Jump to content
The Political Lounge

May 2023 AMPU Playtest Updates


Recommended Posts

In 1868 the gilded age the Gop is having a convention fight between President Grant, Frederick Douglass, John C. Freemont, and William Seward with a few other small fry putting their hat in.

Meanwhile the Democrats are benefitting from George Washington Julian and Horace Greely fleeing the GOP and forcing the blue party to accept them as their presidential candidate and vice presidential candidate 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In 1788, we have our first President of the United States...Scottish-born General Arthur St. Clair.

PATH TO THE PRESIDENCY:

1)  Artemas Ward's invasion of Canada is an incredible disaster.

2)  Israel Putnam is promoted to replace Artemas Ward as Senior General.

3)  Arthur St. Clair is hired as General to fill Putnam's old spot.

4)  Putnam gets fired, Horatio Gates is now Senior General

5)  Gates and St. Clair team up together to win the Battle of Long Island, the final victorious battle leading to British surrender and Independence.  Gates and St. Clair are both recognized as War Heroes.  

6)  St. Clair becomes a faction leader, replacing fired General and former Governor Benjamin Lincoln.

7)  Gates resigns as Senior General, St. Clair is promoted.

8 )  St. Clair starts to get cold feet and lose his passion for leading the military. Starts considering other things he might do with his life.

9) Abraham Clark starts promoting a potential St. Clair Presidency at the Constitutional Convention, proposing a Constitutional plank that would enable the Scotland-born St. Clair to advance to the Presidency.

10)  Father of the Constitution John Lambert works overtime persuading four states to approve Clark's plank, which was initially going to be defeated.

11)  Former Continental Congress President John Adams makes the last-minute suggestion that St. Clair would make a great President.

12)  He's elected unanimously as Father of the Country.

  • Like 2
  • Based 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Joe303300 said:

Has George Washington ever won? In a play test Haven’t seen it yet in any 

In the playtests I’ve been in, it’s felt like there was an intentional effort among human players to get an ahistorical outcome.  They rarely appoint him as senior general even though other options are limited at the start.  The one time he was named as Senior General in a playtest I’ve run, he died in battle.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

In the playtests I’ve been in, it’s felt like there was an intentional effort among human players to get an ahistorical outcome.  They rarely appoint him as senior general even though other options are limited at the start.  The one time he was named as Senior General in a playtest I’ve run, he died in battle.

:classic_angry:

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

173 GOP to 168 DEMS with 178 needed.  Looks like I am going to have to go to a house vote! 

Hopefully 1876 happens so republicans win

Edited by Joe303300
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Imperator Taco Cat said:

Nevermind? Julian/Greely might have just won!

Scratch that, forgot martial law in the south. Washburn wins! please remove your reactions from my false comment, I don't deserve those reputation points.

Edited by Imperator Taco Cat
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1960 election in the 1948 playtest: Thomas Dewey/Douglas MacArthur vs JFK/Lewis Douglas

Thomas Dewey staged a major comeback in this election. Dems looked poised to blowout the GOP after the resignation of President Taft and the unpopularity of President Brooke (who lost in the GOP Primary), but skill, concentration of the nation's center-right, and luck lead Dewey to make the race closer than anyone had imagined it being.

Some say Dewey would've won if not for a last-second New England hurricane, which President Brooke had a poor response to.

image.png.74ee0069a0a5f63439a0fca278728ea3.png

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Based 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From Ted Insanity (a 1772 playtest):  After being in office less than a year, the first President under the new Constitution Federalist Arthur St. Clair resigns after both he and 27 year old Secretary of State Albert Gallatin botch the very first major action of his Presidency, in 1789, the early removal of Native Americans from much of the country (Gallatin resigns too).  This hands the Presidency over to the (not yet formally organized into a party structure) blue party Vice President Thomas Paine, who is pretty much the only notable blue office holder in the country.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

From Ted Insanity (a 1772 playtest):  After being in office less than a year, the first President under the new Constitution Federalist Arthur St. Clair resigns after both he and 27 year old Secretary of State Albert Gallatin botch the very first major action of his Presidency, in 1789, the early removal of Native Americans from much of the country (Gallatin resigns too).  This hands the Presidency over to the (not yet formally organized into a party structure) blue party Vice President Thomas Paine, who is pretty much the only notable blue office holder in the country.

My favorite part is that St. Clair was elected President unanimously — and then forced to resign one year later.

That, and the Blue Party has two Senators, one governor, maybe 5 reps…and the Presidency.  Haha!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MrPotatoTed said:

My favorite part is that St. Clair was elected President unanimously — and then forced to resign one year later.

That, and the Blue Party has two Senators, one governor, maybe 5 reps…and the Presidency.  Haha!

They are slowly creeping up though because they managed to flip one of the NY focus Reps when one died earlier tonight (that was overshadowed).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

They are slowly creeping up though because they managed to flip one of the NY focus Reps when one died earlier tonight (that was overshadowed).

Oh yeah, the bastion of Jeffersonianism in this universe is New York of all places, loyal readers.  It has every single office holder blue, and I don't think red has ever had gov there.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's also worth noting that Paine was not supposed to be here whatsoever. He only earned command because Sam Adams died unexpectedly making him my faction leader, he wasn't supposed to run for President either but he was selected as the "vp" candidate for the blue party and accidently pulled a Burr and snuck in over the actual blue candidate to be vp

  • Haha 1
  • Based 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Oh yeah, the bastion of Jeffersonianism in this universe is New York of all places, loyal readers.  It has every single office holder blue, and I don't think red has ever had gov there.

I'm also gonna add this is largely because I personally am intent on kicking the real Jefferson's ass and it's sort of working.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • vcczar unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...