The Political Lounge

AMPU 1832 Rookie Draft

AMPU 1832 Rookie Draft  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you hope to draft first if you were a faction of the Blue Party? (Draft value is the # below)

• Thomas H Seymour of CT - 29
    • John P Hale of NH - 25
    • Henry A Wise of VA - 23
    • James Shields of IL - 23
    • Benito Juarez of "Mexico" - 22
    • Franklin Pierce of NH - 19
    • David Rice Atchison of MO - 16
    • Stand Waite of GA (later OK) - 4
  2. 2. Who would you hope to draft first if you were a faction of the Red Party? (Draft value is the # below)

• William L Dayton of NJ - 25
    • Charles J Jenkins of GA - 24
    • La Fayette Foster of CT - 24
    • Charles F Adams Sr of MA - 23
    • William A Graham of NC - 22
    • Robert E Lee of VA - 19
    • Joseph Smith of IL - 18

@Beetlejuice @Cal @Cenzonico @ConservativeElector2 @DakotaHale @Dobs @Edouard @Entrecampos @Eugene @Fbarbarossa @Hestia @jnewt @JohnGRobertsJr @jvikings1 @kelley05v42774750 @Kitten @Magnus Rex @Mishfox @MrPotatoTed @NYRepublican @Patine @pFzCXDHANyh @pilight @Pringles @Rezi @Rodja @Sean F Kennedy @SilentLiberty @The Blood @themiddlepolitical @Timur @TZMB @upandaway @vcczar @Wiw @WVProgressive @Zenobiyl

Not a power draft but there are a lot of notables. Juarez would require complete annexation of Mexico. Joseph Smith is the founder of Mormonism. In case anyone why Robert E Lee isn't on the Blue team, he was a Whig. Charles F Adams Sr is the son of JQ Adams. 

47 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

I don't know who Shields is, but I have a friend with that exact name, so I drafted him. ;c)

He's the only person to be US Senator of three different states. I think they were IL, MN, and WI, but one of them may have been IA. He's also foreign-born, which makes the accomplishment even greater. 

I admit, the Mexican guy was my second choice for the Blue Party. Maybe he should have been my first.

I personally don't have a very good opinion of Smith, but he would be an interesting candidate nonetheless.

Edited by Timur