The Political Lounge

AMPU Remaining 21st Century Drafts

AMPU 21st century drafts  

23 members have voted

1. 1. 2000: Who would you hope to draft first if you were a faction of the Blue Party? (Draft value is the # below)

• Stacey Abrams of GA - 30
    • Andrew Yang of NY - 24
    • Tim Ryan of OH - 22
    • Julian Castro of TX - 20
    • Jared Polis of CO - 18
    • Beto O'Rourke of TX - 18
  2. 2. 2000: Who would you hope to draft first if you were a faction of the Red Party? (Draft value is the # below)

• Nikki Haley of SC - 33
    • Ben Sasse of NE - 22
    • Adam Putnam of FL - 17
    • Jim Bridenstine of OK - 17
    • Todd Young of IN - 14
    • Marjorie Taylor Greene of GA - 7
  3. 3. 2004: Who would you hope to draft first if you were a faction of the Blue Party? (Draft value is the # below)

• Seth Moulton of MA - 21
    • Kyrsten Sinema of AZ - 17
    • Clay Aiken of NC - 15
    • Ro Khanna of CA - 15
    • Rashida Tlaib of MI - 15
  4. 4. 2004: Who would you hope to draft first if you were a faction of the Red Party? (Draft value is the # below)

• Tom Cotton of AR - 39
    • Ron DeSantis of FL - 26
    • Josh Hawley of MO - 18
    • Martha Roby of AL - 15
    • Adam Laxalt of NV - 14
  5. 5. 2008: Who would you hope to draft first if you were a faction of the Blue Party? (Draft value is the # below)

• Pete Buttigieg of IN - 28
    • Joseph P Kennedy III of MA - 23
    • Tulsi Gabbard of HI - 21
    • Jason Kander of MO - 18
    • Eric Swalwell of CA - 18
  6. 6. 2008: Who would you hope to draft first if you were a faction of the Red Party? (Draft value is the # below)

• Justin Amash of MI - 22
    • Ivanka Trump of NY - 18
    • Beth Fukumoto of HI - 13
    • Patrick Murphy of FL - 13
    • Matt Gaetz of FL - 13
  7. 7. 2012: Who would you hope to draft first if you were a faction of the Blue Party? (Draft value is the # below)

• Jon Ossoff of GA - 25
    • Charles Booker of KY - 15
    • Mandela Barnes of WI - 14
    • Lauren Underwood of IL - 14
    • Michelle Wu of MA - 13
  8. 8. 2012: Who would you hope to draft first if you were a faction of the Red Party? (Draft value is the # below)

• Dan Crenshaw of TX - 32
    • Meghan McCain of AZ - 15
    • Elise Stefanik of NY - 13
    • Anthony Gonzalez of OH - 12
    • Stephen Miller of CA - 11
  9. 9. 2016 and 2020: Who would you hope to draft first if you were a faction of the Blue Party? (Draft value is the # below)

• Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of NY - 27 (2016)
    • Abby Finkenauer of IA - 8 (2016)
    • Ritchie Torres of NY - 8 (2016)
  10. 10. 2016 and 2020: Who would you hope to draft first if you were a faction of the Red Party? (Draft value is the # below)

• Madison Cawthorn of NC - 6 (2020)
    • *You have no other f-ing choice!*

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

Is she a libertarians. I know a lot of libertarians that are anti-Trump. 

I checked a moment ago. She was the editor of Heat Street which is Libertarian. 

It's interesting that all three of Donald Trump's Republican challengers were Libertarian Republicans.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

Such people do also exist? Interesting.

I actually struggled with this myself.  My entire life, I've been someone who rolls their eyes at conspiracy theories.  Then Trump got elected, and almost every single conspiracy about him was just so transparently true.  And that was hard to rectify, in my brain.

But I finally figured it out.  Trump himself was a conspiracy theorist ("Birther", etc), and he surrounded himself with fellow conspiracy theorists...and then they began actually creating real conspiracies because they sincerely believed that this was how things had always been done.  And then cried foul when they were actually held responsible for their conspiracies -- why were they being held accountable when nobody else was?  Not fair!

The answer, of course, is that most conspiracies are not true and therefore there is nobody to hold accountable.  Except during the Trump years.

4 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

I actually struggled with this myself.  My entire life, I've been someone who rolls their eyes at conspiracy theories.  Then Trump got elected, and almost every single conspiracy about him was just so transparently true.  And that was hard to rectify, in my brain.

But I finally figured it out.  Trump himself was a conspiracy theorist ("Birther", etc), and he surrounded himself with fellow conspiracy theorists...and then they began actually creating real conspiracies because they sincerely believed that this was how things had always been done.  And then cried foul when they were actually held responsible for their conspiracies -- why were they being held accountable when nobody else was?  Not fair!

The answer, of course, is that most conspiracies are not true and therefore there is nobody to hold accountable.  Except during the Trump years.

Did you add or take away a column after I unfroze the tabs? The draftee information isn't lining up under the right columns for some players. 

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Did you add or take away a column after I unfroze the tabs? The draftee information isn't lining up under the right columns for some players. 

That’s actually the problem that I’m fixing, I noticed it a couple days ago.  I fixed it on all the sheets except the ones I didn’t have access to.  

Now that I have access, I’ll be able to fix it tonight and everything will line up properly again.

Just now, MrPotatoTed said:

That’s actually the problem that I’m fixing, I noticed it a couple days ago.  I fixed it on all the sheets except the ones I didn’t have access to.  

Now that I have access, I’ll be able to fix it tonight and everything will line up properly again.

Ok, I won't update the draft list and tabs until then.