The Political Lounge

CE2's 1812 announcement thread

ConservativeElector2

@Beetlejuice @Cal @Cenzonico @ConservativeElector2 @DakotaHale @Dobs @Edouard @Entrecampos @Fbarbarossa @Hestia @jnewt @JohnGRobertsJr @jvikings1 @kelley05v42774750 @Kitten @Magnus Rex @Mishfox @MrPotatoTed @NYRepublican @Patine @pFzCXDHANyh @pilight @Pringles @Rezi @Rodja @Sean F Kennedy @SilentLiberty @The Blood @themiddlepolitical @Timur @TZMB @upandaway @vcczar @Wiw @WVProgressive @Zenobiyl 

We saw a heated last term. So please announce your candidacies for the red and blue primaries 😉

Cabinet picks turned out to be opposed unusually by the Senate.

Bushrod Washington has failed confirmation (9). His replacement nominee George Clinton was rejected as well (16). DeWitt Clinton failed (2), John Quincy Adams was confirmed. A clerk of the Senate discovered he was in fact killed years ago in a duel. So much for the super important nomination hearings... Betsy Ross got confirmed as first woman serving in a US cabinet.

John Adams and George Jones however, had unanimous confirmations. The rest was confirmed as well.

We saw our first Supreme Court roll:

Fletcher v. Peck 

Could the contract between Fletcher and Peck be invalidated by an act of the Georgia legislature?

The Supreme Court has ruled against the Georgia legislature. The 4-3 majority opinion was written by Associate Justice Thompson and joined by Justices Randolph of Roanoke, Brockholst Livingston and Jackson.

Chief Justice Jay and Associate Justices Marshall and Pinckney have dissented.

Life rolls:

The President himself has rolled an 8 and died midway through his term. Vice President Smith @Sean F Kennedy became the nation's first Vice President to ascend to the Presidency.

Associate Justice Thomas Pinckney died shortly afterwards. President Smith appointed DeWitt Clinton.

Term rolls Lafayette:

Foreign: 86

Domestic: 88

Economy: 67

Term rolls Smith:

Foreign: 99

Domestic: 37

Economy: 5

IN 1812 LOUSIANA JOINED THE UNION AS 18TH STATE!!!

ファイル:Flag of Louisiana.svg

Current Supreme Court

image.png.69e3fbd01f8fdc8bf8ade2fa55a0a079.png

• Like 1

War Secretary George Jones announces his candidacy for the Blue/D-R nomination, speaking of the necessity to elect him during the War of 1812 and the crisis surrounding it, as he's the one who's been dealing with the war as secretary, and he also has the necessary experience to be Commander-In-Chief from his time as a soldier in the Revolutionary War.

Samuel Smith will put his full support behind James Monroe

”Today I’d like to put my full support towards my good friend James Monroe, I trust him to steer our economy on the right path, I’m sorry for the shape it is in now the War has decimated our economy and I feel responsible for the pain and suffering of our citizens.” @Hestia

• Like 1

John Randolph of Roanoke will once again run for president.

Betsy Ross announces she will run for the presidency in 1812 as a federalist. She promises to give women the right to vote, and to create a national anthem for the United States. She also promises to expand the number of justices on the Supreme Court, to make up for the unfair stacking done by Jefferson and his radical followers.

Edited by Mishfox

25 minutes ago, Patine said:

The fag of Louisiana wasn't adopted until the State's centenary in 1912 (though a cruder rendition was created at the end of the U.S. Civil War). A fun fact, only Alaska, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Texas, and Vermont have had official flags since Statehood, and the majority of U.S. States, including several stated above, have had one or more previous official flags to the ones known today.

I've really wondered about that comment coming up. Thank you 😛 

Timothy Pickering announces again.

Edited by Timur

On 6/20/2021 at 6:36 AM, Mishfox said:

Betsy Ross announces she will run for the presidency in 1812 as a federalist. She promises to give women the right to vote, and to create a national anthem for the United States. She also promises to expand the number of justices on the Supreme Court, to make up for the unfair stacking done by Jefferson and his radical followers.

Rumors that have very little ground have it that Pickering wants the national anthem of New England to be "Chester".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chester_(song)

Edited by Timur