examples. 
  21. What are some of your misc policies that cannot be captured in the questions above? Im getting tired of typing now so nothing for now haha. 
  22. Considering everything that you wrote, do you think you would be a successful president if you were elected for 2024? Will your policies succeed? I think in a normal time I would be. But half the Republican Party (Trumpists) would probably not like me, and I recognize that. I think I would generally be a successful bipartisan, Moderate Conservative President. However, it is not entirely up to me to judge myself on this kind of thing. 

(Lot of typing. Sorry for vague answers, I just don't have the time right now to write a book for every position I have in the world)

Edited by Pringles
  • Thanks 1

I'll give this a try. My knowledge on some things may is lacking.

1. What would be your party identification: Republican or Independent
  2. In what ways might you reorganize the executive branch, cabinet, etc?: Keep things according to status quo. Let Congress decide how it should be reorganized.
  3. What executive orders would you issue?: Not sure
  4. What would be your major foreign policy goals with allies and "foes"?: Strong relationship with Europe, South Korea, Japan, Israel, and other allies, but also maintain our interests. Maintain good relationship with Saudi Arabia only if they progress in their human rights record. Be firm against Russia and China, especially the latter. Strong hardline policy against North Korea. Maintain a balance between Nationalism and Globalism.
  5. What would be your major goals with the US military, Defense, nuclear weapons, and US intelligence?: Withdraw from Afghanistan and Libya. Maintain the status quo. Abolish or reform the CIA if possible. Defense spending should not be raised, but should be maintained at a reasonable level.
  6. What would be your major economic, finance, and trade goals?: Sign free trade agreements all over the world. Raise taxes for rich, and reduce spending to tackle the debt. Keep social security as it is.
  7. What would be your major judicial, civil rights, and civil liberties goals?: Bring in Conservative judges. Police reform, but no to defunding or abolishing the police (especially the latter). Categorize White Supremacist groups (the violent ones like the KKK) as terrorist groups. Make Holocaust education mandatory. I do not support Marijuana legalization, but I think penalties should be lowered: (e.g. Portugal).
  8. What would be your major science, space, exploration, and technology goals?: Give funds to research future technology.
  9. What would be your major goals in regards to agriculture and rural America?: Let farmers do what they want. Give them benefits.
  10. What would be your major goals in regards to housing, welfare, and urban America?: Support fighting crime in the streets.
  11. What would be your major labor and business goals?: Punish corruption in Wall Street and other business, and lay down measures that make sure that corrupt businessmen are held to account. Improve conditions in labor. Raise taxes on the rich, lower taxes on the poor and middle class.
  12. What would be your major goals regarding energy, alternate energy, environment, climate, and conservation?: Support renewable energy and nuclear energy. Support further research into renewable and nuclear energy and other potential energy sources.
  13. What would be your major healthcare, childcare, abortion, aging, disabilities, and other health-related goals?: Support universal healthcare. Mandatory private insurance (the Swiss system). No to abortion except the mother's life. No to funding Planned Parenthood.
  14. What would be your major goals regarding arts, culture, and the media?: Restore the Fairness Doctrine.
  15. What would be your major goals for transportation and infrastructure?: Improve public transportation nationwide (like railways and bus systems) so that Americans will have other options other than driving a car.
  16. What would be your policy for handling natural disasters and emergencies -- Katrina-like hurricanes, COVID-like pandemics, 9/11-like terrorist attacks, etc. : Respond immediately.
  17. What would be your policy for handling Congress if you possess about 55% control of both Houses?: Urge my party to support my policies, but listen to suggestions from the other side as well.
  18. What would be your policy for handling Congress if you possess only about 45% of both Houses and with the other party in control of both Houses?: Compromise would be preferred in most cases, but sometimes a veto will be necessary.
  19. What would your policy be if a Jan 6-like insurrection occurs during your presidency, whether conducted by your supporters or the supporters of your opponent?: Life sentence to everyone who participates or instigates such an insurrection. No pardons whatsoever. Stronger policing.
  20. What would be your communication policy, rhetoric, relations with the opposition party and their voters, etc.: Compromise. Certainly better than drama.
  21. What are some of your misc policies that cannot be captured in the questions above?: Dealth penalty or life sentence for murder. A life sentence for child molesters, kidnappers, human traffickers, and rapists as well.
  22. Considering everything that you wrote, do you think you would be a successful president if you were elected for 2024? Will your policies succeed: I expect to be a somewhat below-average President. Some policies will succeed, some won't.
  23. Sorry for my short/and probably sometimes bad answers.
Edited by Timur
  • Thanks 1

What would be your party identification?

Democrat, but I'd create a new Social Democracy Party if I end up having a 60%+ approval. 

In what ways might you reorganize the executive branch, cabinet, etc?

I'd create a cabinet post for Manufacturing, Environment, Science & Technology, and Arts & Culture. I'd also create a Department of Peace. 

What executive orders would you issue?

I'd make sure all of Trump's orders are undone. I'd make an executive order establishing a living wage and universal healthcare for all federal workers. I'd eliminate student debt for all debtors after 10 years out of college if their income is below a certain threshold, if they are disabled or have preexisting conditions, or if they've been consistent with routine income-based repayments. Any debt held by companies not part of the Federal government will likely require legislation to be forced in compliance. My executive orders will be used primarily to set a standard at the federal level for what the states aught to do. 

What would be your major foreign policy goals with allies and "foes"?

I would aim to strengthen alliances with most of our current allies. However, I will oppose bellicosity by allies that provokes violence. I'd like trying to defuse tensions with Cuba, Venezuela, Iran, China, and Russia. Although, if they don't reach me half way, then I'll give up on it and maintain status quo. I would completely ignore North Korea unless they fire missile. Foreign Policy won't be the focus of my presidency. 

What would be your major goals with the US military, Defense, nuclear weapons, and US intelligence?

I'd intervene only if attacked or to prevent a humanitarian crisis, such as genocide. I'd defend invaded allies provided the ally is the victim in the matter. I'd reduce the nuclear arsenal so long as the other nuclear powers do the same. The CIA will be used strictly for intelligence gathering for true national defense. I think if I were to use the CIA for covert ops it would be to provoke a Democratic revolution in North Korea. If done, however, the US will not nation build other than provide federal aid to help the country rebuild. Koreans will have total say on their new country and we will be happy to help them make a freer, possibly unified Korean nation. 

What would be your major economic, finance, and trade goals?

Aside for audits and transparency and anti-corruption efforts, there will be little change here. Despite my embrace of social democracy, I do favor free trade and a lot of capitalistic things. My major efforts in this area will be about efficient, pro-active safety nets for those US Citizens that struggle under our capitalistic system. More job-finding funding. More technical education. Subsidies to help relocate unemployed or underemployed US Citizens to areas where there is work if they want it. For instance, if an urban neighborhood has high unemployment and difficulty finding employment, I could attempt to offer affordable relocation, jobs, job training, housing in another state where workers are in high demand.  Perhaps somehow tie welfare to this experimental system. I'd consider a universal basic income as an alternative to this. 

What would be your major judicial, civil rights, and civil liberties goals?

I'd appoint only secular justices. Despite my own activism, I would not appoint activists judges. They would left-leaning moderates like Merrick Garland, for instance. I'd create a committee of Civil Rights Activists, NRA leaders, police leaders, and gun safety theorists to find some sort of common ground on guns. I think including the NRA and police leaders in this might deflate opposition to gun reform. I'd increase funding for police mental health and recommend a retirement age or more time off for mental recovery. I'd have this commission come up with pro-active rewards and punishments good or bad policing in regards to race. In regards to civil liberties, I'm mostly okay with private businesses and private people operating as they like, so long as no one is physically hurt. However, public businesses and people in public businesses or public land must abide by strictly-enforced Civil Rights laws. Efforts at equity will be attempted elsewhere also but this will also require some conservatives being on the committee to gather feedback from an alternative viewpoint. 

What would be your major science, space, exploration, and technology goals?

Major increase in funding across the board. Retire outdated technologies in government, military, etc. Major increase in education technologies, scientific-research, and space exploration. 

What would be your major goals in regards to agriculture and rural America?

I'd make it a major goal to make the Democratic Party more palatable to rural America. I'd tour rural America far more than any other president has. I'd make trade deals the benefit farmers. I'd make farming more competitive in areas where small farmers are being crushed by big farmers, especially if successful small farmers would collectively produce more jobs and products if not under the thumb of big farmers. Any goods that are overproduced will not be burned or sent overseas. While some may be sent overseas as aid, I'd make it a policy to bring overproduced healthy foods to urban food deserts. I'd try bind the wounds between rural and urban America. Perhaps create something like a Peace Corps in which young rural Americans spend a year in a city and young urban Americans spend a year in the country. 

What would be your major goals in regards to housing, welfare, and urban America?

I've mentioned some things that could amount to welfare reform above. I'd like to reform welfare by having the government provide temporary housing and jobs for unemployed or underemployed Americans who are not disabled or elderly or are not caring for a disable or elderly person fulltime, although this might require relocation, which will be subsidized by the government. Anyone that cannot work for a valid reason as given in this paragraph will be provided standard welfare and/or housing. Anyone not working for an invalid reason will lose any federal welfare and it will be up to the state to figure out what to do with them. Job finding services and job training services will be expanded. My goals is to get people off welfare and into decently-paying, decently-respectable work. 

What would be your major labor and business goals?

I'd attempt to pass major labor union reform. I'd attempt to clear out labor union corruption by making labor unions led by employees rather than by labor union leaders. Employees would select their leader among their employees. Term limits would be set. All employees join their company's labor union by the end of their first year at work. Companies can pretty much handle their employees however they want until they reach that year, so they can fire lazy workers. If an employee makes it a year, then they are protected, except for special circumstances. There will be no city-wide labor union for a profession. Labor Unions will be tied to the business. There will be some leeway for businesses to remove employees that show a clear drop off in production or in behavior, but there will be a process so that neither side abuses this. Aside from this, labor unions will operate as they generally do, looking out for the workers. The management and the owner of the business will also be part of the labor union, getting a vote each on any labor union votes. I'd personally aim for a living wage, 3 weeks vacation, parental leave, bereavement, etc. 

What would be your major goals regarding energy, alternate energy, environment, climate, and conservation?

I'd make a dramatic shift to alternative energy. To prevent obstruction, I'd work with fossil fuel, oil, gas companies to help them convert to alt energy companies. I'd make major efforts to work with other major countries to reduce climate change. Conservation would return at a level not seen since the Progressive Era. 

What would be your major healthcare, childcare, abortion, aging, disabilities, and other health-related goals?

I'd allow American to purchase medication from other countries to help drive down drug prices. I'd aim for universal, single-payer healthcare, at least for poor Americans. Increase in funding to senior centers to improve the condition of these places and increase wages of those helping the elderly in their final years. I'd let the states decide on abortion, but any state that is too strict on abortion, I'd probably open planned parenthood-like centers on federal property within the state that are very strict on abortion. Most people don't get an abortion unless it's absolutely necessary anyway. Hardly anyone gets one just because they don't want a baby. 

What would be your major goals regarding arts, culture, and the media?

I'd make an effort to promote much of this frequently nationwide and at the White House. For the media, I'd recommend some sort of reform to make new non-partisan, neutral, and less like propaganda. 

What would be your major goals for transportation and infrastructure?

Much of this would be in line with my environmental efforts. Once can make improvements in these areas in line with environmental efforts. Lots of jobs here. 

What would be your policy for handling natural disasters and emergencies -- Katrina-like hurricanes, COVID-like pandemics, 9/11-like terrrorist attacks, etc. 

I wouldn't pinch any pennies. Recovery must get what it needs. Quick, complete and efficient responses. I won't just throw money at it and hope it resolves the issue. Money and pro-activity is necessary. 

What would be your policy for handling Congress if you possess about 55% control of both Houses?

I'd pretty much push all of the above with little extra compromising. 

What would be your policy for handling Congress if you possess only about 45% of both Houses and with the other party in control of both Houses?

I'd make some compromises. I'd also give GOP members full credit for helping in reform. Same if I control Congress. 

What would your policy be if a Jan 6-like insurrection occurs during your presidency, whether conducted by your supporters or the supporters of your opponent?

I would condemn and arrest my own supporters. I'd call for an investigation. If they think my rhetoric prompted it, I'll accept responsibility and any punishment asked of me. I would be just as frank to opponents that caused the insurrection.

What would be your communication policy, rhetoric, relations with the opposition party and their voters, etc. 

No insults. I'd stick to my policies, but I'd make strong efforts to allow the opposition to be part of the exciting change. No vilification. I'll make sure to say great things of the opposition when they are helpful or provide constructive criticism (so long as it is constructive). I would not use social media as a means for creating policy. 

What are some of your misc policies that cannot be captured in the questions above?

I've mentioned my idea for an "opt-out clause" and "exception clause" in other posts. Basically a way to give states more say while also keeping progressivism moving forward. 

Considering everything that you wrote, do you think you would be a successful president if you were elected for 2024? Will your policies succeed?

I don't expect to be successful primarily because of polarization and obstructionism. I have a lot of ideas in here. My goal is to make at least one major needed policy success. You'll note a lot of my ideas are hatched out with the idea of deflating obstruction by being more inclusive. 

1. What would be your party identification? Moderate Democrat.  Happy to work with Republicans who are willing to work with me, but I'd have low expectations of succeeding in those attempts in these polarized times.

2. In what ways might you reorganize the executive branch, cabinet, etc? I'd definitely take a harder look at the Space Force and why that can't just remain a function of the Air Force.  If it turns out there is merit in having a distinct Space Force, then I might take it to the next level and add a Cyberspace Force as well, as most of the attacks on our nation these days seem to be of the computer variety.  

3. What executive orders would you issue?  I'd give a 90 day deadline for the closure of all US immigration child retention camps.  I'm open to better ideas, but if nobody comes to me with a better idea in 90 days, then...after an honest effort to reunite every kid with their actual parent...we'll move the children into foster care at federal expense where they can be raised in a family and not a prison, because, you know, for fuck's sake already with keeping kids in cages.  Enough.  Be a goddamned human being.

4. What would be your major foreign policy goals with allies and "foes"?   I'm happy to work with anyone who is willing to work with me -- but I expect that work to produce results.  If you promise one thing but do another, well, "speak softly and carry a big stick."  Your actions will have consequences, and examples will be made to keep the rest of our foes in line.  

5. What would be your major goals with the US military, Defense, nuclear weapons, and US intelligence? We do not need more nuclear weapons, though we do need to maintain our current arsenal as a deterrent.  Beyond that, our primary goal is to ensure that we remain the lone superpower.  We do this by ensuring total domination of sea  (as we have since the end of WWII) and expanding that into space -- nothing happens on the ocean that we do not choose to allow.  We need to ensure the same in space.  As far as land goes, to remain the lone superpower, we need to ensure regional balance everywhere.  No one power should be permitted to dominate the middle east, for example, or in Europe.  If you have tensions with your neighbor, then you're not secure enough to be a threat to us.  Good.   Russia, China, and arguably Iran are the most obvious regional threats (though they're balanced in part by European powers, Israel, and Japan/South Korea).  They're as likely to collapse in on themselves once more as they are to rise to our level -- but we must ensure that reality does not tilt against our favor, as it could be life threatening.

6. What would be your major economic, finance, and trade goals? Soak the rich, invest in education.  An educated population is the answer to every problem.

7. What would be your major judicial, civil rights, and civil liberties goals?  Equality for all -- women, LGBTQ, people of color, their status and security in this country should never be less than that of a straight white male.  However, I am not an advocate for repealing drug laws, including marijuana.  Address the racial inequality of prosecution, yes, but not by turning a blind eye to crime.

8. What would be your major science, space, exploration, and technology goals?  I'd look into the possibility of reigniting NASA and even upping it to a cabinet level position.

9. What would be your major goals in regards to agriculture and rural America? Honestly, it just wouldn't be a major focus of mine.  I'd likely just keep the current policies in place unless something major happened to grab my attention there.

10. What would be your major goals in regards to housing, welfare, and urban America?   Invest in education.  Inner city schools are a blight that creates and exacerbates the community around it.  

11. What would be your major labor and business goals?  I think a $15 minimum wage is probably sustainable -- but I also note that many businesses have already moved to that level voluntarily.  I might be interested in just letting that play out for a bit.  Let the best workers naturally radiate towards the higher paying entry level jobs.  My theory is those businesses will succeed by attracting the best talent, and thus the under-paying businesses will eventually collapse or up their pay to.  But it's just a theory, let's examine it and see.

12. What would be your major goals regarding energy, alternate energy, environment, climate, and conservation? I'm not educated enough on this front to have a specific plan -- I'd rely on my advisors to help me set the best path forward.  As a general philosophy, my main priority in life is my daughter, so my major goal is ensuring I'm leaving a planet that she and her potential future descendants can thrive on.

13. What would be your major healthcare, childcare, abortion, aging, disabilities, and other health-related goals?  Universal preschool, meaning that it's free to those who can't afford to pay.  And full-day kindergarten at every public school.  Childcare issues are a huge barrier for young families to be able to work, creating welfare and/or family insecurity.  Anyone who is against welfare and considers themselves "pro family" should be in favor of free preschool and full-day kindergarten.  Likewise, childcare issues directly impact pay equality by taking the mother (usually, but not always) out of her career trajectory for years.  So those who support pay equality should also support free preschool and full-day kindergarten.  This should be a top bipartisan priority.

14. What would be your major goals regarding arts, culture, and the media?   I was a theater kid, and so I strongly support arts programs in public schools.  But beyond that, I have other things to do as President.  You're not going to spot me at a lot of ballets and concertos.

15. What would be your major goals for transportation and infrastructure? I know bridges are a real problem that need immediate fixing, so funding that is a priority.  But beyond that, I'll trust my Secretary of Transportation to do his job.

16. What would be your policy for handling natural disasters and emergencies -- Katrina-like hurricanes, COVID-like pandemics, 9/11-like terrrorist attacks, etc. State disasters will be solved by state leaders (with federal funding assistance when necessary).  Disasters impacting multiple states (such as COVID) are the purview of the Federal Government to lead.  In these cases, I will promote honest public assessments and ensuring all resources are provided in a timely manner.  Constant communication will be a top priority.  Whatever other issues he might have, I admired Gov. Cuomo's daily news briefings on the COVID front.  That's a model I would follow.

17. What would be your policy for handling Congress if you possess about 55% control of both Houses? Walking the line between accomplishing what we can while we can accomplish it, but not creating a backlash that will put us in the minority at the next midterm.

18. What would be your policy for handling Congress if you possess only about 45% of both Houses and with the other party in control of both Houses? Accomplishing emergency response, bridge repair, job creation - these kinds of bipartisan things.  I'm not playing political games, I'm here to get work done.

19. What would your policy be if a Jan 6-like insurrection occurs during your presidency, whether conducted by your supporters or the supporters of your opponent?   They're trespassers and they'll be arrested, tried, and presumably convicted of their crimes.  If it were election related and I'd lost, I'd be very clear from the beginning that I'd lost a fair election, congratulate my opponent, and pledge my support in a peaceful transition of power just as all of my predecessors sans Trump have done.

20. What would be your communication policy, rhetoric, relations with the opposition party and their voters, etc.   Honesty.  I hope you'd never hear me say "The Republicans are doing this, the Republicans refuse to do that."  Rather, I'd call out the individuals who were getting the way of real work getting done.  When you denounce a party, you denounce the voters of that party.  That doesn't get you anywhere.  But denounce an individual, and you can convince their supporters to turn against them.  

21. What are some of your misc policies that cannot be captured in the questions above? Mandatory Hot Pretzel Thursdays.

22. Considering everything that you wrote, do you think you would be a successful president if you were elected for 2024? Will your policies succeed?   I'd likely be a one-term President.  And that would be okay, because it would be a term I'd be proud of.
Edited by MrPotatoTed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1. What would be your party identification? Democrat
  2. In what ways might you reorganize the executive branch, cabinet, etc? I'd refuse to fill, and try to get rid of the Department of Homeland Security, and the Director of National Intelligence, with their functions absorbed by the CIA. I'd split the Department of Health, and Human Services into the Department of Health, and the Department of Social Services. I'd also elevate the OSTP to become the Department of Science, and Technology. Finally, I'd elevate the Administrator of NASA to a cabinet level office.
  3. What executive orders would you issue? It would depend on a number of factors. I'd probably role back the worst excesses of my predecessors, and if congress doesn't want to pass my agenda, then I'm not opposed to using executive orders to get stuff done.
  4. What would be your major foreign policy goals with allies and "foes"? My basic foreign policy would be this: If you're a Democratic nation, with Liberal values, then your a friend of America, if you're an Un-Democratic, Authoritarian country, you're an enemy of America. 
  5. What would be your major goals with the US military, Defense, nuclear weapons, and US intelligence? I believe the velvet glove works better than the iron gauntlet. That said, we have the most powerful military the world has ever seen, and we shouldn't be afraid to flex our muscle to help Democratic movements across the world. I'd focus on updating our military tech, rather than increasing the raw number of weapons we have. Quality over Quantity basically. Look into automating warfare, robot soldiers, and the like.
  6. What would be your major economic, finance, and trade goals? My main economic goal will be to democratize the economy. I'd do this by encouraging worker co-ops, bringing in a UBI, and NHS system, and breaking up large companies, and banks. My trade goals will be to further American dominance over the world market through free-and-fair trade. Give Small Business, Entrepreneurs, and the Self Employed a leg up in the fight against wall street, big box stores, Walmart, and other massive businesses.
  7. What would be your major judicial, civil rights, and civil liberties goals? I'd focus on ensuring Civil Rights protections for the LGBTQ+ community. I'd try to maintain an ideological balance on the Supreme Court. I'd seek to get rid of the PATRIOT Act, and other such acts that encroach our civil liberties. I'd crack down on Anti-Democratic movements in America, such as White Supremacists, Marxist-Leninists, and other similar authoritarian ilk. Treat drug addiction like a mental illness, and legalize, tax, and regulate soft drugs like weed, or LSD. Protect voting rights, and fight any attempts to restrict voting.
  8. What would be your major science, space, exploration, and technology goals? Massive increase in funding for science, with an emphasis on space exploration, and automation. I want an American colony on the Moon by 2035.
  9. What would be your major goals in regards to agriculture and rural America? Make sure farm subsidies only go to small farmers that are deserving of government aid, no more kick backs to big agriculture! Improve infrastructure in rural communities, this would create jobs, and improve commerce. Increase America's rail network.
  10. What would be your major goals in regards to housing, welfare, and urban America? I'd bring in free public housing for the homeless, and poor. I'd simplify the welfare system by getting rid of everything except for UBI, the NHS, and Social Security. I'd encourage America's cities to move away from their car addiction, and towards public transport.
  11. What would be your major labor and business goals? Break up the big banks, and monopolies. Fight Wall Street corruption, and the dominance of chain stores. Favor the small farmer, the wage laborer, and the small business man over the CEO, the big businessman, and the monopolist. Bring in a six hour a day, four days a week maximum. Make the minimum wage a living wage, and tie it to inflation, but allow a few exceptions for small businesses in when they're starting up. Fight agains Right-To-Work laws, and bring in an actual Jobs Guarantee.
  12. What would be your major goals regarding energy, alternate energy, environment, climate, and conservation? Climate Change is a threat to humanity, and our very way of life. Kick our oil addiction, increase protections for our biodiversity, and increase the number of National Parks. Encourage wind, nuclear, and solar energy. Heavily research Nuclear Fission.
  13. What would be your major healthcare, childcare, abortion, aging, disabilities, and other health-related goals? Bring in universal free childcare, and free, all day kindergarten. Bring in an NHS style system. Abortion should be safe, legal, and rare. Protect the right to choose, but oppose federal funding of abortions. Reduce the retirement age to 60, and increase benefits for the elderly, and disabled. Increase education about physical, and mental disabilities, and ramp up funding for Special Ed
  14. What would be your major goals regarding arts, culture, and the media? Bring in a subsidy for American art, and culture. Protect buildings of historical value, and artistic excellence. Encourage citizens to be mindful of the news they consume, but there isn't much the government can do about it. 
  15. What would be your major goals for transportation and infrastructure? Kick our oil addiction, and get onto green transportation systems. More funding for infrastructure, and public transport.
  16. What would be your policy for handling natural disasters and emergencies -- Katrina-like hurricanes, COVID-like pandemics, 9/11-like terrrorist attacks, etc. I'd follow what the experts say to do on this matter. Absolutely do not bring back the so called Fairness Doctrine
  17. What would be your policy for handling Congress if you possess about 55% control of both Houses? Ram as much of my agenda through congress as I can while its under my control. Use any means to get major roadblocks to my agenda out of the way. I am the sole representative of the entirety of the American people, so congress has a duty to follow my agenda whether they personally agree or not.
  18. What would be your policy for handling Congress if you possess only about 45% of both Houses and with the other party in control of both Houses? I'll likely have to turn to executive orders to get my agenda through, but I will, on occasion, try to compromise. Our primary objective in that scenario would be to 1. Go around Congress until the next election, and 2. Win both houses of Congress in the next election.
  19. What would your policy be if a Jan 6-like insurrection occurs during your presidency, whether conducted by your supporters or the supporters of your opponent? The Republic if the most important thing, and needs to be protected at all costs. Crush these treasonous scum, and make an example out of them, that if you try to overthrow Democracy in America, you're going to be met with bayonets, and boots.
  20. What would be your communication policy, rhetoric, relations with the opposition party and their voters, etc. I'd of course try to convince the average working joe to vote for me rather than my opponent, regardless of what party they're a part of, but when it comes to the leaders of the opposition, both from within, and without the Democrats, it would be no holds barred. I was elected to be the sole representative of the entirety of the American people, and I will execute my vision for America come hell or high water. If you've ever heard the old union song Roll The Union On you already have a pretty good understanding of how I'd handle the opposition. 
  21. What are some of your misc policies that cannot be captured in the questions above? Increased funding for education, move away from standardized testing, and encourage STEAM education. Stand with the Jewish people as they reclaim Israel from the Arabs. Ensure the separation of church, and state by removing In God We Trust from the currency, taxing churches, and ratifying the Blaine Amendment.
  22. Considering everything that you wrote, do you think you would be a successful president if you were elected for 2024? Will your policies succeed? Worst case scenario: Second Coming of John Quincy Adams, Best Case Scenario: Second Coming of FDR. I'd probably end up somewhere in the middle, so an average, to above average President, according to historical consensus. @Dobswould probably rank me third worst regardless 😛
  • Thanks 1

1. What would be your party identification?  Republican
  2. In what ways might you reorganize the executive branch, cabinet, etc. I will push for a general push away from executive authority. While it would be my preference to abolish Departments like Education and HHS, I would instead push for a more realistic revival of the non-delegation doctrine which would seriously reduce the powers of these federal agencies and give them back to either Congress or the states. Cut down on the size of the federal government significantly.
  3. What executive orders would you issue? Use these orders sparingly and instead revoke more previous orders than create new initiatives myself.
  4. What would be your major foreign policy goals with allies and "foes"? We need to restore our relationships with our allies. I would drive for us to regain our leadership within NATO and also to found a PATO, focused on uniting the Eastern Free World under American leadership in order to counter the growing chinese threat- the next Cold War. 
  5. What would be your major goals with the US military, Defense, nuclear weapons, and US intelligence? There will likely be some need for spending cuts with the military, we will do our best to make these economical as possible, but our goal should be to focus on diplomacy. Still, peace through strength should be observed and the military can't be fundamentally gutted.
  6. What would be your major economic, finance, and trade goals? Just as we drive for more diplomatic globalization, I will push for major new Free Trade Agreements with the Americas, Europe, and Free Asia. Our goals will be to both enrich Americans and consumers but also to continue expanding our economic influence worldwide. This would be a capitalist counter to belt and road. Domestically, I will push for reasonable tax cuts (focused on the middle class) insofar as we are making our predictions to eliminate the deficit and began paying off the debt. In a perfect world, the Tax Rate will be a flat 10% with an exemption for those below the poverty line.
  7. What would be your major judicial, civil rights, and civil liberties goals? My judicial goals are to nominate Justices in the mold of Neil Gorsuch. I will make pushes for civil rights laws like federal police reform and an end to the federal death penalty as well as seriously restructing how to treat civil liberties in this country. I will repeal the remnants of the USA Patriot Act and put the 4th amendment back at the center of privacy-related issues, not national security. I will work to end systemic racism, particularly as it presents itself in the War on Drugs as well as the War on Poverty which has manifested itself as it indended- a war on black families and on black economic growth itself.
  8. What would be your major science, space, exploration, and technology goals? This is largely an issue for the private sector, we'll continue to encourage investment here but NASA will receive no boosts or cuts. Let the free market take us into the stars.
  9. What would be your major goals in regards to agriculture and rural America? Continue to integrate the American Bread Basket with the world through the use of Free Trade and end the Death Tax. Repeal several regulations on farms such as the Waters of the United States rule that cripple farmers.
  10. What would be your major goals in regards to housing, welfare, and urban America? As mentioned before, we're going to be seriously pairing down these programs and replacing them with smaller and more efficient opportunity zones and job re-training programs. Our goal is to get people out of government housing and off of government dependency by ending systemic racism's greatest hook - it's economic impact. Instead of government-sponsored stagnation, we will revitalize urban communities by bringing forth the power of the spirit of American cities and the ingenuity of their people.
  11. What would be your major labor and business goals? Continue basic labor protections but recognize that employers and employees have the right to bargain as private entities. This is largely not an area for any more government intervention.
  12. What would be your major goals regarding energy, alternate energy, environment, climate, and conservation? Remove all energy subsidies, stop the government from picking winners and losers, and employ an all of the above strategy. We are going to need to provide free market incentives to get the market to move over to net zero by roughly 2050. We will not listen to the alarmism which tells us we'll all be french fries by 2030. The science pretty clearly says that substantive change by 2050 will be enough for us to not just survive, but thrive. This will be our goal as we both combat climate change but also inflation and unemployment.
  13. What would be your major healthcare, childcare, abortion, aging, disabilities, and other health-related goals? I will be a Pro-Life President but recognize the federal government can't really do anything on the issue. My Justices will likely share my view of equal protection. We will work to remove the government from healthcare and ensure patients and doctors get to make decisions for themselves- we need to pick a lane. And we will pick the free market lane which will continue to bolster the American lead in medical innovation. Through breaking down barriers to interstate competition, we'll drive down prices and break the unholy matrimony between Big Government and Big Business in the Pharma industy.
  14. What would be your major goals regarding arts, culture, and the media? I have none other than to be a role model for a less divisive political culture. Otherwise this is entirely a private matter as per the 1st amendment.
  15. What would be your major goals for transportation and infrastructure? Largely a state issue and should be treated as such, the federal government doesn't have much constitutional authority here.
  16. What would be your policy for handling natural disasters and emergencies -- Katrina-like hurricanes, COVID-like pandemics, 9/11-like terrrorist attacks, etc. The President should be an active resource depending on the magnitude. Get out of the way of the experts for natural occurences and take the lead for enemy threats. There are so much variables for how to handle these but the golden rule in general is going to be to be the antithesis of Trump's covid response.
  17. What would be your policy for handling Congress if you possess about 55% control of both Houses? Just as I would any other time, respect them as a coequal branch but also flex my muscle as leader of the party when needed.
  18. What would be your policy for handling Congress if you possess only about 45% of both Houses and with the other party in control of both Houses? I will invite opposition leadership to the White House and work on real compromise and solutions. I recognize I come from a pretty strict Classically Liberal point of view and I also recognize the need to compromise to make the country run. I am ultimately going to be a bipartisan happy warrior looking to lead the country out of a really dark time of division.
  19. What would your policy be if a Jan 6-like insurrection occurs during your presidency, whether conducted by your supporters or the supporters of your opponent? In either instance, the President must condemn such an assault on our democracy with equally strong rhetoric. Such an assault would be unthinkable to condone or do anything short of prosecute for what it is- an attempt to overthrow the world's greatest republican form of government.
  20. What would be your communication policy, rhetoric, relations with the opposition party and their voters, etc.  I would package all my policies in very optimistic language and unifying rhetoric. I would be kind and courteous to the opposition party and only pull out the big guns for radicals (justs as I'd do in my own party). I focus on Free Markets, Individual Liberties, and Equal Protection of the Law as a basis for all my policies, this rhetoric should provide me some ideological cover.
  21. What are some of your misc policies that cannot be captured in the questions above? I want comprehensive immigration reform including a codification of the DREAM Act into law and making a pathway to citizenship much easier. Take the Reagan approach and make it easier for people to immigrate while also investing in border security and an eVerify program which will make it financially insolvent to immigrate unlawfully. Our first priority, though, will be to alleviate the massive DHS backup by legalizing many immigrants in the country and investing in more judges and channels for easier immigration. Particularly immigrants who are refugees of tyranny. If we truly are the greatest country in the world and our rights truly do come from God and not government- we must act like it.
  22. Considering everything that you wrote, do you think you would be a successful president if you were elected for 2024? Will your policies succeed? Naturally, I believe my policies will succeed. If they don't, like all other Presidents I think I'd be toast. But I have faith in the diverse coalition of voters I can build with my platform of Liberty, Self-Reliance, and Equality. There is something here for everybody- this could destroy me in the modern political climate, or, if I'm successful enough, help me ring in a new era of both the GOP and the United States. Only time could tell.
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Dobs said:

we will revitalize urban communities by bringing forth the power of the spirit of American cities and the ingenuity of their people.

This is a little vague. I’m not sure how you plan to do this. All you mention is cuts but no action otherwise. 

30 minutes ago, Dobs said:

Naturally, I believe my policies will succeed. If they don't, like all other Presidents I think I'd be toast. But I have faith in the diverse coalition of voters I can build with my platform of Liberty, Self-Reliance, and Equality.

I don’t think you’d be any more successful than I would be. Much of what you call for is extremely polarizing as are my platforms, despite my extreme efforts to integrate opposition viewpoints. The country is so divided into camps that a president will only have a portion of success at best. A party will oppose you because you are of that party, even if you take on a few token items from their own platform. Your success does the opposing party no good. I also don’t see your platform having that large of a coalition, not much larger than the Establishment and Libertarian wing of the GOP. You’d gain almost no Democrats. Would lose some Trump supporters. You’d likely gain only independents to at usually vote GOP or vote Libertarian. Hardly an FDR or even Reagan-like coalition. Although your coalition might be larger than my own. 

1. What would be your party identification?
    Do I really need one?

2. In what ways might you reorganize the executive branch, cabinet, etc?
    Dismantle the CIA, FBI, DHS and Space Force. Ditch the Patriot Act - it's outdated and infringes on civil liberties.

3. What executive orders would you issue?
    Make sure Trump can never come back.

4. What would be your major foreign policy goals with allies and "foes"?
    Try to achieve some semblance of cooperation between us. The mainstream Republicans and Democrats have been promoting World War III for far too long; further escalation will lead only to billions of needless deaths. We should deal with them through the United Nations.

5. What would be your major goals with the US military, Defense, nuclear weapons, and US intelligence?
    Full multilateral disarmament. Defense spending should be reduced, to promote peace. Our military should only be used in the most extreme causes, such as a Fourth Reich coming to power. Down with our evil empire!

6. What would be your major economic, finance, and trade goals?
    Raise taxes on the rich, reduce taxes on the middle class, and reform the corporate tax system (eliminate loopholes). Reinstate Glass-Steagle.

7. What would be your major judicial, civil rights, and civil liberties goals?
    Equality for everyone! Push to globally decriminalize homosexuality. Definitely make more of an effort toward protecting the rights of the transgender community.

8. What would be your major science, space, exploration, and technology goals?
    The exploration of space should be a major priority, considering that humanity is expanding at a pace unsustainable for one planet alone. Colonize the Moon and Mars.

9. What would be your major goals in regards to agriculture and rural America?
    ....antidepressants?

10. What would be your major goals in regards to housing, welfare, and urban America?
    Make sure everybody who needs shelter has shelter.

11. What would be your major labor and business goals?
    Protect workers over profits. Free trade must include some labour and environmental conditions, while not hurting business.

12. What would be your major goals regarding energy, alternate energy, environment, climate, and conservation?
    This also ties in with military and defense, considering the changing climate will cause mass migration and lead to warfare over the last bits of arable land. The first thing to do would be to pass the Revised Green New Deal to transform the economy in 8 years - 100% of power through clean energy sources. Absolutely no off-shore drilling, anywhere. And no beef farming either! Cows cause pollution!

13. What would be your major healthcare, childcare, abortion, aging, disabilities, and other health-related goals?
    Simple: NHS. Publicly funded, universal healthcare insurance. Protect responsible choice.

14. What would be your major goals regarding arts, culture, and the media?
    Bring down a typhoon of righteous anger on the music industry. Repeal the DMCA! Also reform the media to eliminate corporate and political bias.

15. What would be your major goals for transportation and infrastructure?
    Overhaul transportation to zero-emission cars and rail!

16. What would be your policy for handling natural disasters and emergencies -- Katrina-like hurricanes, COVID-like pandemics, 9/11-like terrrorist attacks, etc. 
    You know how people keep a bit of money aside for a rainy day? That's what we should do, have an emergency budget for such a crisis.

17. What would be your policy for handling Congress if you possess about 55% control of both Houses?
    Cooperation and compromise.

18. What would be your policy for handling Congress if you possess only about 45% of both Houses and with the other party in control of both Houses?
    Well if they're all working against me, what's the point?

19. What would your policy be if a Jan 6-like insurrection occurs during your presidency, whether conducted by your supporters or the supporters of your opponent?
    I'd have them all deported to Siberia!

20. What would be your communication policy, rhetoric, relations with the opposition party and their voters, etc. 
    Since I rely on visuals to get my point across, I'll do my research and show them "look, this is why you're wrong."

21. What are some of your misc policies that cannot be captured in the questions above?
    Abolish Twitter and 4chan!

22. Considering everything that you wrote, do you think you would be a successful president if you were elected for 2024? Will your policies succeed?
    Probably not, considering I'd likely start a civil war in the process.

• Thanks 1

Oh yes, I'd also label the Alt-Right as a terrorist organization. I... can't edit my post, can I?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, vcczar said:

This is a little vague. I’m not sure how you plan to do this. All you mention is cuts but no action otherwise. 

Well that’s because I think government has been the solution for far too long. My actions are removing roadblocks like the war on drugs, the welfare state, and other vestiges of systemic racism. I trust urban communities to know what is better for them more than I trust the federal government.

10 hours ago, vcczar said:

don’t think you’d be any more successful than I would be. Much of what you call for is extremely polarizing as are my platforms, despite my extreme efforts to integrate opposition viewpoints. The country is so divided into camps that a president will only have a portion of success at best. A party will oppose you because you are of that party, even if you take on a few token items from their own platform. Your success does the opposing party no good. I also don’t see your platform having that large of a coalition, not much larger than the Establishment and Libertarian wing of the GOP. You’d gain almost no Democrats. Would lose some Trump supporters. You’d likely gain only independents to at usually vote GOP or vote Libertarian. Hardly an FDR or even Reagan-like coalition. Although your coalition might be larger than my own. 

This is why I placed a heavy emphasis on compromise and cooperation. I think most Americans can get behind less government in their lives. Ultimately, though, I think I’m just a more optimistic person than you are. Rhetoric goes a long way.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dobs said:

My actions are removing roadblocks like the war on drugs, the welfare state, and other vestiges of systemic racism. I trust urban communities to know what is better for them more than I trust the federal government.

If you were present, my major concerns would be: 1) Does President Dobs know all of the vestiges of systemic racism? 2) What does he intend to do with the urban communities and local governments that do nothing to end systemic racism or double down on systemic racism? 3) What is his plan B if cutting welfare spirals into a poverty crisis and does the reverse of what he hopes would occur? Would President Dobs just cling to his ideology, much in the way I think Ron Paul would do, or would Pres. Dobs adapt, employing ideas from ideological opponents or at least methods not aligned with Libertarian philosophy?

52 minutes ago, Dobs said:

This is why I placed a heavy emphasis on compromise and cooperation. I think most Americans can get behind less government in their lives. Ultimately, though, I think I’m just a more optimistic person than you are. Rhetoric goes a long way.

I think we're both making compromises in our platforms. I do think you're more optimistic based on "I think most Americans can get behind less government in their lives." I think the statement is true. Ideally, less government would be great. However, what fills that vacuum is what is often scary or at least less desired than big government. When I was in Texas, I couldn't trust the local or state government to do much of anything right, at least socially and sometimes economically. The federal government is the friend of the people in states where people feel ignored by local and state governments. If I lived in Massachusetts, for instance, I probably wouldn't want the Federal Government heavily involved since MA is generally doing what I want a government to do, often better than the federal government is doing it. If I were in Mississippi, I'd probably be even more pro-Federal government. I'm not a typical progressive in the sense that the Federal Government is always better than the various Local Government and various State Governments. I favor whichever is more socially liberal and more pro-active and compassionate to the underprivileged. 

I think your coalition might have more variety than mine, but I'm not sure if it will have more members (it could, however, but maybe not). I think being an open Libertarian with a radical anti-welfare platform is going to cost you a lot of Urban votes. There are also a ton of rural people that survive off welfare. You could lose a Goldwater landslide. Rhetoric might not be enough to save you unless you come up with a workable alternative. Purely cutting it or abolishing it would likely scare voters. Welfare is likely to stay.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Wiw said:
  1. What are some of your misc policies that cannot be captured in the questions above?Abolish Twitter and 4chan!

Lai Mohammed of Nigeria wants to know your location!

Edited by Timur

2 hours ago, Patine said:

Why stop there? The CIA, MI6, Mossad, GRU, as well as ANY social or political activist group that engages in, or has done so, violence, destruction, creating chaos, or threatening the livelihood of civilians, REGARDLESS of that group's ideology or goals, or the stated reasons for their actions.

Shut down the WHOLE toxic social media machine utterly poisoning the well of society, culture, politics, and the common discourse, on BOTH extremes of the political spectrum while you're at it. Why leave a job half-done?

Yes! Tear down the legal system as well! It arranges to incarcerate the defenseless, who are then forced to serve as slaves to the corporatists in prison sweatshops!

30 minutes ago, Patine said:

Did I say that? And is how that extremist and hyperbolic extrapolation and conflation at all appropriate, or anything other than disingenuous? Or, are you one of the hoodwinked and deceived souls who believe that the entirety of the blame of the current socio-political divide of these issues are fully upon one side completely victimizing the other, and not acknowledging that the onus and fault is all around?

No, it doesn't matter who rules the courts. Both parties were purchased long before any of us were born, and the USA became the government of Wall Street, by Wall Street, and for Wall Street. Organizational psychopathy, that's what it comes down to!

Damn! I'm always doing that, I try to say something and I end up going off tangent...

2 hours ago, Timur said:

Q: Is Wiw a troll. He sure sounds like one.

No, I'm a paranotic.

• Haha 1

What would be your party identification?

Registered Independent, but caucus with the Republicans (or Libertarians if they achieved major-party status) similar to what Bernie does.

In what ways might you reorganize the executive branch, cabinet, etc?

Abolish unnecessary departments, remove red tape. Mostly keep the status quo, fill it with good people.

What executive orders would you issue?

Mostly ceremonial ones, try to win battles with legislation so my legacy is not easily overturned.

What would be your major foreign policy goals with allies and "foes"?

Strengthen our alliances with mutually beneficial free-trade partnerships. Diplomacy and trade first, war as a last resort. Withdraw just enough troops to maintain our current bases and cease all unnecessary military operations.

What would be your major goals with the US military, Defense, nuclear weapons, and US intelligence?

Freeze the military budget. Maintain our nuclear arsenal, and likely decommission them to serve for nuclear reactors. Utilize the Space Force to focus on cybersecurity, protecting the power grid and communication networks, and satellites.

What would be your major economic, finance, and trade goals?

Scale back the Federal Reserve's influence on the economy. Promote free-trade partnerships. Fund renewable energy (solar, not wind). Freeze the national budget for four years to allow time for the GDP to grow to reduce the debt/GDP ratio. Lower capital gains and property taxes in second term. Reform the SEC. Invest in automation, semiconductors and technology.

What would be your major judicial, civil rights, and civil liberties goals?

Appoint non-partisan, moderate judges to the Supreme Court (with a focus on original interpretation of the Constitution). Abolish the NSA and surveillance legislation. Make Election Day a national holiday. End the war on drugs and legalize and tax marijuana, prostitution, and cocaine.

What would be your major science, space, exploration, and technology goals?

Launch a 30-year plan to establish a colony on Mars. Work with private space companies to accomplish this. Appoint Elon Musk to an advisory board in the US government. Invest in automation, electric vehicles, semiconductors and sensors, and genome sequencing technologies.

What would be your major goals in regards to agriculture and rural America?

End farm subsidies to large farms. Decrease regulations for food products. Cut out the middlemen and make it easier for small farmers to sell their products to large-chains.

What would be your major goals in regards to housing, welfare, and urban America?

Combat welfare fraud. Drug tests for welfare recipients. More restrictions regarding seeking employment to receive government aid. Eliminate property taxes to make housing more affordable for landlords and renters.

What would be your major labor and business goals?

Encourage private sector unionizing. Mostly Coolidge-like hands-off economic policy. Let the Invisible Hand guide the market without government intervention. Maybe tax credits for venture capitalists/angel investors to encourage investing in startup companies. 

What would be your major goals regarding energy, alternate energy, environment, climate, and conservation?

While I don't agree with the scientific consensus on climate change, I nevertheless agree that renewable energy and energy storage is the key to ensuring American's energy independence in the future. Invest in solar, geothermal, and nuclear energy generation. Invest in battery-storage technology to strengthen the US power grid. Consider off-shore wind farms but I'm not a big wind guy as it's not a great source of energy. Harsher penalties for air and water pollution. 

What would be your major healthcare, childcare, abortion, aging, disabilities, and other health-related goals?

Let healthcare providers compete against state lines. Deductions for private healthcare plans. Consider a public option for low-income people. Attempt to overturn Roe v. Wade and criminalize abortion.

What would be your major goals regarding arts, culture, and the media?

Nothing

What would be your major goals for transportation and infrastructure?

Encourage electric vehicles. Invest in lithium-ion batteries and semiconductors to make them possible.

What would be your policy for handling natural disasters and emergencies -- Katrina-like hurricanes, COVID-like pandemics, 9/11-like terrrorist attacks, etc. 

Ask myself "What would Dubya do?" and do the opposite.

What would be your policy for handling Congress if you possess about 55% control of both Houses

Work with the leaders in my party to pass legislation, and remind them that I am the de-facto leader of the party.

What would be your policy for handling Congress if you possess only about 45% of both Houses and with the other party in control of both Houses?

Attempt to compromise on legislation to get things passed (with this bill our side gets stronger border security and a physical barrier, but you get an easier path to citizenship for non-criminal aliens, etc.)

What would your policy be if a Jan 6-like insurrection occurs during your presidency, whether conducted by your supporters or the supporters of your opponent?

Arrest the ringleaders. Slap on the wrist for nonviolent offenders. Don't demonize them to cause more division (Biden did a good job with this). Investigate any and all claims of election fraud intensely, and create an Election Fraud and Audit Commission.

What would be your communication policy, rhetoric, relations with the opposition party and their voters, etc. 

Official statements from the White House account. Use of official and personal Twitter accounts. Don't use the words "Republican" or "Democrat" in official statements. Good sense of humor like Reagan or Obama (whether it's my own or my speechwriters). Maybe one mean tweet directed at a celebrity I don't like.

What are some of your misc policies that cannot be captured in the questions above?

N/A at the moment.

Considering everything that you wrote, do you think you would be a successful president if you were elected for 2024? Will your policies succeed?

100 years from now I will be forgotten to the mainstream voter and media like Coolidge or Cleveland. I think I could get the majority of my platform passed as I'm pretty moderate and a lot of it is bipartisan and patriotic.

1 hour ago, DakotaHale said:

Arrest the ringleaders. Slap on the wrist for nonviolent offenders. Don't demonize them to cause more division (Biden did a good job with this). Investigate any and all claims of election fraud intensely, and create an Election Fraud and Audit Commission.

Just had a quick question: wouldn't something like that trample all over state powers over their own elections? States usually conduct audits of their elections when it's needed, and it seems giving that power to the federal government could be a dangerous step. 

• Thanks 1