Timur

Taiwan or China?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Taiwan or China?

• Taiwan
    • China
    • Other (please specify)

Just now, Patine said:

Not specifically them, no. But the al-Saud family seems to be a long-standing favourite, for instance.

Right. So whereas in the U.S., there can be widespread opposition to support for a Saudi family, etc. which *could* force the government to change tack over the years. It hasn't so far, but there's more pressure than there has been in the past. With a China or something like that, there isn't any pressure to force a change.

1 minute ago, Mishfox said:

In a sense. I’m a Marxist Leninist so my end goal is a stateless classless society. Of course to Americans that just means I’m REEEE COMMIE 🙄

No, it means you're a troll like that other fake Communist guy in 270soft forums.

Just now, Patine said:

Spare us the clickbait by unhinged, conspiracy theorist, false prophet, attention-seekers.

It's all for the laughs.

2 minutes ago, Timur said:

No, it means you're a troll like that other fake Communist guy in 270soft forums.

Ffs I’m not a communist. I’m a MARXIST LENINIST. Learn the difference instead of calling everything left wing communist.

Just now, Mishfox said:

Ffs I’m not a communist. I’m a MARXIST LENINIST. Learn the difference instead of calling everything left wing communist.

Marxism-Leninism is a communist ideology.

• Like 1

Just now, Mishfox said:

MARXIST LENINIST

You realize this term was invented by the USSR to be its official state ideology?

• Like 1

Just now, Hestia said:

Yeah no, reddit is not factual. When the first sentence says that "North Korean defectors inaccurately describe prison conditions", your credibility, already small, is shot to bits. 

Lol. Such a rapid reply tells me you haven’t even read it yet. So open minded 🙄

Just now, Mishfox said:

I didn't need to when I saw this

image.png.41d97cbe802fb9607046ae97572835bf.png

as well as claims that everything in Xinjiang is a-ok. I've spent enough time researching the topic myself to know that this thread is absolute bullshit. 

Just now, Mishfox said:

Most of us here have been around long enough to not believe everything we're told on the internet. Especially reddit. And especially r/communism. 

This is a similar tier of conspiracy that you'd find on Infowars.

Just now, Patine said:

There is actually pressure. From within. Did you know, contrary to outside Western perceptions, the CCP is not as unified or internally disciplined as it's made out to be. Deng moved China from Maoist Agrarian-Populist Communism the current Modernist Market-Hybrid Communism, but he was not unopposed. Zhu, the Premier of China and General Secretary of the CCP at the time of the Tianamen Square riots and crackdown, was a big reformer, and the protests were actually triggered when the Politburo outvoted Zhu, and not by a huge majority (he was sacked from his position shortly after). Xi's, "anti-corruption drives," are actually diplomatic and even workable ways to purge powerful Party opponents. The Party Chairman (essentially mayor) of Shanghai showed public sympathy for the frustrations (if not tactics) of the Hong Kong protesters. Thinking of the CCP as a solid bloc of opinion and policy is a big mistake. It's like the American Republicans and Democrats, just without PUBLIC Primaries...

I don't think the CCP is like the American Republicans and Democrats. It's better than the Workers' Party of Korea though.

5 minutes ago, Mishfox said:

What are your thoughts on the uyghur genocide

Actually, the CCP, the Republicans, the Democrats, the Workers' Party of Korea, the Saudi Royal Family, etc. are puppets of a shadow government consisting of elite bankers controlling the world.

• Agree 1

Just now, Timur said:

Actually, the CCP, the Republicans, the Democrats, the Workers' Party of Korea, the Saudi Royal Family, etc. are puppets of a shadow government consisting of elite bankers controlling the world.

How did you know? Make sure to check you front door later on in the day...

• Haha 2

Just now, Rezi said:

What are your thoughts on the uyghur genocide

I’m not a denier lol. It is interesting that this genocide happened after China went capitalist though 🤔

Also you should look into the genocides down by UK and USA. Way worse than anything done by CCP.

Just now, Mishfox said:

I’m not a denier lol. It is interesting that this genocide happened after China went capitalist though 🤔

Also you should look into the genocides down by UK and USA. Way worse than anything done by CCP.

Well that megathread you sent are chock-full of deniers. Why should I believe anything else when a whole section of that is filled with lies and propaganda? 

3 minutes ago, Mishfox said:

I mean, yeah, the UK has done some pretty fucked stuff in its colonial past, and the US does not have a good track record with Native Americans, but why do we need to turn the page to actions by the UK and US from decades/centuries ago, and not focus on the destruction of the Uyghur people going on right now?