The Political Lounge

AMPU 1776 Rookie Draft

AMPU 1776 Rookie Draft  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Blue Party: Who would be your first choice to draft if you had the first pick in this rookie draft?

• James Madison of VA - 56 draft value
    • James Garrard of KY - 34
    • James M Varnum of RI - 29
    • Isaac Shelby of KY - 28
    • Joseph B Varnum of MA - 28
  2. 2. Red Party: Who would be your first choice to draft if you had the first pick in this rookie draft?

• Thomas Pinckney of SC - 36 draft value
    • Frederick Muhlenberg of PA - 27
    • Henry Knox of MA - 26
    • Jared Ingersoll of PA - 25
    • Joseph Habersham of GA - 23

@Beetlejuice @Cal @Cenzonico @ConservativeElector2 @DakotaHale @Dobs @Edouard @Entrecampos @Eugene @Fbarbarossa @Hestia @jnewt @JohnGRobertsJr @jvikings1 @kelley05v42774750 @Kitten @Magnus Rex @Mishfox @MrPotatoTed @NYRepublican @Patine @pFzCXDHANyh @pilight @Pringles @Rezi @Rodja @Sean F Kennedy @SilentLiberty @The Blood @themiddlepolitical @Timur @TZMB @upandaway @vcczar @Wiw @WVProgressive @Zenobiyl

This is the earliest rookie draft. That is, politicians that have reached the age of 25 by the time of the draft year. As such, everyone on this list is between the ages of 25 and 29. Once again, the draft value measures the potential. Not all politicians will reach their potential. For instance, Madison may never secure office and get hit with some event cards that could decrease his value #. Someone that is an 11 draft value could end up being higher than Madison by the end of their careers, should the 11 get lucky. Think of the draft as similar to the NFL Draft. There could be a Tom Brady in there somewhere. One of the top picks might turn into a Ryan Leaf. That said, one has to be a fool to turn down the chance to draft some of these politicians. 

For each rookie draft, I'll put the top 5 draft value for each part in a poll. If there are any other notables or celebrities, I'll include them in addition to the top 5 just for fun. 

• Like 1

This is what I would call a good--but not great--draft. There's one clear Blue Chip (Madison). Two near-blue chips (Pinckney and Garrard), and five high quality picks. Habersham is what I would call a quality--but not high quality--pick.