The Political Lounge

Thank you for making this fourm

TZMB

5 hours ago, TZMB said:

Seriously, its much more capable and active here. Plus the PI games are going a bit downhill. Any other good polsims?

3 hours ago, Pringles said:

The Political Process on steam is always great!

I personally think PP is overrated. I had fun for about a week but it isn't that much fun when 1) You run out of things to pass and do, and 2) there aren't real politicians. 

The game I'm making is going to be a lot better. I doubt people that play both AMPU and PP will want to go back to PP, especially once AMPU allows for people to create themself in the game. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

I personally think PP is overrated. I had fun for about a week but it isn't that much fun when 1) You run out of things to pass and do, and 2) there aren't real politicians. 

The game I'm making is going to be a lot better. I doubt people that play both AMPU and PP will want to go back to PP, especially once AMPU allows for people to create themself in the game. 

I'm sure it'll be better. Though right now, Political Process is pretty much the best we got. It's for sure better than Anthony's games, which crash 75% of the time when you're playing. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Patine said:

The big advantages of Anthony's games, here, are the much easier custom scenario making and the fact they can cover election material outside (far outside, if you work it) modern U.S. politics. These remain the selling points of 270soft, to me, even if I detest their creator (though I'm certain I'd feel the same about many other creators, authors, songwriters, etc. of many other entertainment types, products, and IP's I greatly enjoy, if I actually interacted with them, too, personally or online).

You're right in that aspect. I greatly enjoy PMI compared to PI since it rarely crashes in comparison, as well as I like playing the smaller parties too. For US games, political process is better in my opinion. 

What's the actual deal with Anthony and PI anyways? Not only have the games gotten worse but he's become an unbearable asshole. The 270soft community used to be friendly, active, and fun. Even if the games were flawed, the community was great. Now he's virtually made the community a dictatorship and the games are completely unplayable and share the quality of PC game from 2002. His 2008 P4E is much more fun and playable than whatever he's putting out now.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

That's why I'm keeping (and even using) his older games. Plus, they're finished products - not awaiting constant updates.

The current UI is a total joke. Looks like a mobile game from 2010

2 hours ago, TZMB said:

The current UI is a total joke. Looks like a mobile game from 2010

What is UI? Also, why does it look like a mobile game from 2010?

Edited by Timur