The Political Lounge

AMPU 1888 Rookie Draft

AMPU 1888 Rookie Draft  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you hope to draft first if you were a faction of the Blue Party? (Draft value is the # below)

• Claude A Swanson of VA - 35
    • J Hamilton Lewis of WA (later IL) - 35
    • William Jennings Bryan of NE - 33
    • William Randolph Hearst of NY - 32
    • John Albert Johnson of MN - 27
    • William Gibbs McAdoo of CA - 22
    • James K Vardaman of MS - 14
  2. 2. Who would you hope to draft first if you were a faction of the Red Party? (Draft value is the # below)

• Charles Evans Hughes of NY - 38
    • Henry Ford of MI - 37
    • John J Pershing of MO - 27
    • Charles Curtis of KS - 25
    • Frank O Lowden of IL - 25
    • Reed Smoot of UT - 16
    • George W Norris of NE - 15

@Beetlejuice @Cal @Cenzonico @ConservativeElector2 @DakotaHale @Dobs @Edouard @Entrecampos @Eugene @Fbarbarossa @Hestia @jnewt @JohnGRobertsJr @jvikings1 @kelley05v42774750 @Kitten @Magnus Rex @Mishfox @MrPotatoTed @NYRepublican @Patine @pFzCXDHANyh @pilight @Pringles @Rezi @Rodja @Sean F Kennedy @SilentLiberty @The Blood @themiddlepolitical @Timur @TZMB @upandaway @vcczar @Wiw @WVProgressive @Zenobiyl

This draft has two failed presidential nominees and one VP. I just read a book that compared Trump to Vardaman. George W Norris was the nephew of my great-great grandfather. As such, he's my 1st cousin many times removed. My great-great grandfather was also Sen. Norris's teacher. My great-great-great grandfather, the brother of Norris's mother, was the executor on Norris's father's will. 

16 hours ago, vcczar said:

@Beetlejuice @Cal @Cenzonico @ConservativeElector2 @DakotaHale @Dobs @Edouard @Entrecampos @Eugene @Fbarbarossa @Hestia @jnewt @JohnGRobertsJr @jvikings1 @kelley05v42774750 @Kitten @Magnus Rex @Mishfox @MrPotatoTed @NYRepublican @Patine @pFzCXDHANyh @pilight @Pringles @Rezi @Rodja @Sean F Kennedy @SilentLiberty @The Blood @themiddlepolitical @Timur @TZMB @upandaway @vcczar @Wiw @WVProgressive @Zenobiyl

This draft has two failed presidential nominees and one VP. I just read a book that compared Trump to Vardaman. George W Norris was the nephew of my great-great grandfather. As such, he's my 1st cousin many times removed. My great-great grandfather was also Sen. Norris's teacher. My great-great-great grandfather, the brother of Norris's mother, was the executor on Norris's father's will. 

I've seen James Blaine being compared to Trump as well.

https://thomasnastcartoons.com/2015/12/08/trump-gop-blaine/

Charles Curtis really deserves more recognition. He was 3/8 Native American. Thus, he was the first VP that had non-European ancestry.