The Political Lounge

AMPU LGBT Name Generator

This is mainly for states with large LGBT communities. The generator is primarily for LGBT individuals who are likely to change their names, generally the trans community. I'm not sure what other LGBT people change their name as this isn't an area of my expertise. I'm interested in suggestions. This database needs more names too.

Patricio Petras Lana Izzard
Elliott Grace Peppermint Bloom
Michael Totah Isis Wade
Chris Cox Zoey Richards
Brian Moore Rachel Totah
Jamie Rocero Leyna Geiger
Ian T Elle Totah
Tarso Izzard Isis Hearns
Brandon Cayne Jenna Cayne
Ian Bloom Michaela Moore
Laith Schafer Kim Cossey
Billy Jennings Leyna Richards
Brian Jenner Peppermint T
Tarso Manuel Josie Bloom
Ian Cox Jenna T
Teddy Bono Leyna Bono
Billy Petras Hunter Fox
Chris Cossey Lili Grace
Michael Wade Gia Mock
Teddy King Jae Bloom
Brian Hearns Lana Bloom
Patricio Totah Angelica Bloom
Laith Mock Isis Beck

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

This is mainly for states with large LGBT communities. The generator is primarily for LGBT individuals who are likely to change their names, generally the trans community. I'm not sure what other LGBT people change their name as this isn't an area of my expertise. I'm interested in suggestions. This database needs more names too.

Patricio Petras Lana Izzard
Elliott Grace Peppermint Bloom
Michael Totah Isis Wade
Chris Cox Zoey Richards
Brian Moore Rachel Totah
Jamie Rocero Leyna Geiger
Ian T Elle Totah
Tarso Izzard Isis Hearns
Brandon Cayne Jenna Cayne
Ian Bloom Michaela Moore
Laith Schafer Kim Cossey
Billy Jennings Leyna Richards
Brian Jenner Peppermint T
Tarso Manuel Josie Bloom
Ian Cox Jenna T
Teddy Bono Leyna Bono
Billy Petras Hunter Fox
Chris Cossey Lili Grace
Michael Wade Gia Mock
Teddy King Jae Bloom
Brian Hearns Lana Bloom
Patricio Totah Angelica Bloom
Laith Mock Isis Beck

I might be able to help with this demographic. (Binary) Transgender names are usually relatively normal names that correspond with their gender, and are often also popular baby names since many trans people use the same resources to decide their name that soon to be parents use to decide what to name their baby. Non-binary names can get a bit weird, but gender neutral name like Ash, Sam, or Alex are most common. I hope this help, but I might be able to do some research and scrounge up some common trans names if you need more first names.

Also, it might be best to just use ethnicity to generate a politician’s surname, both because there isn’t a big pool of lgbtq figures to draw from and because someone’s surname isn’t determined by their gender/sexuality. Then again some people do change their surname when they transition, so who knows.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

I might be able to help with this demographic. (Binary) Transgender names are usually relatively normal names that correspond with their gender, and are often also popular baby names since many trans people use the same resources to decide their name that soon to be parents use to decide what to name their baby. Non-binary names can get a bit weird, but gender neutral name like Ash, Sam, or Alex are most common. I hope this help, but I might be able to do some research and scrounge up some common trans names if you need more first names.

Also, it might be best to just use ethnicity to generate a politician’s surname, both because there isn’t a big pool of lgbtq figures to draw from and because someone’s surname isn’t determined by their gender/sexuality. Then again some people do change their surname when they transition, so who knows.

Any help you can provide for this would be great. I just need surnames, male names, female names. If there are non-binary or neutral names, I can put them under both male and female for now. I imagine surnames don't really change, so you could just give me surnames of transgender people that you know or something. 

• Like 1

I see the last name T popped up repeatedly, is that a typo that needs fixed in the database?

I have several nonbinary friends.  Most choose a gender-neutral name that could apply to either gender, such as Elliot.  One changed their name to Nyx (i believe their original first name began with an N).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrPotatoTed said:

I see the last name T popped up repeatedly, is that a typo that needs fixed in the database?

I have several nonbinary friends.  Most choose a gender-neutral name that could apply to either gender, such as Elliot.  One changed their name to Nyx (i believe their original first name began with an N).

Yeah, I looked up some surnames of well-known transgender Americans. One of them has the last name T

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

Any help you can provide for this would be great. I just need surnames, male names, female names. If there are non-binary or neutral names, I can put them under both male and female for now. I imagine surnames don't really change, so you could just give me surnames of transgender people that you know or something. 

You probably have some of these already, but I hope most of these are new names. Also sorry that the list is biased in favor of women, 

Female:

Rose

Charlotte

Scarlett

Zoey

Emily

Chloe

Lily

Madeline

(Take your pills,) Alice

Evelyn 

Ava

Lilith

Luna

Jade

Nova

Natalie

Cecelia

Noelle

Maxine

Elizabeth

Veronica

Cassandra

Sylvia

Vivian

Stella

Sirela

Maeve

Kara

Nora

Erin

Xandra

Artemis

Selene 

Freya

Hestia (Sorry @Hestia 😛)

Juno

Athena

Laverne

Amber

Lucia

Olivia

Julia

Mari

Mae

Persephone

Renee

Lucy

Jacyn

Brooke

Ella

Male:

Kai

Luca

Simon

Ishmael

Sage

Jamie

Adien

Aron

Carl

Barney

Hawthorn

Mars

Jupiter

Fenrir

Sarai

Chaz

Elliot

Vash

Luke

Fabian

Alastor

Prometheus

Icarus

Jason

Gender Neutral/Non-Binary

Alex

Sam

Sasha

Ness

Indie

Loki

Dylan

Willow

Peothrey

Jack

Jude

Vane

Alright, I'm out of ideas. Some of these are odd, but I swear I got them from real trans people. If you need more just let me know!

• Like 1
  • Based 1

@WVProgressive Thanks. There's much more variety. I also added random last names based on whatever last name came to mind with the name. I also added what I think is your last name: 

Jack West Brooke Totah
Fenrir Thompson Indya Taylor
Aron Miller Isis Leigh
Eddie Salem Loki Ward
Ness Frasier Lavern Ward
Chris Shirley Lily Artois
Adien Totah Fallon Salem
Patricio Izzard Jazz Ball
Adien Miller Kim Fox
Aron Maines Olivia Sandberg
Alastor Nova Lea Lee
Sasha Law Rose Geiger
Loki West Zaya Jorgensen
Ishmael Page Maxine Petras
Indie Brown Lana Cayne
Brian Frasier Natalie Billings
Laith Claus Amber Hearns
Indie Jenner Willow Jackson
Jack Turner Julia Jorgensen
Sasha Gorgeous Mari Lake
Sasha Ball Elliott Bono
Luke Cayne Ava Turner
Vash Geiger Ella Scott
  • Based 1

17 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@WVProgressive Thanks. There's much more variety. I also added random last names based on whatever last name came to mind with the name. I also added what I think is your last name: 

Jack West Brooke Totah
Fenrir Thompson Indya Taylor
Aron Miller Isis Leigh
Eddie Salem Loki Ward
Ness Frasier Lavern Ward
Chris Shirley Lily Artois
Adien Totah Fallon Salem
Patricio Izzard Jazz Ball
Adien Miller Kim Fox
Aron Maines Olivia Sandberg
Alastor Nova Lea Lee
Sasha Law Rose Geiger
Loki West Zaya Jorgensen
Ishmael Page Maxine Petras
Indie Brown Lana Cayne
Brian Frasier Natalie Billings
Laith Claus Amber Hearns
Indie Jenner Willow Jackson
Jack Turner Julia Jorgensen
Sasha Gorgeous Mari Lake
Sasha Ball Elliott Bono
Luke Cayne Ava Turner
Vash Geiger Ella Scott

I'm so glad I was able to help out, even if it is something relatively minor like the name generator! I also want to thank you for including my surname, it really means a lot to me. It's kind of funny that my surname was matched with a name not dissimilar to my actual name, I actually did consider naming myself Ella for a short period of time, but it just didn't click with me like other names did.

• Like 1