The Political Lounge

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh dies at the age of 99

Cenzonico

My sympathies to the British Royal family. However, my personal feelings on him as a person are a little conflicted. I am not moved by authority, power, or tradition. I am moved by one's human spirit. I'm sure he did some good at times. I think I'm most sad to see him go because I wanted to see what he would look like when he was 120. I am actually most saddened by his death because of how it affects his family. I see Queen Elizabeth much more positively and now she'll have him no more after three-quarters of a century of marriage. 

Rest in peace. I dont follow the royal family too much, mainly because I dont really care. But I'm tired of hearing about all the drama on them. Whether everything is true, or isnt (which I doubt most of it is true) I hope this man can be at rest, and his family mourn him. Especially Queen Elizabeth.

• Like 1

Rest in peace to the Iron Duke.

I may be an American republican through and through, but I must admit I have a soft spot for British constitutional monarchy, even if I would vote to usher in a Republic if given the chance.

I hope Her Majesty the Queen and His Royal Highness the Duke of Cambridge are able to mourn peacefully and privately. I was really hoping His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh would live to see his 100th birthday this year.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dobs said:

I was really hoping His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh would live to see his 100th birthday this year.

I'm wonder if he didn't want to make it to 100. He looked like he was rapidly decaying. It's hard to tell if living even a minute brought him that much joy. However, I was curious to see how long he'd keep going and would prefer him alive than dead.

5 hours ago, Dobs said:

Rest in peace to the Iron Duke.

I may be an American republican through and through, but I must admit I have a soft spot for British constitutional monarchy, even if I would vote to usher in a Republic if given the chance.

I hope Her Majesty the Queen and His Royal Highness the Duke of Cambridge are able to mourn peacefully and privately. I was really hoping His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh would live to see his 100th birthday this year.

4 hours ago, vcczar said:

I'm wonder if he didn't want to make it to 100. He looked like he was rapidly decaying. It's hard to tell if living even a minute brought him that much joy. However, I was curious to see how long he'd keep going and would prefer him alive than dead.

Absolutely these. He was a product of his time and unfortunately that time was rittled with prejudiced opinions and biases but it's always sad to see such an important and influential individual leave this world. I as well hope the queen is able to mourn peacefully as it seemed that they had a loving relationship. I've always seen that broken hearts usually bring about a quickened lifespan and I hope the queen is able to process this loss peacefully because I def want the Betty White vs. Queen lifespan rivalry to continue for decades on.

• Like 1