The Political Lounge

2020 US Election Roleplay

Fbarbarossa

Hello and welcome!

Usually I'd do a little preamble but we lived it!

So, here I present the 2020 US election. This will be my spin on the established Dice system. The following changes have been made: 

Fundraising: rolls from 1-100, will of course have modifiers, higher fundraising rolls means higher momentum and a stronger campaign, lower means the opposite

Momentum: It used to be the rolls were momentum, rolls are now campaign strength, momentum will be calculated differently and will accumulate, momentum will affect turnout, MOE and will factor into polling

Endorsers: D100 roll, will affect funding, momentum and give a one off extra event. However, rejection from an endorser will give the opposite effect. Promises of cabinet positions etc may lower roll thresholds. 

So, please pick your top three candidates and let's go!!!

Sadly my first choice Bernie is taken. So I will do the unthinkable, for the good of the country. I will play DONALD JOHN TRUMP!

Now the progressive movement can infiltrate the Republican Party, and make some real change 😍

5 minutes ago, Mishfox said:

Sadly my first choice Bernie is taken. So I will do the unthinkable, for the good of the country. I will play DONALD JOHN TRUMP!

Now the progressive movement can infiltrate the Republican Party, and make some real change 😍

We aren’t doing GOP.

1. Bernie Sanders

2. Richard Ojeda

3. Sherrod Brown.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zenobiyl said:

We aren’t doing GOP.

If so,

1.Mike Gravel

2.John Bel Edwards

3.Mitch Landrieu

6 minutes ago, Timur said:

If so,

1.Mike Gravel

2.John Bel Edwards

3.Mitch Landrieu

Of course, if someone else wants Gravel, I could play with John Bel Edwards.

2 hours ago, Timur said:

If so,

1.Mike Gravel

2.John Bel Edwards

3.Mitch Landrieu

Sorry for triple posting, I think winning endorsements will be harder for Gravel, and since Dennis Kucinich is likely to be in the race, I would like to change my listing.

1.John Bel Edwards

2.Joe Manchin

3.Mitch Landrieu

Edited by Timur

41 minutes ago, Mishfox said:

@Fbarbarossacan Howie Hawkins become a democrat?

I doubt Hawkins would ever join the Democrats, he seems like too much of an ideological puritan to do that. Maybe a different Progressive Democrat would be better. Perhaps you could be Cenk Uyger, or Maxine Waters, or maybe Ro Khanna? They’re all progressives, and unlike Howie they’re actually Democrats.

51 minutes ago, Mishfox said:

@Fbarbarossacan Howie Hawkins become a democrat?

1 minute ago, WVProgressive said:

I doubt Hawkins would ever join the Democrats, he seems like too much of an ideological puritan to do that. Maybe a different Progressive Democrat would be better. Perhaps you could be Cenk Uyger, or Maxine Waters, or maybe Ro Khanna? They’re all progressives, and unlike Howie they’re actually Democrats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congressional_Progressive_Caucus

30 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Oh ok, I’ll find a good progressive