The Political Lounge

CE2's 1804 election poll

Who do you vote for?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which ticket (President and Vice President) do you support?

• President Thomas Jefferson - Pringles/James Madison - Hestia
    • Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette - Zenobiyl/Charles C. Pinckney - WVProgressive
  2. 2. Who would you vote for (Senate)?

• Federalists
    • Democratic-Republicans
  3. 3. Who would you vote for (House)?

• Federalists
    • Democratic-Republicans

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/2021 at 04:51 PM

Caleb Strong opposes kicking out DeWitt Clinton, seeing him as the best chance to defeat the Democratic-Republicans.

Caleb Strong privately urges DeWitt Clinton to run as a Independent/Democratic-Republican/Federalist next election.

Edited by Timur
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zenobiyl said:

@Pringles@ConservativeElector2 Lafayette formally concedes the race, and congratulates Jefferson on his victory.

NY Sen. Clinton thanks Lafayette for formally conceding without causing a ruckus. "We are on the path to rebuild the Federalist Party for the better, and Gen. Lafayette has started this process gracefully, I thank him." 

16 minutes ago, Zenobiyl said:

@Pringles@ConservativeElector2 Lafayette formally concedes the race, and congratulates Jefferson on his victory.

President Jefferson once again thanks Lafayette. And is pleased that America is on a return to normalcy because of this election. 

It's really easy to just screenshot and drag on my mac, so whoever makes them I can post it for them

Jefferson beat Pickney 72-38%, this election was much closer. This is what I came to estimate from these results. @ConservativeElector2 @Pringles @Zenobiyl @vcczar and everyone else.

A pickup of some delegates in MD, and NH and MA

40527503_ScreenShot2021-06-04at1_35_29PM.thumb.png.d12a7749f6a6a77f3e3630aafec48d54.png

Edited by themiddlepolitical
  • Like 1

Just now, themiddlepolitical said:

Jefferson beat Pickney 72-38%, this election was much closer. This is what I came to estimate from these results. @ConservativeElector2 @Pringles @Zenobiyl

40527503_ScreenShot2021-06-04at1_35_29PM.thumb.png.d12a7749f6a6a77f3e3630aafec48d54.png

I'm out of reactions but that's pretty based. The popular vote is a little deceiving as Jefferson would squeak out wins in New jersey, and New York. But that's a cool map! I was wanting to start making election maps of these elections myself!

Just now, Pringles said:

I'm out of reactions but that's pretty based. The popular vote is a little deceiving as Jefferson would squeak out wins in New jersey, and New York. But that's a cool map! I was wanting to start making election maps of these elections myself!

It's always gonna be slightly off, but with margins we can have a basic estimate, it'll be fun to have maps 😄 

9 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

Jefferson beat Pickney 72-38%, this election was much closer. This is what I came to estimate from these results. @ConservativeElector2 @Pringles @Zenobiyl @vcczar and everyone else.

A pickup of some delegates in MD, and NH and MA

Lafayette would’ve won/tied Virginia narrowly because of the technicalities with electors

Just now, Zenobiyl said:

Lafayette would’ve won/tied Virginia narrowly because of the technicalities with electors

I don't know what exactly would happen in terms of who the electors would chose but I'd imagine they choose some rando independent Democratic Republican or just become faithless electors, rather than Lafayette. Might be wrong though. Popular vote in Virginia would be like 70-30 for Jefferson 😛 

1 minute ago, Pringles said:

I don't know what exactly would happen in terms of who the electors would chose but I'd imagine they choose some rando independent Democratic Republican or just become faithless electors, rather than Lafayette. Might be wrong though. Popular vote in Virginia would be like 70-30 for Jefferson 😛 

That would also be possible. Maybe Monroe?

2 minutes ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

Would be great, but I don't have the time to do them. It's exam month 😄 

With permission may I do them? 🥺

You'll just have to confirm them of course 😄 and I'm open to takes from everyone. It shall be a collaborative effort!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pringles said:

President Jefferson's Cabinet

(Rest of the positions remain the same.)

Secretary of State: Dewitt Clinton

@ConservativeElector2

George Wythe, your time has come...

Sec. of State Dewitt Clinton on his appointment "I want to thank President Jefferson for crossing party lines for the future and power of the United States. I will serve this role for the betterment of our country, and the betterment of our citizens"