Jump to content
The Political Lounge

CE2's 1808 election poll


ConservativeElector2
 Share

Who do you vote for?  

18 members have voted

  1. 1. Who would you vote for?

    • Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette/Samuel Smith (Zenobiyl/Sean F Kennedy) - F
    • Dewitt Clinton/James Monroe (Themiddlepolitical/Hestia) - D-R
  2. 2. Who would you vote for (Senate)?

    • Federalists
    • Democratic-Republicans
  3. 3. Who would you vote for (House)?

    • Federalists
    • Democratic-Republicans

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/13/2021 at 01:37 PM

Recommended Posts

@Zenobiyl Congratulations to President Lafayette and his running mate Samuel Smith on their election victory.

Please assemble a government, so we can proceed to life and term rolls 🙂 finally, you are allowed to pick up to three SC cases from the historical years of your terms, so we can see the first iteration of SC rolls.

The Senate is a virtual tie, and as your vice president is from the opposition party it will require more than 20 in a roll to confirm an appointment.

Have fun!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cabinet Members

President: Lafayette @Zenobiyl

Vice President: Samuel Smith @Sean F Kennedy

Secretary of State: John Adams @The Blood

Secretary of the Treasury: Timothy Pickering @Timur

Secretary of War: George Jones @Rezi

Attorney General: Bushrod Washington @ConservativeElector2

Secretary of the Navy: William Henry Harrison @MrPotatoTed

I’ll give the case Fletcher V. Peck to the Supreme Court, and no others for now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fletcher_v._Peck

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Zenobiyl said:

Cabinet Members

President: Lafayette @Zenobiyl

Vice President: Samuel Smith @Sean F Kennedy

Secretary of State: John Adams @The Blood

Secretary of the Treasury: Timothy Pickering @Timur

Secretary of War: George Jones @Rezi

Attorney General: Bushrod Washington @ConservativeElector2

Secretary of the Navy: William Henry Harrison @MrPotatoTed

I’ll give the case Fletcher V. Peck to the Supreme Court, and no others for now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fletcher_v._Peck

 

 

Wonderful!

Rolls will be sometime later today (hopefully).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So update for everyone outside discord. My entire cabinet was approved except for attorney general, who the democratic republicans filibustered three times. After three failed nominations I decided to nominate John Quincy Adams as a middle finger to the senate, and he was approved. Yay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cabinet rolls:

Bushrod Washington has failed confirmation (9). His replacement nominee George Clinton was rejected as well (16). DeWitt Clinton failed (2), John Quincy Adams was confirmed. A clerk of the Senate discovered he was in fact killed years ago in a duel. So much for the super important nomination hearings... Betsy Ross got qualified as first woman serving in a US cabinet. Congratulations.

John Adams and George Jones however, had unanimous confirmations. The rest was confirmed as well.

Supreme Court roll:

Fletcher v. Peck 

Could the contract between Fletcher and Peck be invalidated by an act of the Georgia legislature?

The Supreme Court has ruled against the Georgia legislature. The 4-3 majority opinion was written by Associate Justice Thompson and joined by Justices Randolph of Roanoke, Brockholst Livingston and Jackson.

Chief Justice Jay and Associate Justices Marshall and Pinckney have dissented.

Life rolls:

The President himself has rolled an 8 and died midway through his term. Vice President Smith @Sean F Kennedy becomes the nation's first Vice President to ascend to the Presidency.

Associate Justice Thomas Pinckney died shortly afterwards. That means President Smith needs to appoint a new justice! @Sean F Kennedy

Term rolls Lafayette:

Foreign: 86

Domestic: 88

Economy: 67

 

Term rolls Smith:

Foreign: 99

Domestic: 37

Economy: 5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

President Smith nominates DeWitt Clinton to the Supreme Court he also intends to not run for a full term.

Today President Smith announced his intention to retire after the term is up claiming “I am no Federalist, but I recognize that we need a healthy opposition, and after the potential of a one party rule I saw a duty to my country, I announce I will not be seeking another term as President and I will announce my nominee for the Supreme Court, DeWitt Clinton!”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Sean F Kennedy said:

President Smith nominates DeWitt Clinton to the Supreme Court he also intends to not run for a full term.

Today President Smith announced his intention to retire after the term is up claiming “I am no Federalist, but I recognize that we need a healthy opposition, and after the potential of a one party rule I saw a duty to my country, I announce I will not be seeking another term as President and I will announce my nominee for the Supreme Court, DeWitt Clinton!”

With the field open Democratic Republican congressman from North Carolina William Kennedy announces his candidacy for the presidential nomination. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Kennedy_(North_Carolina_politician)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Sean F Kennedy said:

President Smith nominates DeWitt Clinton to the Supreme Court he also intends to not run for a full term.

Today President Smith announced his intention to retire after the term is up claiming “I am no Federalist, but I recognize that we need a healthy opposition, and after the potential of a one party rule I saw a duty to my country, I announce I will not be seeking another term as President and I will announce my nominee for the Supreme Court, DeWitt Clinton!”

Clinton is confirmed. That ends the term.

Thank you all. See you in 1812. The post will be up to a more user friendly time later today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2021 at 6:17 AM, ConservativeElector2 said:

Cabinet rolls:

Bushrod Washington has failed confirmation (9). His replacement nominee George Clinton was rejected as well (16). DeWitt Clinton failed (2), John Quincy Adams was confirmed. A clerk of the Senate discovered he was in fact killed years ago in a duel. So much for the super important nomination hearings... Betsy Ross got qualified as first woman serving in a US cabinet. Congratulations.

John Adams and George Jones however, had unanimous confirmations. The rest was confirmed as well.

Supreme Court roll:

Fletcher v. Peck 

Could the contract between Fletcher and Peck be invalidated by an act of the Georgia legislature?

The Supreme Court has ruled against the Georgia legislature. The 4-3 majority opinion was written by Associate Justice Thompson and joined by Justices Randolph of Roanoke, Brockholst Livingston and Jackson.

Chief Justice Jay and Associate Justices Marshall and Pinckney have dissented.

Life rolls:

The President himself has rolled an 8 and died midway through his term. Vice President Smith @Sean F Kennedy becomes the nation's first Vice President to ascend to the Presidency.

Associate Justice Thomas Pinckney died shortly afterwards. That means President Smith needs to appoint a new justice! @Sean F Kennedy

Term rolls Lafayette:

Foreign: 86

Domestic: 88

Economy: 67

 

Term rolls Smith:

Foreign: 99

Domestic: 37

Economy: 5

What happened to Timothy Pickering in the vote?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...