The Political Lounge

CE2's 1808 announcement thread

Fellow RPers. It's 1808.

To sum up President Jefferson's  @Pringles  second term again:

After Monroe's  confirmation as Secretary of State, the United States see the death of Vice President Madison. That means after Vice President Hamilton was killed in what some mull to have been a duel (disputed by some Federalists, who are saying Hamilton caught the bullet saving an old lady), the second Vice President in a row died while he was in office.

The position remained vacant for the rest of President Jefferson's term.

The cabinet with a new Secretary of State remained as it was and all folks served their terms out.

Likewise all Supreme Court justices survived their term and no one was indicating to retire early. Washington's appointee Associate Justice Wythe went home to the Lord in June 1806. He was replaced by Justice and General Andrew Jackson of Tennessee.

Another seat at the Supreme Court  was established due to a new circuit created in March 1807, abridging the jurisdiction of the district courts in the districts of Kentucky, Tennessee and Ohio . It was filled by Justice Smith Thompson, of the New York Supreme Court. 

The term rolls have been:

Foreign: 19

Domestic: 44

Economic: 87

Does Jefferson run for a third term? Who is going to challenge him?

Announce your candidacies for one primary within the next 24 hours and be part of this glorious RP.

@Beetlejuice @Cal @Cenzonico @ConservativeElector2 @DakotaHale @Dobs @Edouard @Entrecampos @Fbarbarossa @Hestia @jnewt @JohnGRobertsJr @Kitten @Magnus Rex @Mishfox @MrPotatoTed @Patine @pilight @Pringles @Rezi @Rodja @Sean F Kennedy @The Blood @themiddlepolitical @Timur @vcczar @WVProgressive @YVDyTaOxlzZr @Zenobiyl @themiddlepolitical @Wiw @jvikings1

Sen./Sec. Dewitt Clinton announces run for President (D-R)

"I am running for president to unite the country politically once and for all, to deal with our countries issues and home and abroad as a united nation. I will take a two term pledge and promise to include my cabinet with half Federalists and Half Democratic Republicans, to unite us for good"

Clinton reaches out to others for support in return for endorsements and positions

@Hestia @ConservativeElector2 @Zenobiyl @Pringles 

-and everyone else

Edited by themiddlepolitical

President Jefferson abides by the 2 term precedent. And quietly endorses @themiddlepolitical Senator Dewitt Clinton. As he believes he's the man who can lead America to victory in the war of 1812, and live up to President Jefferson's legacy.

I will be taking control of Justice Andrew Jackson for now. I have no intentions to run anymore for a while. 

• Sad 1

Timothy Pickering announces his campaign. He promises better relations with Britain, slams Jefferson's foreign policy, and even goes so far as to praise "His Majesty."

Edited by Timur

Just now, Pringles said:

President Jefferson abides by the 2 term precedent. And quietly endorses @themiddlepolitical Senator Dewitt Clinton. As he believes he's the man who can lead America to victory in the war of 1812, and live up to President Jefferson's legacy.

I will be taking control of Justice Andrew Jackson for now. I have no intentions to run anymore for a while. 

Clinton is abundantly thankful for the endorsement, and treats Fmr. Pres. Jefferson to all the festivities that NYC can offer, the city Dewitt was once mayor of. 

George Jones: Georgian judge, plantation owner and husband of Elizabeth Hamilton Jones, announces his campaign for the Democratic-Republican nomination.

2 minutes ago, Pringles said:

You are a real elder statesman. 

Respect Memes - lovequotesmessages

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rezi said:

George Jones: Georgian judge, plantation owner and husband of Elizabeth Hamilton Jones, announces his campaign for the Democratic-Republican nomination.

Oh no!

Starting in 1808 we'll see a new (optional) feature introduced.

Every President will be allowed to take up one to three Supreme Court cases during the term and announce his position on the matter (like I support Roe over Wade or something like that). I'll do a die roll for each justice: Justices from the President's party will vote with the President when they roll 20+, Justices of the opposition party will vote for the President if they roll 80+.

1 minute ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

Starting in 1808 we'll see a new (optional) feature introduced.

Every President will be allowed to take up one to three Supreme Court cases during the term and announce his position on the matter (like I support Roe over Wade or something like that). I'll do a die roll for each justice: Justices from the President's party will vote with the President when they roll 20+, Justices of the opposition party will vote for the President if they roll 80+.

I like this..it just gets me so excited for AMPU lol @vcczar

• Like 1

Samuel Smith congressman from Maryland announce his bid for president under the Democratic Republican ticket

Today congressman Samuel Smith of Maryland who is a veteran of the revolutionary war and a member of Maryland militia announced his bid for president. He commands Jefferson for a job well done as president and vows to continue to improve America’s  standing across the globe. 

John Quincy Adams announces he will run for president in the Federalist Primary, to oppose FINOS and racists like Thomas Jefferson. He promises to use whatever legal powers he has to expand the Supreme Court and eject the radical members the democratic republicans forced through the senate.

1 hour ago, themiddlepolitical said:

Sen./Sec. Dewitt Clinton announces run for President (D-R)

"I am running for president to unite the country politically once and for all, to deal with our countries issues and home and abroad as a united nation. I will take a two term pledge and promise to include my cabinet with half Federalists and Half Democratic Republicans, to unite us for good"

Clinton reaches out to others for support in return for endorsements and positions

@Hestia @ConservativeElector2 @Zenobiyl @Pringles 

-and everyone else

John Quincy Adams declares that his cabinet will be 100% federalist only, and not the fake Adams federalists. Only the true Hamiltonian progressives will be given jobs. He also claims that unity for the sake of unity is a lie, and we should fight for moral causes like women’s rights and abolition of slavery. Even if it means a civil war with the southerners.

12 minutes ago, Mishfox said:

John Quincy Adams declares that his cabinet will be 100% federalist only, and not the fake Adams federalists. Only the true Hamiltonian progressives will be given jobs. He also claims that unity for the sake of unity is a lie, and we should fight for moral causes like women’s rights and abolition of slavery. Even if it means a civil war with the southerners.

Mish IRL be like:

the-joker-grenades-e1466922134947 -

Just now, Zenobiyl said:

Y’all wanna elect Mish just to watch this country crash and burn? Or is it just me?

Hell

No

• Haha 1

Tertium Quid John Randolph of Roanoke will challenge Dewitt Clinton at the Jeffersonian Republican Congressional Nominating Caucus, expressing his distaste for the fact that a former Federalist, turned moderate Republican would be endorsed by Thomas Jefferson himself.

Timothy Pickering visits Great Britain to meet with the British Royal Family...

3 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Tertium Quid John Randolph of Roanoke will challenge Dewitt Clinton at the Jeffersonian Republican Congressional Nominating Caucus, expressing his distaste for the fact that a former Federalist, turned moderate Republican would be endorsed by Thomas Jefferson himself.

Are we Charles Pinckney, Randolph of Roanoke, or what? 😛 

Dobs was gonna be my Supreme Court buddy. 😞 

Dewitt Clinton reminds those that Thomas Jefferson endorsed him

"I am offering positions, I am offering unity, I am offering leadership. Let us go into the general election strong and united, you shall be welcome in my cabinet with your support."

@WVProgressive @Sean F Kennedy @Rezi

Edited by themiddlepolitical

5 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

"I am offering positions, I am offering unity, I am offering leadership. Let us go into the general election strong and united, you shall be welcome in my cabinet with your support."

John Quincy Adams supports DeWitt Clinton. 

“Look, he’s still a FINO but he’s more federalist than the other radical conservatives. At least with Clinton we can get a federalist agenda if he wins, unlike Randolph who will plunge our country into another 4 years of far right governing. We Federalists need to be strategic in this primary, which means we must use our votes to ensure DeWitt Clinton wins no matter what. This way we win no matter who is president.”

Edited by Mishfox

6 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

George Jones offers Clinton his support in exchange for creating a new cabinet seat, the secretary of agriculture, and naming Jones to be the first secretary.