• The Wright Brothers
  9. 9. Sinatra vs. FDR

• Frank Sinatra
    • Franklin Delano Roosevelt
  10. 10. Tubman vs. Clinton

• Harriet Tubman
    • Hilary Clinton

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/10/2021 at 08:33 AM

1 minute ago, Pringles said:

Seeing Michael Moore even as an option made me laugh out loud...

To be honest, I wonder about some of these options myself.

32 minutes ago, Pringles said:

Seeing Michael Moore even as an option made me laugh out loud...

Michael Moore is a no question a great American and deserves to be on the list.He exposes flaws of our country because he wants it to be a better place,Michael is a textbook definition of a patriot.

2 minutes ago, Rodja said:

Michael Moore is a no question a great American and deserves to be on the list.He exposes flaws of our country because he wants it to be a better place,Michael is a textbook definition of a patriot.

I must respectfully, strongly disagree. He is the left wing version of Alex Jones, touts conspiracy theories and has a cult following resembling one of Jones. In all honesty, he is a joke. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pringles said:

I must respectfully, strongly disagree. He is the left wing version of Alex Jones, touts conspiracy theories and has a cult following resembling one of Jones. In all honesty, he is a joke. 

Oh God,yes lets compare Sandy Hook denying fascist with the guy fighting against wars and for free healthcare.I expected better from you my friend.

From what I understand, Michael Moore's Farenheit 9/11 film has distortions and misrepresentations. However, I don't think he's the left-wing Alex Jones. Maybe David Icke?

Edited by Timur
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Timur said:

From what I understand, Michael Moore's Farenheit 9/11 film has distortions and misrepresentations. However, I don't think he's the left-wing Alex Jones. Maybe David Icke?

From a man who once said Osama Bin Laden should be innocent until proven guilty... in the months following 9/11... I think that says a lot about where he stands on those matters. 

Just like Alex who believes 9/11 was an inside job. 

56 minutes ago, Timur said:

From what I understand, Michael Moore's Farenheit 9/11 film has distortions and misrepresentations

All of Moore's films have deceptive editing and occasional outright falsehoods.  Bowling For Columbine had to be edited from its theatrical version for dvd and broadcast release because of them.

Moore has an agenda, and because he has an agenda, you can't take his movies to be factual, observational documentaries.  They're propaganda.  

That doesn't mean you have to disagree with his conclusions.  Just understand that what you are viewing is propaganda, written and edited for the sole purpose of convincing people that Michael Moore is right.  It's hardly an unbiased point of view.

My view of Moore is probably more positive than the average American's, almost certainly because he's a propogandist for my side, but that said, I don't, in any way, consider him one of the 100 greatest Americans, not even close really. To me, a great American is someone who's impact on our country, and even our species, stretches' far beyond their lifetime. Lincoln, Tesla, and Jefferson are great individuals, who we are truly lucky to be able to claim as one of us. Moore is just some schlocky filmmaker in comparison to these great men, and women.

Even among filmmakers Moore is an odd inclusion when people like Frank Capra, Orson Welles, John Ford, Stanley Kubrick, etc. aren't listed.  Even if you limit it to documentary filmmakers, Errol Morris and Ken Burns are far better and more acclaimed.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pilight said:

Even among filmmakers Moore is an odd inclusion when people like Frank Capra, Orson Welles, John Ford, Stanley Kubrick, etc. aren't listed.  Even if you limit it to documentary filmmakers, Errol Morris and Ken Burns are far better and more acclaimed.

Spot on. For real, get Moore out of here and someone like Kubrick. Everybody likes Kubrick, right? Lol.

Her fandom of Michael Moore was probably the only point of contention my wife and I had early on in our relationship.

Thankfully, we soon had a child and no longer had the energy to care about that anymore.  Survival mode, united against our common enemy.  ;c)

Edited by MrPotatoTed
  • Haha 1