The Political Lounge

Who would you have voted for? (Final Series)

Pringles

Final Series   

23 members have voted

1. 1. 1992 Election

• Bill Clinton/Al Gore (Democrat)
    • George H.W. Bush/Dan Quayle (Republican)
    • Ross Perot (Independent)
    • Other
  2. 2. 1996 Election

• Bill Clinton/Al Gore (Democrat)
    • Bob Dole/Jack Kemp (Republican)
    • Ross Perot (Independent)
    • Other
  3. 3. 2000 Election

• George W. Bush/Dick Cheney (Republican)
    • Al Gore/Joe Lieberman (Democrat)
    • Ralph Nader (Green)
    • Other
  4. 4. 2004 Election

• George W. Bush/Dick Cheney (Republican)
    • John Kerry/John Edwards (Democrat)
    • Other
  5. 5. 2008 Election

• Barack Obama/Joe Biden (Democrat)
    • John McCain/Sarah Palin (Republican)
    • Other
  6. 6. 2012 Election

• Barack Obama/Joe Biden (Democrat)
    • Mitt Romney/Paul Ryan (Republican)
    • Other
  7. 7. 2016 Election

• Donald Trump/Mike Pence (Republican)
    • Hillary Clinton/Tim Kaine (Democrat)
    • Gary Johnson/Bill Weld (Libertarian)
    • Jill Stein/Ajamu Baracka (Green)
    • Evan McMullin/Mindy Finn
    • Write In: Dick Cheney
    • Other
  8. 8. 2020 Election

• Joe Biden/Kamala Harris (Democrat)
    • Donald Trump/Mike Pence (Republican)
    • Jo Jorgenson/Spike Cohen (Libertarian)
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/09/2021 at 03:59 AM

@Beetlejuice @Cal @Cenzonico @ConservativeElector2 @DakotaHale @Dobs @Edouard @Entrecampos @Fbarbarossa @Hestia @jnewt @JohnGRobertsJr @Kitten @Magnus Rex @Mishfox @MrPotatoTed @pilight @Pringles@Rezi @Rodja @Sean F Kennedy @The Blood @themiddlepolitical @Timur @vcczar @WVProgressive @YVDyTaOxlzZr @Zenobiyl @themiddlepolitical @jvikings1  

Leaderboard will be updated in a final post after the conclusion of both of the series I put up today.

Once the final leaderboard is done, I may pit these candidates against each other and see who ends up to be the GOAT. Hope yall have enjoyed taking a journey through history!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

"Write in: Dick Cheney"

Kek

I had to, as that is who I would write in if I could vote in 2016. 😛 

• Like 1

I cast every vote more or less the way I did in real life, with one exception: going with Jorgensen in 2020 when in reality I voted for Biden.

Let's chalk that up to wishful thinking for national Ranked Choice Voting 🙂

Edited by Magnus Rex

Just now, DakotaHale said:

Well I'd rather vote for him than hunt with him that's for sure

Cheney needs to invite some of his old congressional pals to some good old fashioned duck hunting... might mend the fences since they got rid of his daughter in party leadership... hehe 😛 

Just now, Pringles said:

Cheney needs to invite some of his old congressional pals to some good old fashioned duck hunting... might mend the fences since they got rid of his daughter in party leadership... hehe 😛 

Cheney supports gun control as long as he's the one in control of the gun

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Strom Thurmond in the 1954 South Carolina U.S. Senatorial election and Lisa Murkowski in the 2010 Alaska U.S. Senatorial election were also JUST write-in votes. Only a protest against other candidates. Nothing would ever happen from them, right? 😉

No I was misconstruing your wording on purpose lol. The way you write it makes it seem like it's only bad if you write-in Cheney's name - but a normal vote for him on the ballot is morally justified.

5 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

Just a write-in vote? Lol

Me writing in Dick Cheney is a protest to that entire election, because 2016, is the worst election we've had in a long time. 😛 I'd have no remorse writing in Dick Cheney, because a meme election deserves to get treated like a meme. 😛 And well, Dick Cheney is my meme.

10 minutes ago, Pringles said:

Me writing in Dick Cheney is a protest to that entire election, because 2016, is the worst election we've had in a long time. 😛 I'd have no remorse writing in Dick Cheney, because a meme election deserves to get treated like a meme. 😛 And well, Dick Cheney is my meme.

You didn’t make Harambe an option 😔

2 hours ago, Patine said:

What voter with any conscience, humanity, love of their nation and it's Constitution, or a soul would make a write-in vote for Dick Cheney? 😬

I would never write him in because I'd never throw away my vote like that.  I'll always value the right to have my vote actually matter, I'd never give that up just to make a point that nobody will even notice.

But if he was an actual candidate in 2008?  I'm 90% sure I'd have voted for him in the primary and he'd have a 50/50 shot to get my vote over Barack.  That's about the same chance that McCain had -- before McCain threw his chance away by going with Sarah Palin.

2 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

I would never write him in because I'd never throw away my vote like that.  I'll always value the right to have my vote actually matter, I'd never give that up just to make a point that nobody will even notice.

But if he was an actual candidate in 2008?  I'm 90% sure I'd have voted for him in the primary and he'd have a 50/50 shot to get my vote over Barack.  That's about the same chance that McCain had -- before McCain threw his chance away by going with Sarah Palin.

Cheney/Rudy Giuliani. Who you got? 😛 

I feel like Cheney would keep the Conservative and Evangelical wing in line so someone like Palin wouldn't be need as a RM. As it was for McCain. (Palin is very cringe and is why I'd vote for Obama.) But someone like Giuliani, who at the time, was extremely popular on all sides, before he turned to the dark side like he has now... could've regalvanized the ticket maybe. In reality I think Cheney would lose that election simply because of the times.  

13 minutes ago, Pringles said:

Cheney/Rudy Giuliani. Who you got? 😛 

I feel like Cheney would keep the Conservative and Evangelical wing in line so someone like Palin wouldn't be need as a RM. As it was for McCain. (Palin is very cringe and is why I'd vote for Obama.) But someone like Giuliani, who at the time, was extremely popular on all sides, before he turned to the dark side like he has now... could've regalvanized the ticket maybe. In reality I think Cheney would lose that election simply because of the times.  

Ooh, solid choice.  In 2008, I might go Cheney on that ticket despite the fact that I liked 2008 Obama and LOVED 2008 Biden (I was a supporter back when most people had never heard of him, long before Obama picked him as VP).  

For the record, while my opinion of Bush and Cheney are both still as high as they've ever been -- I've obviously changed my mind drastically about Guliani since he became a stunning example of what being infected with Trumpism can do to you.

1 minute ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Ooh, solid choice.  In 2008, I might go Cheney on that ticket despite the fact that I liked 2008 Obama and LOVED 2008 Biden (I was a supporter back when most people had never heard of him, long before Obama picked him as VP).  

For the record, while my opinion of Bush and Cheney are both still as high as they've ever been -- I've obviously changed my mind drastically about Guliani since he became a stunning example of what being infected with Trumpism can do to you.

Interesting. And yeah, Giuliani has gone off the deep end real bad. I could never even consider supporting him again. But it's sometimes nice to reminisce on America's Mayor in his prime. Which was post 9/11 and for the 2000s. He'd have won a lot of support, and dampened Obama's 2008 victory in my opinion.

It's easy to forget this but Obama and McCain were neck and neck until the economic crash and multiple fiascos concerning Sarah Palin.

Cheney/Giuliani would be a tight run ship. However, Cheney's unpopularity among the electorate would definitely loom, but he might redeem himself in debates. As I think he's an excellent debater... cold rebuttals, and just look at his take down of John Edwards in 04. Cracks me up LOL. 

It'd be tough for me too as Obama/Biden is a good ticket, and I especially am more fond of Joe, but yeah. 

3 hours ago, Sean F Kennedy said:

You didn’t make Harambe an option 😔

Just vote for the Giant Meteor!:classic_tongue:💣