The Political Lounge

CE2's 1808 primary poll

What do you prefer?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your preferred Democratic-Republican nominee?

• Sen./Sec. Dewitt Clinton - Themiddlepolitical
    • Associate Justice John Randolph of Roanoke - WVProgressive
    • Governor William Henry Harrison - MrPotatoTed
  2. 2. Who is your preferred Federalist nominee?

• Timothy Pickering - Timur
    • John Quincy Adams - Mishfox
    • Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette - Zenobiyl

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/06/2021 at 05:27 PM

President Jefferson expresses discontent among those in his party with the decisions of Mr. Clinton to unite with the opposition.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zenobiyl said:

Lafayette announces that with the possibility of war looming the country needs to be united, and the good of the nation must come before any political divides. For that reason Lafayette declares he will endorse DeWitt Clinton and serve as his running mate in the newly formed National Unity Party. This move will ensure a stable 8 years of government unimpeded by factional disputes. 

@ConservativeElector2@themiddlepolitical

@ConservativeElector2can I run an ACTUAL federalist for president? Instead of this guy who bows down to the dems?

Plot Twist: Freemasons dominate America.

Edited by Timur

John Randolph of Roanoke revokes his endorsement of Clinton, and encourages voters to vote for a true Jeffersonian candidate, or to spoil their ballots rather than elect the Clinton/Lafayette ticket.

1 minute ago, Pringles said:

President Jefferson expresses discontent among those in his party with the decisions of Mr. Clinton to unite with the opposition.

"In time of war we must unite, I have stuck to the message I have preached throughout my candidacy, unity with the other side for the prosperity of our nation. You after all did serve with the opposite party as VP, President Jefferson"

-Sen. Dewitt Clinton

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Timur said:

Plot Twist: Freemasons dominate America.

Clinton must now give out the Masonic cry of distress to win the election.

"It is of ironic nature that when we go from what our original president Washington said of the ideas of parties being wrongful and instead preaching unity, we somehow now fall under the ideals of parties identifying our true character. Polarization is what will drive our country under, and those getting offended because a ticket doesn't completely have their own parties name- this is what will cause the downfall of American politics. There is no buckling, the most powerful positions will still be held by my own party."

@Hestia @Pringles @Rezi @WVProgressive

• Like 1

John Randolph of Roanoke declares his intention to run as an Independent for President, labelling himself as the only candidate who stands for the continuation of Jefferson's legacy. He offers the VP spot to Amos Singletary @Dobs

• Like 3

Hamiltonian Federalists will reluctantly support Lafayette and DeWitt, because Clinton is a former federalist and Lafayette is anti-slavery. He’s better than radicals like John Randolph who would try to restart the slave trade.

2 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

John Randolph of Roanoke declares his intention to run as an Independent for President, labelling himself as the only candidate who stands for the continuation of Jefferson's legacy. He offers the VP spot to Amos Singletary @Dobs

President Jefferson rescinds his endorsement of DeWitt Clinton, calling his candidacy a disappointment to Democratic Republican values and a betrayal of the party.

He endorses Justice Randolph of Roanoke.

Justice Jackson does the same, denouncing Clinton as weak.

Monroe states to have a healthy democracy, you need a healthy opposition. The attempt by Mr. Clinton to deprive the nation of one is a reprehensible political power play that will not be stood for. Monroe endorses Randolph.

George Jones endorses Randolph, calling Clinton’s formation of a national unity party is “not an act of unity, but one of betrayal”.

Timothy Pickering delivers a speech urging the Massachusetts state legislature to vote for a resolution declaring secession from the United States should Randolph win.

Edited by Timur

Pickering urges an unified alliance between LaFayette and Clinton. He continues to put pressure on Federalists in New England (except for the Adamses) to push for independence from the United/Divided States.

General Andrew Jackson begins spreading viscous rumors and makes his opinions well known on Pickering. Calling him an overly obnoxious, weak little bastard. Should Pickering ever step out of line Jackson will seek to use as much power as possible to have him trialed for treason.

2 minutes ago, Hestia said:

Monroe begrudgingly accepts the offer from Clinton in order to foster better feelings among the DR family. 

Sen. Clinton on changing VP picks

"I believed in the message of George Washington, on how parties are a scorn on unity in our country- I tried to continue that message. However I realize to get anything done we must have support, and having James Monroe by my side will help us do that"

@Rezi @WVProgressive @Pringles 

Dewitt Clinton reaches out to let his party allies know of his new pick, and still extends the offer of cabinet spots- and the guarantee of the keeping of their justice spot. 

4 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

@Rezi @WVProgressive @Pringles 

Dewitt Clinton reaches out to let his party allies know of his new pick, and still extends the offer of cabinet spots- and the guarantee of the keeping of their justice spot. 

Samuel Smith emphasizes his support for deWitt Clinton, he will travel across his state of Maryland pushing Clinton’s candidacy.