Taiwan or China

Timur

Taiwan or China?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Taiwan or China?

• Taiwan
    • China
    • Other (please specify)

Eh, it’s a choice between two capitalist countries so I don’t really support either. Odd that so many support Taiwan solely because it’s anti CCP, even though it was founded by a fascist genocider. Propaganda go brrrr I guess. 😕

• Disagree 5

2 minutes ago, Mishfox said:

Eh, it’s a choice between two capitalist countries so I don’t really support either. Odd that so many support Taiwan solely because it’s anti CCP, even though it was founded by a fascist genocider. Propaganda go brrrr I guess. 😕

Fascist enough to be among the allies in WWII. Okay...

37 minutes ago, Patine said:

It's all politics, money, and old divides, notably between Mao Zedong and Chiang Kai-shek, both of whom were brutal, autocratic, bloody-handed, and absolutist tyrants, with no regard for human rights or the real will of the people - just that Mao was Pro-Soviet and Chiang was Pro-U.S. This sort of division for, "legitimacy," for many Third World Nations' leadership, or in a war between two Third World Nations, between two such horrid, monstrous tyrants, one backed by each bloc, and the choice or decision of the people of those given nations for leadership was the last thing wanted to be considered, and the tyrants were armed to teeth, and had secret police trained by one of the two biggest, most prolific, and best funded terrorist groups in history - the CIA or KGB - to suppress popular sentiment against these foreign-backed tyrants. The Cold War was a true, "dirty war," with despicable tactics, and making high criminals around the world, of which those who are still alive, of ANY nationality, bar none, should be tried for their transgressions and lose all political protection. There was no, "winner," in the Cold War, and the fallout, even if, fortunately, not nuclear, still affects the global stage for the worse to this day...

Well, Chiang's Party isn't the one ruling.

Edited by Timur
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mishfox said:

Believe it or not that's not what they are now...

• Like 1

I'm rarely either/or when it comes to one country or another. So let me say this:

• I support Taiwan's independence and their on-going quest for recognition of that independence. I support defending that independence in the event China invades. 
  • I support China's desire to compete with the US and the Western world as I believe in a shared world. I think they, as well as all countries, have a right to challenge our leadership. I welcome that challenge. 
  • I DO NOT support any human rights violations by any of these countries or by any country, my country included. 
  • I DO NOT support military aggression or bellicose foreign policy by any country, my country included. 
  • I DO NOT support the philosophy of exceptionalism--the idea that one's culture, politics, philosophy, or people--are chosen or superior to others, my country included. 

9 minutes ago, Mishfox said:

Taiwan is a liberal democracy. China is an authoritarian one-party state.

• Agree 4

10 minutes ago, Mishfox said:

Kai Shek is long dead. Whatever disagreements you had with him previously, he is not the ruler of the country right now. Taiwan is a little island that is constantly under threat from the Chinese state. Which is largely an authoritarian dictatorship. 

Once again, you prove that you have not even the slightest clue of what you're talking about. I'm no expert either but I think any sensible person that pays attention to history and current events can say that Taiwan deserves to be protected from China.  

Funny how you have a tendency to oppose the "little guys" like Israel, like Taiwan. (Both Democracies) 

You're probably just upset your idol, Chairman Mao is long gone. 

1 minute ago, Pringles said:

I love Beijing Tiananmen,
The sun rises above Tiananmen.
The great leader Chairman Mao,
Leads all of us forward.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pringles said:

Respectfully wish Chairman Mao eternal life! - China | Propaganda art,  Chinese propaganda, Chinese propaganda posters

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I'm rarely either/or when it comes to one country or another. So let me say this:

• I support Taiwan's independence and their on-going quest for recognition of that independence. I support defending that independence in the event China invades. 
  • I support China's desire to compete with the US and the Western world as I believe in a shared world. I think they, as well as all countries, have a right to challenge our leadership. I welcome that challenge. 
  • I DO NOT support any human rights violations by any of these countries or by any country, my country included. 
  • I DO NOT support military aggression or bellicose foreign policy by any country, my country included. 
  • I DO NOT support the philosophy of exceptionalism--the idea that one's culture, politics, philosophy, or people--are chosen or superior to others, my country included. 

I don't think that a shared world with a totalitarian dictatorship is really the best way to move forward in the world. If Taiwan united with China under Taiwans leadership, as a liberal democracy, then I'd be more susceptible to that idea. The last three points appear to all be Chinese policies, which makes it hard to ask anything other than why not just support Taiwan?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Patine said:

Taiwan, like the U.S. is a, "soft-tyranny," plutocratic, two-party state with an engineered lack of choice and not enough difference between the two dominant parties.

And yet, there is no comparison between China and Taiwan. 

• Agree 4

Just now, Patine said:

Taiwan, like the U.S. is a, "soft-tyranny," plutocratic, two-party state with an engineered lack of choice and not enough difference between the two dominant parties.

THANK YOU. Finally someone has the courage to say the truth.

• Disagree 3

6 minutes ago, Pringles said:

Kai Shek is long dead. Whatever disagreements you had with him previously, he is not the ruler of the country right now. Taiwan is a little island that is constantly under threat from the Chinese state. Which is largely an authoritarian dictatorship. 

Once again, you prove that you have not even the slightest clue of what you're talking about. I'm no expert either but I think any sensible person that pays attention to history and current events can say that Taiwan deserves to be protected from China.  

Funny how you have a tendency to oppose the "little guys" like Israel, like Taiwan. (Both Democracies) 

Mao was red fascist, so no he isn’t my idol. I bet bush/Kissinger/Rumsfeld/ whatever other neocon imperialist is your idol though 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, Patine said:

Well, the U.S. has a long habit of supporting tyrants abroad. They're foreign policy, specifically, is rarely better than China's or the USSR's/Russia's, to be honest. And, the U.S. installs more new tyrants or chaotic messes in nations than democracies, to be honest.

So you'd say that an authoritarian dictatorship like China would be preferable to current U.S. policy? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mishfox said:

Mao was red fascist, so no he isn’t my idol. I bet bush/Kissinger/Rumsfeld/ whatever other neocon imperialist is your idol though 🤣

I bet Kissinger is 666 and an important member of the NWO.

Edited by Timur
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mishfox said:

* implying usa isn’t authoritarian

😂😂😂

Doesn't any government have some semblance of authority? Isn't that one of the whole points of Government?

Are you an anarchist?

3 minutes ago, Mishfox said:

https://sites.google.com/site/pointprophetic/rapture-of-the-church-pre-mid-or-post-tribulation/endtime666calculator

Just now, Pringles said:

Doesn't any government have some semblance of authority? Isn't that one of the whole points of Government?

Are you an anarchist?

In a sense. I’m a Marxist Leninist so my end goal is a stateless classless society. Of course to Americans that just means I’m REEEE COMMIE 🙄

4 minutes ago, Mishfox said:

At least one of those people you named earned a nobel peace prize... not sure about Mao, Lenin, Stalin, Pol Pot, Sankara, and all of the other bozos you seem to support. 

1 minute ago, Hestia said:

I don't think that a shared world with a totalitarian dictatorship is really the best way to move forward in the world. If Taiwan united with China under Taiwans leadership, as a liberal democracy, then I'd be more susceptible to that idea. The last three points appear to all be Chinese policies, which makes it hard to ask anything other than why not just support Taiwan?

I think you are overblowing where China would fit in my idea of a shared world. There are 195 countries. They have about 19% of the world's population. In my idea of a shared world, they would have significantly less influence in a world that is shared, considering their totalitarian dictatorship is a minority philosophy. Nevertheless, they should have a say, just as any country has, and they do contain 19% of the world's population. 

India has the same population basically. If influence was allowable based on population, then India could cancel out China's "world votes" on their own in a hypothetical world government. They'd have the same number of Reps. 

It would be interesting to see how a world government would look like if there was a Senate and House.

2 minutes ago, Mishfox said:

implying usa isn’t authoritarian

😂😂😂

It really is not, despite certain issues with our government, and I am amazed someone could say Taiwan and China are comparable, and then add onto that by calling the US authoritarian in a similar light as China.

• Like 1