The Political Lounge

CE2's 1804 election poll

Who do you vote for?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which ticket (President and Vice President) do you support?

• President Thomas Jefferson - Pringles/James Madison - Hestia
    • Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette - Zenobiyl/Charles C. Pinckney - WVProgressive
  2. 2. Who would you vote for (Senate)?

• Federalists
    • Democratic-Republicans
  3. 3. Who would you vote for (House)?

• Federalists
    • Democratic-Republicans

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/2021 at 04:51 PM

12 minutes ago, Pringles said:

President Jefferson's Cabinet

(Rest of the positions remain the same.)

Secretary of State: Dewitt Clinton

@ConservativeElector2

George Wythe, your time has come...

9 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

Sec. of State Dewitt Clinton on his appointment "I want to thank President Jefferson for crossing party lines for the future and power of the United States. I will serve this role for the betterment of our country, and the betterment of our citizens"

In a shocking turn of events DeWitt Clinton is REJECTED by the Federalist (!) Senate (Rolls just a 4). Please submit a new nominee.

1 minute ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

In a shocking turn of events DeWitt Clinton is REJECTED by the Federalist (!) Senate (Rolls just a 4). Please submit a new nominee.

Sen. Dewitt Clinton condemns the move by his own party "Good god the Federalists just can't stop shooting themselves in the foot can they?"

Edited by themiddlepolitical

3 minutes ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

President Jefferson ignores and ridicules the Federalist senate for playing partisan politics in an obviously bi-partisan nominee among the electorate. He call it a, "Grand display of the poor faith arguments made by many Federalists, who do not have the bi-partisan, and shared interests of the wellbeing of our Republic in their hearts. However, I am not done yet. Mr. Clinton will be appointed by me as an official Counselor to the President, and Chief Advisor."

President Jefferson taps James Monroe who will be the new nominee for Secretary of State. 

Edited by Pringles
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pringles said:

President Jefferson ignores and ridicules the Federalist senate for playing partisan politics in an obviously bi-partisan nominee among the electorate. He call it a, "Grand display of the poor faith arguments made by many Federalists, who are do not have the bi-partisan, and shared interests of the wellbeing of our Republic in their hearts. However, I am not done yet. Mr. Clinton will be appointed by me as an official Counselor to the President, and Chief Advisor."

President Jefferson taps James Monroe who will be the new nominee for Secretary of State. 

Sen. Clinton rejects his new appointment, stating he would like to serve in the Senate- but he recommends Henry Clay for the position, stating him as a close friend and ally. 

6 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

Sen. Clinton rejects his new appointment, stating he would like to serve in the Senate- but he recommends Henry Clay for the position, stating him as a close friend and ally. 

Clinton quails this over, and will eventually now accept this offer and position 

18 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

Sen. Dewitt Clinton condemns the move by his own party "Good god the Federalists just can't stop shooting themselves in the foot can they?"

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAOAHAH

GET FUCKED FINO!!!!!

THIS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU BETRAY THE FEDERALISTS!

Rumors have it that some Federalists didn't want DeWitt Clinton to be working for Jefferson.

20 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

F. I would’ve backed you for the position, but I guess Mish won out this time. Maybe you can join my cabinet if I run again? Federalist or no Dewitt is a qualified dude, and I think we federalists all would’ve preferred him to Monroe

Edited by Zenobiyl

1 minute ago, Mishfox said:

GET FUCKED FINO!!!!!

image.thumb.jpeg.460900244b5879091be17be08716f4df.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mishfox said:

GET FUCKED FINO!!!!!

Caleb Strong questions the sanity of the Adams family. He proposes a coalition of Democratic-Republicans, Radical/Straight Federalists, etc. to get vote Adams out of office once and for all.

1 minute ago, Timur said:

Caleb Strong questions the sanity of the Adams family. He proposes a coalition of Democratic-Republicans, Radical/Straight Federalists, etc. to get vote Adams out of office once and for all.

In fact, he is secretly recruiting James Lloyd.

Dewitt Clinton announces party switch to democratic-republican

“My party has failed me far too many times,I am switching parties to fight for the right values” “I am going to fight for a party that has fought for me,not against me”

-Dewitt Clinton

@ConservativeElector2

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Timur said:

Sen. Dewitt Clinton,now a D-R encourages this change. 

After Monroe's  confirmation, the United States see the death of Vice President Madison. That means after Vice President Hamilton was killed in what some mull to have been a duel (disputed by some Federalists, who are saying Hamilton caught the bullet saving an old lady), the second Vice President in a row died while he was in office.

The position remained vacant for the rest of President Jefferson's @Pringles term.

The cabinet with a new Secretary of State remained as it was and all folks served their terms out.

Likewise all Supreme Court justices survived their term and no one was indicating to retire early. Washington's appointee Associate Justice Wythe went home to the Lord in June 1806. He was replaced by Justice and General Andrew Jackson of Tennessee.

Another seat at the Supreme Court  was established due to a new circuit created in March 1807, abridging the jurisdiction of the district courts in the districts of Kentucky, Tennessee and Ohio . It was filled by Justice Smith Thompson, of the New York Supreme Court. 

Your term rolls Mr. President have been:

Foreign: 19

Domestic: 44

Economic: 87

The US is hated internationally but hey, at least our economy is roaring. USA! USA! USA! 😛

If I haven't forgotten something, the session is adjourned now and we see us all in 1808 next. Thank you all for participating. Love you.

1 minute ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

After Monroe's  confirmation, the United States see the death of Vice President Madison. That means after Vice President Hamilton was killed in what some mull to have been a duel (disputed by some Federalists, who are saying Hamilton caught the bullet saving an old lady), the second Vice President in a row died while he was in office.

The position remained vacant for the rest of President Jefferson's @Pringles term.

The cabinet with a new Secretary of State remained as it was and all folks served their terms out.

Likewise all Supreme Court justices survived their term and no one was indicating to retire early. Washington's appointee Associate Justice Wythe went home to the Lord in June 1806. He was replaced by Justice and General Andrew Jackson of Tennessee.

Another seat at the Supreme Court  was established due to a new circuit created in March 1807, abridging the jurisdiction of the district courts in the districts of Kentucky, Tennessee and Ohio . It was filled by Justice Smith Thompson, of the New York Supreme Court. 

Your term rolls Mr. President have been:

Foreign: 19

Domestic: 44

Economic: 87

The US is hated internationally but hey, at least our economy is roaring. USA! USA! USA! 😛

If I haven't forgotten something, the session is adjourned now and we see us all in 1808 next. Thank you all for participating. Love you.

Foreign rolls likely mean War of 1812. But yes, very pog. 😛

JUSTICE ANDREW JACKSON.

SUCK IT.

MEET THE NEW BOSS. 

Rumors have it that Caleb Strong, Josiah Quincy, Timothy Pickering, James Hillhouse, and John Lowell, Jr., angry over the chaos and bad foreign relations, have met secretly...

Edited by Timur